Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why does sex even have to come into the story.... who cares where they want to stick their one eyed monster or not.
    Gay people apparently do. Everything has to be gay, or they can't "relate".

I would love a Wookie ripping apart Kylo Ren .

Tough hilarious way of making a point gay people .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    First, off. "You people". Super classy. But I'll work from there.

YOU PEOPLE act as if tokenism is a good thing and it's fucking appalling. Diversity is good when it comes naturally. Diversity at gunpoint to satisfy complainers is a terrible thing and leads to strife.

Plus, something for you. Unless romance or sexuality is specifically brought up, sexuality is fucking invisible. Finn and Rey do zero of that, so how can you have the audacity to claim "they must be straight!" And shittalk the people who think they might be gay? Gay, straight, bisexual, whatever people all act the same otherwise. Like PEOPLE. So, the only way to clue it in is to either clunkily force it into film if that detail wasn't crucial in some way (as opposed to a series where people talk to each other in between zombie survival moments, so something like sexuality can crop up naturally) or make a spectacle of it to bait easy tickets out of people who feel advanced for watching a movie with a gay person in it.
    Basically all there needs to be said...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Oh, fucking please.

You do this garbage all the fucking time, you pop into a random thread, post some shit comment where you shit on gamers in general, then run off again, stop avoiding.
    How am I avoiding when I am the one whose actually on topic? You just keep spouting "omg you callin people bigots omg you callin people basement dwellers" I have yet to say any of that. You're the only one making these insinuations.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How am I avoiding when I am the one whose actually on topic? You just keep spouting "omg you callin people bigots omg you callin people basement dwellers" I have yet to say any of that. You're the only one making these insinuations.
    No no,
    I remember when gamers were upset over gay characters in Mass effect and dragon age.... gay characters written by.... some gay dude.
    Totally not trying to paint gamers as something here Genn, totally not.
    Of course, this is totally on topic in a thread about some organization complaining about not enough diversity in Star Wars, totally related to something something gamers narrative something something

10+ Year Old Account
    No no,

Totally not trying to paint gamers as something here Genn, totally not.
    I stated some gamers were upset over gay characters in Mass effect and Dragon age, which is not false. What am I painting them as? I fail to see how this means I am calling them any harsh names.... I wouldnt want to trigger you.

Deleted
    Probably they will add gay ewoks to episode IX ?

Or Jar Jar Binks and Boo Ga Loo Binks.

I wouldnt want to trigger you.
    Can't help it, when people spew unadulterated bullshit that is completely false in an attempt to earn some cookie points, it triggers me.

You keep avoiding though, it's cute.

Deleted
    It's not like this is difficult to do. Wherever you have a romantic storyline, the guy getting the girl, just swap and make it about a gay couple. Though you can't have two men, because that'd be sexist, so it's got to be a lesbian relationship. And they both should probably be black or minority ethnic, because there are so few opportunities for minority actors. And one of them has to be transgender. It's not that hard to do and that is totally a film that I want to watch. Except I like explosions and shit so fuck it, I'll go watch The Matrix instead, only remastered with a black, transgender lesbian Neo. Fuck yeah 2016!

I agree, every movie ever should have much more topless+ lesbian scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help it, when people spew unadulterated bullshit that is completely false in an attempt to earn some cookie points, it triggers me.

You keep avoiding though, it's cute.
    What cookie points? What avoidance? I told you what I said... you quote what I said... and I said, yes I said this. However I never insulted anyone. I never called anyone a bigot, I never called anyone a basement dweller. That is purely on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    awwww yeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    It's not like this is difficult to do. Wherever you have a romantic storyline, the guy getting the girl, just swap and make it about a gay couple. Though you can't have two men, because that'd be sexist, so it's got to be a lesbian relationship. And they both should probably be black or minority ethnic, because there are so few opportunities for minority actors. And one of them has to be transgender. It's not that hard to do and that is totally a film that I want to watch. Except I like explosions and shit so fuck it, I'll go watch The Matrix instead, only remastered with a black, transgender lesbian Neo. Fuck yeah 2016!
    So beautiful. This is a post that needs to be archived for the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    First, off. "You people". Super classy. But I'll work from there.

YOU PEOPLE act as if tokenism is a good thing and it's fucking appalling. Diversity is good when it comes naturally. Diversity at gunpoint to satisfy complainers is a terrible thing and leads to strife.

Plus, something for you. Unless romance or sexuality is specifically brought up, sexuality is fucking invisible. Finn and Rey do zero of that, so how can you have the audacity to claim "they must be straight!" And shittalk the people who think they might be gay? Gay, straight, bisexual, whatever people all act the same otherwise. Like PEOPLE. So, the only way to clue it in is to either clunkily force it into film if that detail wasn't crucial in some way (as opposed to a series where people talk to each other in between zombie survival moments, so something like sexuality can crop up naturally) or make a spectacle of it to bait easy tickets out of people who feel advanced for watching a movie with a gay person in it.
    ive repeatedly said i dont want token characters but well written minority characters.

im a straight white male, diversity benefits me because i get to see different viewpoints, different characters than i normally would. whether a character is gay or not or a different race can directly influence that character.

t'challa wouldnt be as badarse if he wasnt a king of an african nation, hes like mufasa and batman and dr doom all combined

kamala khan being muslim, a teenage woman and an inhuman allows her to be like todays generations spider-man, youthe questioning where she belongs, it directly affects her character as much as peter being a nerdy bullied kid not knowing where he belonged or whether he was doing good. (peter even says as much) shes got her own tv show in development because she connects with an audience on a deep level and taps into a market thats made up mostly of new comics readers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    So a trandgender woman and a lesbian woman. Considering the technology in Star Wars, wouldn't that look like a man and a woman to viewers?

Han Solo had a sex change as a boy and went all Michael Jackson, problem solved.

George Lucas was ahead of his time.

If they want to capture the Chinese goldmine, they won't put gay characters into mainstream cash cow movies like StarWars or big name Marvel projects.

I doubt very much the gay stuff would pass the Chinese censors, as they have a law about morality.

Considering China is seen as the second largest market after the US, I believe you will be inclined to agree with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know who is really gay
    Didn't ambiguously gay duos die out after the 1970s?

tbh its other genres that need more gay, warcraft, call of duty, horror movies, anime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/427...gay-characters

The annual survey of depictions of LGBT characters in major studio releases has given both Disney Pictures and Paramount Pictures black marks this year due to them not featuring any gay or lesbian characters at all in any of their films last year.

As sci-fi projects have the special opportunity to create unique worlds whose advanced societies can serve as a commentary on our own, the most obvious place where Disney could include LGBT characters is in the upcoming eighth 'Star Wars' film. 2015's 'The Force Awakens' has introduced a new and diverse central trio, which allows the creators opportunity to tell fresh stories as they develop their backstory. Recent official novels in the franchise featured lesbian and gay characters that could also be easily written into the stories.

How does this organization know that some storm troopers aren't homosexual and featured on screen? How do they know the sex of every alien featured? How do they know that there is not a gay alien featured? Would a homosexual alien that looks over the top ridiculous not be acceptable because they would say it is being a caricature? Like jarjar, what if they had made jarjar homosexual? Would they be mad that a ridiculous character was homosexual?

What does sex and/or sexual preference have to do with Star Wars?
    It has nothing to do with it.

Cunts are just trying to enforce quotas on everything to represent minorities that they are a part of, so they feel more included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    only if its counter balanced with all male lock room scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Didn't ambiguously gay duos die out after the 1970s?

tbh its other genres that need more gay, warcraft, call of duty, horror movies, anime.
    But those are all pretty gay. Especially Warcraft....... and anime.....

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF? Why does Star Wars need a gay character? Tokenism is so stupid.
    Putin khuliyo