Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I always wonder how gay people or minorities don't get even more offended when either a movie/show basically throws them a bone and adds a gay/minority character due to pressure. To me, it would feel like a movie studio saying "Hey gays! Guess what! We threw in one of you guys, even if it adds nothing to the story. Now shut up please!".

Star Wars is not a sexually themed franchise, the only difference straight or gay would have made in these movies is if Anakin or now Han or Leia would had been gay...and even if they had been, it wouldn't have made for something more compelling. I don't care whether Fin or whoever is gay or straight or bi, as I don't watch Star Wars movies for the romance, and if you do...well, you're watching the wrong kind of movie for romance/sexual relationships. I feel all humans should be equal and have equal rights...but throwing minority groups a bone just for appeasement surely cannot be viewed as "progress".
    Minority's already have schools just for them(with lower standards of course), movies just for them, t.v shows just for them. If they want more they could...I dunno....make it themselves like they have been. White people HAVE to include minority's but minority's don't have to include white people and even teach classes to hate white people in their safe spaces. They have been given enough hand outs already. We've already lowered our educational standards just so they could go to the same schools. America was #1 in math and science in the 50's and as soon as segregation ended and the minority's couldn't keep up.....we lowered our standards time and time again...and most STILL can't keep up. We've dumbed our educational system down for them and changed icons for them and it STILL isn't good enough. All this bullshit is is white genocide. Kill the culture through playing "the victim card" and my favorite....the "racist" card.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I admit, I had to adjust to that but honestly Finn isn't the first black character to enter Starwars
    @Kapadons: Speaking of Walking Dead. I loved Clementine in The Walking Dead Videogame. I made sure she didn't get endangered.
    I am more concerned that they cast a dogshit actor for Finn, as opposed to him being black.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    South Park kind of made a good point about this topic actually. Once you let one group change something every group is going to demand you change something until the art is destroyed by it.
    YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!! They called that back in the early 2000's if I remember right. If you change ONE thing for one group then you have to change it for all groups because then ALL of them will start making demands. Just like the gays are. Just like the athiests are. Just like the minority's are.

"It is TOO WHITE HERE...you need to DIVERSIFY!!!!" i.e....lower the standards so a minority can get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Minority's already have schools just for them(with lower standards of course), movies just for them, t.v shows just for them. If they want more they could...I dunno....make it themselves like they have been. White people HAVE to include minority's but minority's don't have to include white people and even teach classes to hate white people in their safe spaces. They have been given enough hand outs already. We've already lowered our educational standards just so they could go to the same schools. America was #1 in math and science in the 50's and as soon as segregation ended and the minority's couldn't keep up.....we lowered our standards time and time again...and most STILL can't keep up. We've dumbed our educational system down for them and changed icons for them and it STILL isn't good enough. All this bullshit is is white genocide. Kill the culture through playing "the victim card" and my favorite....the "racist" card.
    okay i think you might be lost. see your looking for stormfront. this ISN'T stormfront.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    are you saying what i think your saying?
    I'm saying that the gays will turn to violence by murder, assault, and vandalism against those who don't blindly support their every whim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that the gays will turn to violence by murder, assault, and vandalism against those who don't blindly support their every whim.
    Uhhhh... ok

okay i think you might be lost. see your looking for stormfront. this ISN'T stormfront.
    No idea what stormfront is. Does me telling you the truth offend you? Going to run to your safe space and lodge a complaint so you feel safe? Because the truth is dangerous for people like you. Even OBAMA had to go on t.v and tell college students to basically stop being pussy's.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do i get the feeling i'm at a kkk rally with your posts?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    heterosexuality is shoved in gay peoples faces every day.
    In spite of their omnipresence in media and arts, gay people still make up a sliver of the human population. In the US I believe its only 3%, meaning aren't gay people already radically and disproportionately over-represented in the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Someone said this in another thread about a similar topic and I thought it summed it up nicely for me -

How sad it must be the minority group X is so emotionally shallow that they cannot possibly identify or like a character that isn't woman, gay,lesbian,black,chinese etc or looks or acts like them.

As a shy , straight, white male, my favorite Walking Dead character is Michonne, a strong willed black woman. My favorite Star Wars character was a green midget that talked backwards.My least favorite was the pussy ass hero. I watched every Ice Cube movie without once going " I can't get into this because the characters don't look like me". I love old kung fu movies.

My point is, is your life so low and you feel so bad about yourself that you can't enjoy a movie or game if someone in it isn't exactly like you?

And as others have said, why does someones sexuality even come into play in a movie like star wars? It's not a romantic film, not a sex film. Not about sexual relationships- other than the Skywalkers (which for at least Ani and Padme had to be included to make the heroes of the "later" films). If there was a gay character I wouldn't mind it, I just don't know how they go about showing that relationship without it feeling forced and contrived. "look at this gay subplot we added just for the sake of inclusion"
    Thank god there are plenty of people that don't need X groups of people in a movie for it to be enjoyable.

Great post.

why do i get the feeling i'm at a kkk rally with your posts?
    lol typical. I tell you exactly how the world is working right now and you call ME the racist. lol Typical left wing nut job.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what stormfront is. Does me telling you the truth offend you? Going to run to your safe space and lodge a complaint so you feel safe? Because the truth is dangerous for people like you. Even OBAMA had to go on t.v and tell college students to basically stop being pussy's.
    sure you don't....spewing crap about how gay's are gonna kill everyone and complaining about minorities like they are something awful yet strangely never heard of stormfront....

- - - Updated - - -

lol typical. I tell you exactly how the world is working right now and you call ME the racist. lol Typical left wing nut job.
    if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck and eats like a duck then guess what it is?

the difference is that almost every movie already has white people and straight people in it because white straight male is the norm for hollywood.

putting a white guy in a black role takes away one of the few roles black actors can have. im a white male actor, it is much much much easier for me to find jobs than it is for my minority friends.

there is an overabundance of actors for any and every role you can ever conceive, theres absolutely no reason why there shouldnt be more minority characters in media the people in charge just arent hiring them.

you people act as if diversity is a bad thing, or that there has to be a choice between diversity or quality when there is absolutely no possible reason why we cant have both.

- - - Updated - - -

heterosexuality is shoved in gay peoples faces every day.
    Because the world is straight. You already have a gay/lesbian section in movies to represent your tastes. Men and women were meant to be together so the species could move on. Don't like it? Tough.

- - - Updated - - -

sure you don't....spewing crap about how gay's are gonna kill everyone and complaining about minorities like they are something awful yet strangely never heard of stormfront....

- - - Updated - - -

if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck and eats like a duck then guess what it is?
    An ignorant liberal who hates himself and is afraid of the truth? Yup. That's you in a nutshell my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the world is straight. You already have a gay/lesbian section in movies to represent your tastes. Men and women were meant to be together so the species could move on. Don't like it? Tough.

- - - Updated - - -

An ignorant liberal who hates himself and is afraid of the truth? Yup.
    it's okay xires eventually one day you will come to terms with your racism and bigotry and you can drop this absurd charade.

- - - Updated - - -

You've heard of stormfront and I haven't. Why? Because you hate white people. I haven't heard of it because I'm not racist and it isn't racist to tell you exactly how it is. It is ignorant of you to dismiss it because it doesn't align with your version of how the world should be. Which to a liberal the only good white man is a dead white man.

- - - Updated - - -

it's okay xires eventually one day you will come to terms with your racism and bigotry and you can drop this absurd charade.
    See? Ignore everything I say and cry racism. Typical liberal nut job. Run to your safe space now....I think blood is leaking down your leg from your vag.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-05-03 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've heard of stormfront and I haven't. Why? Because you hate white people. I haven't heard of it because I'm not racist and it isn't racist to tell you exactly how it is. It is ignorant of you to dismiss it because it doesn't align with your version of how the world should be. Which to a liberal the only good white man is a dead white man.

- - - Updated - - -

See? Ignore everything I say and cry racism. Typical liberal nut job. Run to your safe space now....I think blood is leaking down your leg from your vag.
    as queen of the sin'dorei i work very hard on that.otherwise i wouldn't be a blood elf.

lol this thread went downhill fast.

but it doesn't matter, disney has already said they have plans to introduce lgbt characters and more minorities into star wars and marvel movies.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

you know why minorities have schools/movies etc just for them? Because nearly everything else is made for straight white society(in the states at least). Turn on any regular show on ABC,NBC,CBS, Fox and tell me what a majority of the characters are? Straight white people. People in this very thread have said " if minorities don't like all shows being white, go make their own!" Someone did, called BET, and now people of your ilk complain that there isn't a WET or that they only cast blacks on the shows. People need to make up their minds.

I'm all against political correctness, affirmative action and inclusion in media, but to pretend that 95% of country doesn't cater to whites is lunacy.

lol this thread went downhill fast.

but it doesn't matter, disney has already said they have plans to introduce lgbt characters and more minorities into star wars and marvel movies.
    Ticket sales for sucker soar as sensible people roll their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Nope, my comment initially was someone saying "gay people should write their own characters" and I showed an example of when they did and how people negatively reacted. Also when do I say any of the things you are insulating? projection much?
    You very clearly said:

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when gamers were upset over gay characters in Mass effect and dragon age.... gay characters written by.... some gay dude.
    in which you point the finger at gamers. Exactly what Xekus said.