Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    "No problem, enjoy the newly pissed off portion of your playerbase in addition to the private-servers that will pop up in our wake"
    "Meh. We're making money hand over fist even with having pissed off players. We can deal with that. Isn't hurting our bottom line at all."
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    "Meh. We're making money hand over fist even with having pissed off players. We can deal with that. Isn't hurting our bottom line at all."
    That's what you think.

Death to nostarius!! there will never be vanilla server! Let the past stay in the past. Wod > vanilla easy choice

"Hi, thanks for coming. We're very interested in this cheat-detection system you've put together, and would like to talk to you about it, and about the possibility of purchasing it from you for use on our live and new pristine realms. By the way, thank you for shutting down your server in compliance with the C&D. We have no plans to introduce legacy realms, but we are quite interested in your cheat-detection system."

That should about sum it up.
    Except that anybody with even a basic understanding of how this shit works would know that Nosts proprietary cheat system would be pretty much useless to blizzarrd, since A: it is designed to detect cheats active on an emulated version of a 10 year old codebase, and B: it has very negligable chance of somehow being able to catch any cheats that Warden doesnt already pick up.....

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkudo View Post
    Death to nostarius!! there will never be vanilla server! Let the past stay in the past. Wod > vanilla easy choice
    I don't know about the whole death to Nostalgius thing, but the rest of that is pretty spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except that anybody with even a basic understanding of how this shit works would know that Nosts proprietary cheat system would be pretty much useless to blizzarrd, since A: it is designed to detect cheats active on an emulated version of a 10 year old codebase, and B: it has very negligable chance of somehow being able to catch any cheats that Warden doesnt already pick up.....
    Well, it's either that, or they want to get their opinions on pristine servers, or it's a complete PR move. It won't be about making legacy servers during WoW's active development cycle because Blizzard isn't that stupid.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is either super gullible or way too optimistic for their own good.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

yeah xD and they aren't doing it bc their twitter, facebook and the official forums are being spammed 24/7 plus their game is dying at a pace so fast they had to stop showing graphs or everyone looking at them would've fallen of their chairs lmao

but keep on dreaming babe

hopefully Blizzard will start focusing on this prestine realms after legion. we will then see what this private community have been crying about give it a half year and they'll be crawling back to legion..

It is hurting their bottom line but sure if it suits your ridiculous bias then sure you can believe having you monthly revenue halve within 12 months doesn't impact a bottom line unless you've cut your capital expenditure by the same amount.

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully Blizzard will start focusing on this prestine realms after legion. we will then see what this private community have been crying about give it a half year and they'll be crawling back to legion..
    Then only people I've heard interested in pristine servers are existing players. it would be cannibalizing central!

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    It is hurting their bottom line but sure if it suits your ridiculous bias then sure you can believe having you monthly revenue halve within 12 months doesn't impact a bottom line unless you've cut your capital expenditure by the same amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Then only people I've heard interested in pristine servers are existing players. it would be cannibalizing central!

And taking wow back 12 yrs in time would'nt? people would cry all day about nerfing everything if the original game was released again. The wow to day is very casual friendly and social unlike the classic wow where you could spend hrs after hrs in a single alterac valley or a raid like molten core

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're using presumptive bias to support an idea that has no basis in reality. The reality is that the gaming environment in 2016 is much different than it was in 2004. The reality is that much of what people find "enjoyable" about Vanilla WoW are vestiges of EverQuest, vestiges that WoW has spent 5 expansions trying to eliminate. The reality is that the gaming climate in 2016 supports instant gratification, not boring grindfests. MMOs are no longer the shining beacon of entertainment they were when WoW was in its heyday.

I don't think they're scared of Legacy being more popular. I think they're scared of the exact opposite. While Legacy realms would undoubtedly increase short term interest in WoW, what purpose do they serve if 95% of the people who play it simply log in, realize they prefer newer versions of WoW then never use it again? And what purpose does Blizzard have to spend the resources developing these realms right now when they could simply do what they're already trying to do with Legion and fix the problems with the current game? The small percentage of players who want Legacy realms will be happy while everybody else will be wondering why the fuck they exist in the first place.
    You must wake up every day and look at yourself in the mirror and say, "Everyone is like me and everyone like what I like." Sorry but did you ever stop to look at the god awful subscription numbers? There are more veteran WoW players who hate the way WoW is today then actual current players. There are more Veterans that could come back for Legacy servers then Legion could ever hope to attract.

Dude, healing and tanking in the Alpha right now is so bad that after a few weeks I expect Blizzard to set another subscription drop record. One will will not know of since they no longer will report that number but it is bound to happen.

Basically, a Legacy server has more to offer a player then Legion does. Even after a decade Blizzard has failed to get it right. They are pushing out crap and you want to tell me people want instant gratification. Your not going to get it in Legion. You are going to get the gift of boredom. You are going to wish you could find something interesting to do. It just isn't possible in an area so small with World Quests having you do the same things in the same zones you just leveled threw in under 10 hours.

WoW is an MMORPG and I think Blizzard forgot what that means. I think you did as well. There is too much effort on what a player can do on their own when this is supposed to be about interacting with other people. Lets not also forget that effort and reward are great things but not as great as really feeling like you earned something. That feeling died once Cataclysm was dropped on us.

I could go on and on but why bother. I am just going to tell all of you that Legion is already another horrible expansion and what can they really add to it when it is such a small area. Nothing! So don't expect much in the way of content patches unless more islands magically appear or we end up with some underwater adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

And taking wow back 12 yrs in time would'nt? people would cry all day about nerfing everything if the original game was released again. The wow to day is very casual friendly and social unlike the classic wow where you could spend hrs after hrs in a single alterac valley or a raid like molten core
    The WoW of today isn't anything like that. It is so ant-social -anti-community it makes me sick. It is also so casual friendly with all of it's quality of life features it makes me want to scream. Turning back the clock 12 years is the best thing Blizzard could do right now. They have far more veteran players to draw back then new players to gain.

I think people that think there's no demand for legacy realms or that think the current game is superior don't ever see the comments of non-WoW or former-WoW playing people about WoW on social media sites.
    Such as http://9gag.com/gag/aKqXK0Q?ref=fsidebar

And? People enjoyed every minute of it? You know you're supposed to play games not beat them, right?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-05-03 at 01:43 AM.

"Hi, thanks for coming. We're very interested in this cheat-detection system you've put together, and would like to talk to you about it, and about the possibility of purchasing it from you for use on our live and new pristine realms. By the way, thank you for shutting down your server in compliance with the C&D. We have no plans to introduce legacy realms, but we are quite interested in your cheat-detection system."

That should about sum it up.
    Forgot to put "we look forward to seeing this in action on our Legacy servers."

"No problem, enjoy the newly pissed off portion of your playerbase in addition to the private-servers that will pop up in our wake"
    Oh noes not the pissed off portion of the playerbase that isn't even playing current WoW because they are too busy bitching about how much they hate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    yeah xD and they aren't doing it bc their twitter, facebook and the official forums are being spammed 24/7 plus their game is dying at a pace so fast they had to stop showing graphs or everyone looking at them would've fallen of their chairs lmao

but keep on dreaming babe
    Yeah the extra 5 bucks per month they make thanks to people buying the token totally isn't just free money that helps offset sub losses. Oh and there is that other thing that they are more than just WoW now and they make money in plenty of other ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Dude, healing and tanking in the Alpha right now is so bad that after a few weeks I expect Blizzard to set another subscription drop record. One will will not know of since they no longer will report that number but it is bound to happen.
    Dude, are you even IN Alpha to be spouting off BS like this? Safe money is on no.

- - - Updated - - -

And? People enjoyed every minute of it? You know you're supposed to play games not beat them, right?
    Oh SUUUUURE they did, only lost 82% of Nost's playerbase in a year on a FREE to play game supposedly in Blizz's BEST era of gaming.

Every minute.. were not talking minutes here, minimum playtime to actually be able to do something back in the days was atleast 2-3 hrs ( doing a dungeon,gathering peeps, travelling to dungeon etc) , people had to spend several hrs daily gathering consumables ready for raiding. which you would use to maximize the whole raid utility, especially in naxxramas (The destroyer of guilds)
    farming grinding whatever is not fun when u don't have time for it.

sry for bad grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh noes not the pissed off portion of the playerbase that isn't even playing current WoW because they are too busy bitching about how much they hate it.
    Are you speaking on behalf of Blizzard here based on how YOU feel about his topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Are you speaking on behalf of Blizzard here based on how YOU feel about his topic?
    *eyeroll* Gee is any person in this thread speaking for Blizz? Of fucking course not. Don't make up BS like that and try to spin it in such silly directions. This thread is all just opinion from every side. Don't like my opinion? Too fucking bad.

*eyeroll* Gee is any person in this thread speaking for Blizz? Of fucking course not. Don't make up BS like that and try to spin it in such silly directions. This thread is all just opinion from every side. Don't like my opinion? Too fucking bad.
    You're welcome to post your opinion but that won't stop me from facepalming and mocking it.

You're welcome to post your opinion but that won't stop me from facepalming and mocking it.
    *pats you on the head* It's okay, people have been facepalming and mocking most of your posts. Does not bother me though, I have my WoW servers

*pats you on the head* It's okay, people have been facepalming and mocking most of your posts. Does not bother me though, I have my WoW servers
    Difference is that I know what I'm talking about and the only reason to facepalm most of what I say is if you don't know what you're talking about.

Well if don't want to be patronized stop acting like a petulant child, you're literally babbling about nothing with all your "oh no blizzard is gunna cry" crap, seriously, you sound like a 12 year old.