Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lol this thread went downhill fast.

but it doesn't matter, disney has already said they have plans to introduce lgbt characters and more minorities into star wars and marvel movies.
    Please let them at least cast someone with acting skills. I know SW has typically had garbage ass actors, but in this day and age to cast someone as bad as John Boyega as a major character is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    you know why minorities have schools/movies etc just for them? Because nearly everything else is made for straight white society(in the states at least). Turn on any regular show on ABC,NBC,CBS, Fox and tell me what a majority of the characters are? Straight white people. People in this very thread have said " if minorities don't like all shows being white, go make their own!" Someone did, called BET, and now people of your ilk complain that there isn't a WET or that they only cast blacks on the shows. People need to make up their minds.

I'm all against political correctness, affirmative action and inclusion in media, but to pretend that 95% of country doesn't cater to whites is lunacy.
    Oh...you mean we have a majority of whites on t.v....in a white majority country? That is just......normal. Go to the African continent and show me how many whites are on t.v or in the government. Same in the middle east or Asia. Basically no whites....so why do whites HAVE to be the minority in their own lands? Blacks make up 13% of the population but with the demands they make you'd think they made up 80%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Thank god there are plenty of people that don't need X groups of people in a movie for it to be enjoyable.

Great post.
    Bit of luck with Star Wars, as pretty much only white British males would like it otherwise.

We were somewhat overrepresented - virtually all the Imperial side, Obi-Wan and most of the Rebels, C-3PO & R2-D2, etc., there were some token Americans in it just to keep the Yanks happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Oh...you mean we have a majority of whites on t.v....in a white majority country? That is just......normal. Go to the African continent and show me how many whites are on t.v or in the government. Same in the middle east or Asia. Basically no whites....so why do whites HAVE to be the minority in their own lands? Blacks make up 13% of the population but with the demands they make you'd think they made up 80%.
    south africa says hi. remember nelson mandela. yeah that's what i thought.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Bit of luck with Star Wars, as pretty much only white British males would like it otherwise.

We were somewhat overrepresented - virtually all the Imperial side, Obi-Wan and most of the Rebels, C-3PO & R2-D2, etc., there were some token Americans in it just to keep the Yanks happy.
    Well, it is pretty known that British actors are better than American ones. generally speaking of course

- - - Updated - - -

Who is saying that whites HAVE to be the minority on TV? As far as I have seen people have only been asking for more of their X group they claim to represent

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

I blame it on writers thinking people in empires must speak like Brits.

yes, show me that booming asian film location that also has a large number of non asian actors to fill said roles.

unlike say, atlanta, where theres a fuckton of minority actors yet still almost all of them cant find work.

6% of the us population, is more than everyone youve ever met combined.

have you ever seen casting calls? thousands of people of all race religion and culture for any part you could imagine.

there is no shortage of minority actors, and many of my minority friends are just as good if not better than i am but just because im white i get jobs easier than they do.

- - - Updated - - -

I blame it on writers thinking people in empires must speak like Brits.
    no, its because were better actors than you are.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    We of gay want more gay...

aaaalrighty then

yes, show me that booming asian film location that also has a large number of non asian actors to fill said roles.

unlike say, atlanta, where theres a fuckton of minority actors yet still almost all of them cant find work.

have you ever seen casting calls? thousands of people of all race religion and culture for any part you could imagine.

there is no shortage of minority actors, and many of my minority friends are just as good if not better than i am but just because im white i get jobs easier than they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone's salty I'm not worshipping Disney for tokenism.

Well, even if we tried to line em up we would lose like 5 spots just for Daniel Day.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

anecdotal evidence that can't be proven or disproven and can't be measured. so we just have to take your word that they are better than you and you aren't just engaging in self loathing?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Well, it is pretty known that British actors are better than American ones. generally speaking of course
    It also helps that they are generally cheaper and a lot of the films were filmed in England, near to where I used to live incidentally.

Someone's salty I'm not worshipping Disney for tokenism.
    no, were simply better. british acting pays less and is less funded by ads so quality is more important so most of us are theater trained not randos off the street

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    anecdotal evidence that can't be proven or disproven and can't be measured. so we just have to take your word that they are better than you and you aren't just engaging in self loathing?
    self loathing? nobody loves meself more than i do m8 id fuck mysef in a heartbeat
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    no, were simply better. british acting pays less and is less funded by ads so quality is more important so most of us are theater trained not randos off the street
    Sadly some of them have West Country accents and get dubbed over.

Darth Vader saying "Hello, moy luvvers" was apparently not menacing enough.

- - - Updated - - -

self loathing? nobody loves meself more than i do m8 id fuck mysef in a heartbeat
    Welp, your ego sure explains why you think tokenism is good.

Welp, your ego sure explains why you think tokenism is good.
    ive never once said that. all you do is strawman

I can't begrudge people wanting to see people they can identify with in movies.

But at the same time I'd rather just learn after the fact that in ways that utterly don't relate to anything in the movies that someone was gay. Like say Obi-wan. You never saw him get it on with the ladies (in the movies anyhow) cause he had a thing for the dudes, but at no point was he a flamer or dropped any tells.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I can't begrudge people wanting to see people they can identify with in movies.

But at the same time I'd rather just learn after the fact that in ways that utterly don't relate to anything in the movies that someone was gay. Like say Obi-wan. You never saw him get it on with the ladies (in the movies anyhow) cause he had a thing for the dudes, but at no point was he a flamer or dropped any tells.
    I'd believe Ewan McGregor was gay in that role if you told me. Something about how his robe looks like a dress.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to cater to a mental deficiency.

Infracted
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-05-03 at 02:10 AM.

ive never once said that. all you do is strawman
    Except the part where you jockride Disney for announcing a token gay character.