Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Difference is that I know what I'm talking about and the only reason to facepalm most of what I say is if you don't know what you're talking about.
    Oh sure you know what you are talking about. Never wrong, always there to correct the stray sheep who don't listen to the infallible word of Brandon138.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Well if don't want to be patronized stop acting like a petulant child, you're literally babbling about nothing with all your "oh no blizzard is gunna cry" crap, seriously, you sound like a 12 year old.
    Do you have a point to your post? Sure does not seem that way. Do not waste my time by quoting me if you are going to post such mindless drivel. The only thing you are setting out to do is attack me because you don't like what I said. Tough shit. I think Blizz will be fine if those 'legacy server' fans never come back to the game. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You're welcome to post your opinion but that won't stop me from facepalming and mocking it.
    Your the one who linked some 9fag shit a few posts back and referred to it as a social media site....

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Your the one who linked some 9fag shit a few posts back and referred to it as a social media site....
    It is in the realm of social media sites.

This is what I mean when I talk about people having no abstract thought. Could you really not understand what I was saying or are you relying on semantics to make a point for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

Do you have a point to your post? Sure does not seem that way. Do not waste my time by quoting me if you are going to post such mindless drivel. The only thing you are setting out to do is attack me because you don't like what I said. Tough shit. I think Blizz will be fine if those 'legacy server' fans never come back to the game. Get over yourself.
    Yea, I was kinda hoping you'd re-examine your childish attitude. You're rant seem full of miss-directed teen angst, unless you're drunk? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Yea, I was kinda hoping you'd re-examine your childish attitude. You're rant seem full of miss-directed teen angst, unless you're drunk? I dunno.
    Do you mind just not quoting me and find someone else to bother? You are just wasting my time at this point. If you want to discuss something about Nost or Legacy servers feel free. But pointless attacks at me are a waste to everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkudo View Post
    And taking wow back 12 yrs in time would'nt? people would cry all day about nerfing everything if the original game was released again. The wow to day is very casual friendly and social unlike the classic wow where you could spend hrs after hrs in a single alterac valley or a raid like molten core
    People winger about the current game. People winge about every game. At least with vanilla you'll have people playing your game. And they can start with a mandate to focus on the more dedicated long term invested player with vanilla while continuing to pander to the casual player base of retail wow

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    And they can start with a mandate to focus on the more dedicated long term invested player with vanilla while continuing to pander to the casual player base of retail wow
    What just because it takes longer to level in Vanilla that means those players are graduated from casual to super hardcore and important? So Nost had 0 casual people who took months to level?

And fun fact, CM dungeons, heroic/mythic raiding are far more challenging than the stuff Vanilla would provide. Stop acting like current WoW is just casual only and the skilled people all left.

People winger about the current game. People winge about every game. At least with vanilla you'll have people playing your game. And they can start with a mandate to focus on the more dedicated long term invested player with vanilla while continuing to pander to the casual player base of retail wow
    So what happens after you complete the game?(reliving the whole game once more;classic-tbc-wotlk-cata and so on) surely all those old raids are not as challenging as they once was, everybody can now just lookup youtube for tacs n shit.

So what happens after you complete the game?(reliving the whole game once more;classic-tbc-wotlk-cata and so on) surely all those old raids are not as challenging as they once was, everybody can now just lookup youtube for tacs n shit.
    But don't you know? The levelling experience is supposed to keep people busy and then the artifical gating of resist gear farming and Ony scales and so on. The raids themselves will be destroyed in no time flat. And then there is no more content, fun times.

What just because it takes longer to level in Vanilla that means those players are graduated from casual to super hardcore and important? So Nost had 0 casual people who took months to level?

And fun fact, CM dungeons, heroic/mythic raiding are far more challenging than the stuff Vanilla would provide. Stop acting like current WoW is just casual only and the skilled people all left.

The Truth bro!

indeed Wow nowdays are way more complicated stratigic and tactics then before

- - - Updated - - -

But don't you know? The levelling experience is supposed to keep people busy and then the artifical gating of resist gear farming and Ony scales and so on. The raids themselves will be destroyed in no time flat. And then there is no more content, fun times.
    Then there is no more content? Once upon a time in azeroth i returned back to legion. seems pretty obvious its bad business for blizzard to invest millions in something that wont be played long therm, Unlike what the developers are actually planning for us, all this Great lore @ artifacts n demonhunts. #Legionhype

It's like the progression to max level is meant to be an experience and the way there is a teaching tool for players. Obviously this isn't fully true because people tend to be just as bad as when they were level 10 -- but that's besides the point. Leveling, coupled with dungeon seeking and progression into raiding tiers takes awhile. The reason why content lasted so long and why people stayed subscribed was because they had progression ahead of them.

And honestly if it was current patch (the latest one for each expansion / base game) for legacy servers almost no one would farm the required resists. You'd do too much damage and heal way too well for most non-tanks to even care about it.

Go legacy go!

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's like the progression to max level is meant to be an experience and the way there is a teaching tool for players. Obviously this isn't fully true because people tend to be just as bad as when they were level 10 -- but that's besides the point. Leveling, coupled with dungeon seeking and progression into raiding tiers takes awhile. The reason why content lasted so long and why people stayed subscribed was because they had progression ahead of them.

And honestly if it was current patch (the latest one for each expansion / base game) for legacy servers almost no one would farm the required resists. You'd do too much damage and heal way too well for most non-tanks to even care about it.
    So it isn't a true Vanilla experience if you just can bypass the resist gear mechanics?

The internet did exist back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    The internet did exist back then.
    Sarcasm much? You make it sound like all of the information was available instantly to do everything from levelling to dungeons to raiding. Yeah.....it really wasn't in Vanilla and TBC. Plenty of info was hard to find and came out WELL after the fact. NOTHING is a surprise in Vanilla anymore and the best known paths to do damn near everything are well known. What is also known by that is the glaringly awful class balancing issues and lack of challenging gameplay.

If you put Vanilla out today you think it would pose the same type of challenge it did when it was live? Puhlease.

Same thing you do now. Release an expansion. Run vanilla for 18months then open up server transfers to tbc. And so on. People keep playing vanilla as new players join or old players return for another replay. You could also run a seasonal model. Transfer achievements into the vanilla game and have exclusive perks for leveling to 60, completing pve or Pvp content and at the end of a season (again probably 18-24 months) make the server non-seasonal and open a new seasonal server.

Knock it if you want, it would be new! But based on Diablo 2 still having a player base after all these seasons there is some merit that it could work well albeit no actual precedent for it.

Same thing you do now. Release an expansion. Run vanilla for 18months then open up server transfers to tbc. And so on. People keep playing vanilla as new players join or old players return for another replay. You could also run a seasonal model. Transfer achievements into the vanilla game and have exclusive perks for leveling to 60, completing pve or Pvp content and at the end of a season (again probably 18-24 months) make the server non-seasonal and open a new seasonal server.

Knock it if you want, it would be new! But based on Diablo 2 still having a player base after all these seasons there is some merit that it could work well albeit no actual precedent for it.
    You think Vanilla would last 18 months? People would be demanding the next raids to be released in no time at all. Vanilla lasting 18 months, hahaha that is a good one. It isn't like it is new and fresh content to keep people busy, all strats are known, mods are better than ever compared to the pathetic mechanics Vanilla has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    "Hi, thanks for coming. We're very interested in this cheat-detection system you've put together, and would like to talk to you about it, and about the possibility of purchasing it from you for use on our live and new pristine realms. By the way, thank you for shutting down your server in compliance with the C&D. We have no plans to introduce legacy realms, but we are quite interested in your cheat-detection system."

That should about sum it up.
    This - and they'll get some free swag like t-shirts and stuff. I called it already - they are softening the blow by discussing it on their website - a deal is being made, to keep from being sued, much like the deal they made with the contractor for the bot software company.

Never said there were no casuals, just said that the game is built around a player base. Not exclusive but design intent.
    It's not casual only but it's casual focused. Heroic raiding is mythic level for casuals. CMs and Mythic is the only challenging stuff and is harder than vanilla content.

Doesn't take as long though. Casual v dedicated talks about the amount of hours it takes to compete content. When I get level 300 fishing I want it to feel like an achievement. Current Content doesn't really provide that outside mythic or cm

Sarcasm much? You make it sound like all of the information was available instantly to do everything from levelling to dungeons to raiding. Yeah.....it really wasn't in Vanilla and TBC. Plenty of info was hard to find and came out WELL after the fact. NOTHING is a surprise in Vanilla anymore and the best known paths to do damn near everything are well known. What is also known by that is the glaringly awful class balancing issues and lack of challenging gameplay.

If you put Vanilla out today you think it would pose the same type of challenge it did when it was live? Puhlease.
    Hopefully this random server will just be one of countless that will go down(twinstar community next), many of this guys are just sad cuz they lost their f2p characters. Sadstory bruhs everybody knows Blizzards answer to classic wow.

--SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-03 at 03:06 AM.