Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not a Cruz fan in the least but I definitely respect the guy for how he handled this situation. That being said, Cruz is not a dummy, in this type of debate it's like Mike Tyson fighting a guy with one hand tied behind his back. No way this dude stood a chance lol.
    Cruz was a debate winner at Harvard, it doesn't mean that if he wins the debate he is right. People also have gut instincts, we are usually guided by those especially when we don't understand all the behind scenes stuff. Politicians are all liars, they lie, they put on a debate show, and cash their fat checks. I think cruz has been establishment all along, he was just their plan z guy. They probably told him to be the rebel, that was his job, if we need you in the future we will call.

I would like to see cruz as a replacement for scalia though, cruz on paper is strong conservative. The problem I see is that the more cruz does his masters bidding and stays in, the less likely trump will nominate him as a supreme court justice. Bringing carly Fiorina onto his team is an absolute unveiling, she is probably the sleaziest politician wannabe of them all.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-03 at 06:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember watching this live on MSNBC(think it was that one) and just giggled as the guy was attacking Cruz. Then I started feeling sad that the guy really felt like he was in the right.

Its okay to disagree with someone, but you should always try and be respectful of someone else. Yeah if I was Cruz(lol) then I would have just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Remember watching this live on MSNBC(think it was that one) and just giggled as the guy was attacking Cruz. Then I started feeling sad that the guy really felt like he was in the right.

Its okay to disagree with someone, but you should always try and be respectful of someone else. Yeah if I was Cruz(lol) then I would have just walked away.
    That guy was with all his buddies, hes going home and partying tonight. Hes a hometown winner, that's what America is all about. That is what a peaceful protest looks like and I think it was a very good example of how to protest.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    His number 1 reason for voting for Trump is the wall? That's just sad. Trump is a genius, he successfully scapegoated illegal immigration to be the #1 issue to low information voters.
    Scapegoat a minority group of people ... where have I seen such a tactic before ... >.>
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    My god is this really how Trump supporters are? Are they so ignorant about their own presidential candidate? Do they just put earplugs int their ears and scream lalalala in order to not hear criticism of their views.

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously hope Trump is lying about the wall, because its the most stupid decision that would be done in the US. As for the rest I applaude Cruz for confronting their opposite views supporter rather than telling them to punch them in the face

I cant wait for the wall to be built and Mexico pay for it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's way up there with this:
    Well, my respect of McCain went up a little.

Given that this woman has a say in who becomes the leader of the executive branch of the US government ... so has my fear for the future of the free world.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Scapegoat a minority group of people ... where have I seen such a tactic before ... >.>
    People are flooding our border, how is that fair to our citizens that live in border states?. Must be nice to live in an area not being overran by illegals. I can tell you that everyday in front of any home depot in the bay areas of California, there are at least 5-10 illegals sitting there all day looking for a contractor to pick them up. If you go into Oakland or Richmond there are like 20-25 that will bum rush anyone who accidentally pulls over where they are lingering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Cruz was a debate winner at Harvard, it doesn't mean that if he wins the debate he is right. People also have gut instincts, we are usually guided by those especially when we don't understand all the behind scenes stuff. Politicians are all liars, they lie, they put on a debate show, and cash their fat checks. I think cruz has been establishment all along, he was just their plan z guy. They probably told him to be the rebel, that was his job, if we need you in the future we will call.

I would like to see cruz as a replacement for scalia though, cruz on paper is strong conservative. The problem I see is that the more cruz does his masters bidding and stays in, the less likely trump will nominate him as a supreme court justice. Bringing carly Fiorina onto his team is an absolute unveiling, she is probably the sleaziest politician wannabe of them all.
    Can't say I disagree, and it does seem that Cruz and Kasich are up to a high level of fuckery when it's clear that Donald Trump is the people's choice in this election (Kasich is even worse here lol, mother fucker only won 1 state). Even if Trump doesn't hit that magic delegate number I just can't see Cruz getting the nomination here, it seems incredibly obvious, no clue why these dudes have not dropped out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are flooding our border, how is that fair to our citizens that live in border states?. Must be nice to live in an area not being overran by illegals. I can tell you that everyday in front of any home depot in the bay areas of California, there are at least 5-10 illegals sitting there all day looking for a contractor to pick them up. If you go into Oakland or Richmond there are like 20-25 that will bum rush anyone who accidentally pulls over where they are lingering.
    A wall is a waste of money though.

Maybe it's time to start heavily fining people who hire illegals - like revoking their license to operate level of heavy. No fire, no smoke.

A wall is a waste of money though.

Maybe it's time to start heavily fining people who hire illegals - like revoking their license to operate level of heavy. No fire, no smoke.
    We want a wall, waste of money or not. Foreign aid is also a waste of money, yet even kenya get billions of dollars per year, we want a fucking wall. We are Americans and we want a wall, how hard is that to understand?, we are being slowly invaded by masses of illegal aliens.

We want a wall, waste of money or not. Foreign aid is also a waste of money, yet even kenya get billions of dollars per year, we want a fucking wall. We are Americans and we want a wall, how hard is that to understand?, we are being slowly invaded by masses of illegal aliens.
    Why would you want a wall if it's a waste of money? That makes no sense.

We're not being invaded. Illegal immigration is not this massive all encompassing issue Trump wants you to believe it is. It's a scapegoat to distract you from more important issues.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What?! What do you want a wall for?

The wall is a waste of money because it won't stop illegal immigrants. It's nothing that a ladder, rope and a few wood platforms won't get around.

You want to stop illegal immigrants? Get to the root of the issue. They are in the US for money. Remove the possibility of them getting money, you remove their motivation for coming to the US illegally.

The wall is a waste of money because it won't stop illegal immigrants. It's nothing that a ladder, rope and a few wood platforms won't get around.

You want to stop illegal immigrants? Get to the root of the issue. They are in the US for money. Remove the possibility of them getting money, you remove their motivation for coming to the US illegally.
    You must think the wall is only going to be about 10ft high, no this is going to be a real wall at least 40ft high. This is a wall that for thousands of years people will look back and think "WOW, how did they build that giant barrier of prosperity?". Then the scholars will say "Trump, built that wall to keep out the hordes of barbarians storming the border of Ultra America". They will say for thousands of years "Trump was a genius, he built this great wall and saved his people from the invasion"
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-03 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Well that will be the Tuesday before NEVER so, you will be waiting for fucking ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    China has got a wall. Wall envy.

People are not flooding our border. The net immigration is basically even or negative.

You must think the wall is only going to be about 10ft high, no this is going to be a real wall at least 40ft high. This is a wall that for thousands of years people will look back and think "WOW, how did they build that giant barrier of prosperity?". Then the scholars will say "Trump, built that wall to keep out the hordes of barbarians storming the border of Ultra America". They will say for thousands of years "Trump was a genius, he built this great wall and saved his people from the invasion"
    Will it be like the Great Wall of China where the mongols just went around it and raided China anyway for hundreds of years?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why would you want a wall if it's a waste of money? That makes no sense.

We're not being invaded. Illegal immigration is not this massive all encompassing issue Trump wants you to believe it is. It's a scapegoat to distract you from more important issues.
    The fiscal conservative movement doesn't exist. So their entire premise is pretty much not there. Their only redeeming factor, and they don't even use it anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must think the wall is only going to be about 10ft high, no this is going to be a real wall at least 40ft high. This is a wall that for thousands of years people will look back and think "WOW, how did they build that giant barrier of prosperity?".
    OK, now you are trolling or being sarcastic. (I can't really tell on the internet).

The higher the wall, the more it will cost to build, the more it will cost to maintain.

Given that you guys don't even seem to be maintaining your shit like bridges ...

Who the fuck is going to pay for all that? LOL

Also have you seen construction work? It's not difficult to create scalable platforms using just steel tubing and wood. Also rope.