Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Hahaha, how cute, you think that 10% of the userbase would do that. It's something around 0.01%, if even that, that leveled up a ton of characters and maxed out garrison.
    Eh both of those statistics are wrong. We'll never know how many people did this. WoD has literally nothing to do so maybe that's what a lot of people focused on, or they just left without doing it. I only have 1 level 100 with a serious maxed out gold grabbing garrison, and another with just a level 3 garrison.

I can't see many people doing the "50k a day" thing though, that's a lot of level 100s with maxed out garrisons, not even going to get into the "100k a day" thing. I wouldn't be able to even look at wow if I did that, it would push me far beyond the boundary of burnt out.

Hahaha, how cute, you think that 10% of the userbase would do that. It's something around 0.01%, if even that, that leveled up a ton of characters and maxed out garrison.
    Well, unlike you, I'm not going to pretend like I have any clue how many people have/are exploiting the Garrison... that is why I phrased it as an if statement. The number is largely unimportant anyway since the point is that a shit ton of gold will enter the economy over the next few months and if Blizzard wants to do something about the flow of gold, thats a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Can we come up with a method that doesn't penalize hybrids in particular for trying to do their jobs -_-
    Well, admittedly they've always been punished. Especially prior to WoD having to use a 2nd set of tier gear. Even in WoD many classes had to use different weapons and trinkets. Only ones really being punished are pures, and even then it's not that big of a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Hell, I'd bet all the gold I currently have (20k, maybe?) that it's less than 0.001% who have more than three fully treasure hunter stocked garrisons. Months of no lifeing that expansion and I could never bring myself to complete the tedious effort of even getting two going and my first one isn't even "fully stocked."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Was thinking, where you fight Gul'dan is called Betrayer's Rise. I wonder if that's where Illidan's body is? And maybe he shows up on mythic difficulty? (Reason for that, is because he's not listed in the dungeon journal so you likely can rule him out for every difficulty bar mythic.)
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Was thinking, where you fight Gul'dan is called Betrayer's Rise. I wonder if that's where Illidan's body is? And maybe he shows up on mythic difficulty? (Reason for that, is because he's not listed in the dungeon journal so you likely can rule him out for every difficulty bar mythic.)
    There was a lot of backlash for having mythic exclusive lore in WoD and which version was canon I'm not entirely sure Blizzard will go that route again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    There was a lot of backlash for having mythic exclusive lore in WoD and which version was canon I'm not entirely sure Blizzard will go that route again.
    Archi I'm pretty sure the mythic version isn't canon because he's dead on Draenor, not the twisting nether afterwards.

How id see this different from Imperator and Cho'gall is this: 1. Would be early access lore. (Especially if it has the same ending of Illidan freeing himself anyways) Just showing what's next. 2. What it really comes down to IMO is: if you want to add a surprise to the fight, what does the playerbase want? Are they ok with an incomplete dungeon journal?

*reason I thought of this as well is I'm reminded of the Gul'dan vs Illidan poster at Gamescom. Maybe they do intend for him to fight Gul'dan. Though obviously that was a year ago.

Nearly everyone would admit Illidan showing up at the climax unexpectedly would be awesome. But how much of the playerbase would be even more upset over not having a guide to that phase of the fight? Which makes the only way you can pull that off is to put it in mythic and maybe heroic.

It would be stupid to punish ALL players with gold for switching specs when only a small percent have extra money.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god...all the crying. Don't have gold? You have until the end of August to start a savings account down at your corner bank. You know what kind of crap people buy on the ah? Everything...literally everything, it's not that hard to get gold. Someone show me exactly where Blizzard has said it's going to be a firm flat out price of 100 gold? As far as I know, they haven't...they're going to figure it out. And if they read all the qq'ing here they're going to hand it to everyone on a silver platter. Seriously, people going on and on like it's the end of the world. I'm sorry, but for crying out loud...go back and read it all.

I'm looking forward to the Beta. I was hoping for some sort of announcement regarding it's status, but my birthday is this week so I have things to do to pass the time; at least for this week. Last Beta I was only able to report 3-4 bugs, I'm hoping this time, if I get in anyway, that I'll be able to help squish a few more. I love trying to get out of places you're not supposed to be able to, that's my specialty .

Just in case I missed something, has there been any news regarding how close we are to actual Beta launching?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Beta. I was hoping for some sort of announcement regarding it's status, but my birthday is this week so I have things to do to pass the time; at least for this week. Last Beta I was only able to report 3-4 bugs, I'm hoping this time, if I get in anyway, that I'll be able to help squish a few more. I love trying to get out of places you're not supposed to be able to, that's my specialty .

Just in case I missed something, has there been any news regarding how close we are to actual Beta launching?
    Except the post about beta being in 2 weeks (±1 week now) according to the wowhead twitch thing no.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you could respec once a day for free, but every time after it costs 20 more gold?

1st time- Free
    2nd time- 20g
    3rd time- 40g
    4th time 60g

10+ Year Old Account
    Because then it would infinitely add up. If they're going to add a payment option, I would rather it add up to a certain point and then have it be whatever it ends at, or just have it be the same amount of gold every time.

As for the beta, is it really worth still predicting? I think the recent "confirmations" from these fan sites are fair even though I'm not taking them to heart. Considering the recent content history of the latest patch it's pretty fair to say that the beta will be coming sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Apeix Crystals won't be a thing in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Because then it would infinitely add up. If they're going to add a payment option, I would rather it add up to a certain point and then have it be whatever it ends at, or just have it be the same amount of gold every time.

As for the beta, is it really worth still predicting? I think the recent "confirmations" from these fan sites are fair even though I'm not taking them to heart. Considering the recent content history of the latest patch it's pretty fair to say that the beta will be coming sometime soon.
    No it woudlnt. After reset for the day it would go back down to 0 again. If you need to re-spec more than 4 times a day you have other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I really hope Apeix Crystals won't be a thing in Legion.
    Considering the Apexis is an extinct society that existed solely on Draenor, they won't be making an appearance in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Costs to switch spec primarily hurt hyrbrids. The majority of the time that someone is changing spec, it is to facilitate group play. Why on earth would you punish instead of incentivize that?
    If you think 100g to respec in an rpg is a punishment, then boy the world must be a bad place for you to live.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how Apexis Crystals are a BC/WoD thing I wouldn't worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No it woudlnt. After reset for the day it would go back down to 0 again. If you need to re-spec more than 4 times a day you have other problems.
    I missed your bit about it being a daily thing, sorry. But no, I wouldn't agree that somebody who respecs over 5 times a day has problems. What if they just queue for a healer/DPS spot in LFD and LFR? or any other two different roles?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    changing specs costs gold
    pretty much like its on live, the more you respec, the higher the cost.
    Hu? when you played last? currently changing between your 2 speccs costs NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Hu? when you played last? currently changing between your 2 speccs costs NOTHING.
    Not if you have to change between all three specs and change talents every fight.
    Crimea is Ukraine!