Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tbh if Arcane and Frost were given the exact same Ice Barrier trait then I don't see why Fire can't have it too; it'd also be easier to balance too. I could understand if they wanted the traits to vary slightly, you know "spec identity", but they didn't even try and make them different; it's literally just a copy/paste.

As defensives go so far:

Fire has:
    Tier 15
    Ice Barrier
    Ice Block
    15% physical only damage reduction: Molten Armor (6%) + Molten Skin (9%)
    Cauterizing Blink: 9% HoT over 6 secs.

Frost has:
    Tier 15
    Ice Barrier
    Ice Block
    +100% stronger Ice Barrier trait
    12% total damage reduction trait

Arcane has:
    Tier 15
    Ice Barrier
    Ice Block
    +100% stronger Ice Barrier trait
    Greater Invisibility

I just can't see how Fire's are comparable to those of Frost or Arcane. I'd much rather the extra absorb than a heal. Plus the physical only reduction doesn't help at all with non-physical damage, which both Frost and Arcane have no problem with. I just can just see it now when Fire Mages have trouble with high burst damage fights and could struggle surviving, especially given some of the footage shown with the Mythic+ dungeons and the amount of damage going out in that. Pretty sure some feedback about those high level Mythic+s ended up with certain specs being specifically chosen (Arcane being one of them) because they had so many good defensives that they could rotate.

I don't think a straight up healing ability is appropriate for any mage spec, even if you don't take into account it being attached to a mobility spell. I like the idea of giving the spec leech though.

Whether it's undertuned or not, Blast Furnace seems like a disappointing idea for an ability. It looks like the sort of thing you'd see in one of those small, junky filler traits and not something you want to actively go for. What's interesting about a 9 second dot attached to Inferno Blast when your other single target spells are already adding a 9 second dot of their own (ignite)?

Scorched Earth already seemed incredibly meh. Now it just looks like shit. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I posted a talent-by-talent feedback on US forums : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743544426

Please pitch in if you have any comment
    I will agree with the guy talking about scorched earth and it becomes completely pointless once you acquire the fire waist legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like some sort of interaction with combustion with our artifact besides something to do with crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I don't think a straight up healing ability is appropriate for any mage spec, even if you don't take into account it being attached to a mobility spell. I like the idea of giving the spec leech though.

Whether it's undertuned or not, Blast Furnace seems like a disappointing idea for an ability. It looks like the sort of thing you'd see in one of those small, junky filler traits and not something you want to actively go for. What's interesting about a 9 second dot attached to Inferno Blast when your other single target spells are already adding a 9 second dot of their own (ignite)?

Scorched Earth already seemed incredibly meh. Now it just looks like shit. :/
    It could be cool because it derives from Blast Furnace itself in Blackrock Foundry, which was very awesome. But the potential is fully unrealized. There's not even a visual, at least not that I know of. The animation for that spell could be similar to Heroes of the Storm ability "Blast Furnace".
    https://youtu.be/aA-n7Nmwwwg?t=2m
    Here it's shown in all its glory, at 2:00.

That's basically Meteor already. 3 second delay, then damage in an area. I don't know if an animation would be enough to make the artifact trait any more interesting, because it's still nothing more than a 9 second DoT on a spec that's already applying a better DoT of that same duration. It just seems like it'll be nothing more than a little bit of damage number clutter.

Wrote a talent review too : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4426?page=1#14

Again, feel free to comment on my feedback

I feel like the only person who doesn't like Inferno Blast being usable off the GCD just on a conceptual level.

I feel like the only person who doesn't like Inferno Blast being usable off the GCD just on a conceptual level.
    believe me, you are not the only one who dislikes it - feels like they added it more for the sake of being able to say "look we added this cool amazing new mechanic" rather then thinking if it was something the spec actually needed or wanted, much the same as with the shimmer talent

Deleted
    I have to remember to remove the stopcasting line from my Inferno Blast macro.

I agree with the feedback Araitik posted, especially with the broad feedback about how lazy and uninspired it feels to have the lvl 75 talents.

However, how is Flame Patch as a talent? Upon reading it it feels extremely lame (just like the +Blizzard damage frost gets), but the tuning could make it work in some circumstances.

Also, what is the deal with Meteor? Looks like Cinderstorm is supposed to be the single target option, so why the hell is Meteor still gimped by the split damage mechanic? Comet Storm became the pure AoE option, so why is Meteor different? Because of the ground dot (lol)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    believe me, you are not the only one who dislikes it - feels like they added it more for the sake of being able to say "look we added this cool amazing new mechanic" rather then thinking if it was something the spec actually needed or wanted, much the same as with the shimmer talent
    I can see why you don't like it, but I strongly disagree. Live Fire seems sooooo slow and boring compared to Alpha Fire once you're used to it. This seemingly little change adds much needed dynamism to the DPS cycle, imho it's one of the best change they gave to Fire.

To my opinion, there are way more serious issues to me mad about, like HS + HU or Living Bomb or ridiculous talent rows.

Deleted
    It's fun to have stuff off the GCD and even castable during casting entirely, but that violates one of the most important advantages of the gameplay of WoW. Having global cooldowns make players with different network delays have an almost equal chance. If you overload the game with those abilities you make the lowest ping win and you create all those related problems FPS games have in competition.

Hopefully this is too minor to matter in that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Something safer for the consistency of gameplay that is still fun in a similar way is the spells of pets. Water Jet for instance was able to be castable at any moment, but the pet had its own GCD. So you had your cake of having that dynamic gameplay and ate it too since that didn't require spells that are completely off the GCD and castable during casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    However, how is Flame Patch as a talent? Upon reading it it feels extremely lame (just like the +Blizzard damage frost gets), but the tuning could make it work in some circumstances.

Also, what is the deal with Meteor? Looks like Cinderstorm is supposed to be the single target option, so why the hell is Meteor still gimped by the split damage mechanic? Comet Storm became the pure AoE option, so why is Meteor different? Because of the ground dot (lol)?
    Well, Flame Patch doubles the damage of Flamestrike, but since half the damage is the initial strike, it can deal with movement a lot better than Blizzard. Although an important question is, does Flame Patch stack? Since Flamestrike is instant with HS, do multiple dots stack? I assume it would, given earthquake does a similar thing in live. If they hadn't changed Living Bomb's cooldown, the three choices would fit nicely into cleave/spread aoe, single target, and mass aoe. The talent doesn't look amazing, but with Flamestrike becoming instant with HS, adding more damage would make it feel more impactful.

When they changed Comet Storm I was sure they had done the same with Meteor. It doesn't make any sense to have an aoe ability that cleaves, unless the intention is to make it work well for single target and aoe, though with that balance it'll end up being too strong for single target or too weak for aoe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Although an important question is, does Flame Patch stack? Since Flamestrike is instant with HS, do multiple dots stack?
    I'd like to know this as well. It would seem logical that each Flame Patch would be separate as it seems to be attached to each individual Flamestrike. Although there might be a cap of how many patches can be up at a time before they force despawn (kinda like that current Healing Rain talent, Conductivity). Just imagining right now HS spam causing a ton of patches at once.

A further question. How does Flame Patch interact with Aftershocks? Does the 2nd additional pillar cast down also cause its own Flame Patch? (I'm assuming no but want to check).

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I can see why you don't like it, but I strongly disagree. Live Fire seems sooooo slow and boring compared to Alpha Fire once you're used to it. This seemingly little change adds much needed dynamism to the DPS cycle, imho it's one of the best change they gave to Fire.

To my opinion, there are way more serious issues to me mad about, like HS + HU or Living Bomb or ridiculous talent rows.
    I don't really think Alpha fire feels much faster and it definitely isn't more interesting 99% of the time to me. A lot of that is down to the loss of HS + HU, live combustion, and IB spreading dots. Most of the talents boil down to use on CD or ignore because they're some passive. I like some of the changes like off gcd IB but its not enough to make up for the loss of what I listed previously imo. Especially those passive talents. I tried using them the other day to give it a real chance and the gameplay was just poor and caused a bunch of munched pyro procs or wasted IBs. It was just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I don't really think Alpha fire feels much faster and it definitely isn't more interesting 99% of the time to me. A lot of that is down to the loss of HS + HU, live combustion, and IB spreading dots. Most of the talents boil down to use on CD or ignore because they're some passive. I like some of the changes like off gcd IB but its not enough to make up for the loss of what I listed previously imo. Especially those passive talents. I tried using them the other day to give it a real chance and the gameplay was just poor and caused a bunch of munched pyro procs or wasted IBs. It was just gross.
    I definitely agree with you. I can live with revamped Combustion, but proc munching and loss of DoT control is terrible. I hope they change things, but seeing all the mage feedback topics stuck at 1 page while most of the other classes have between 2 and 14 pages of discussion makes me think that either a) only a few Mages are unhappy or b) nobody cares to talk about it. Either way, it's gonna end like it always does : Blizzard patting themselves on the shoulder, convinced they've done great work.

Time will tell.

I know I'm an outlier but it is kind of frustrating when you have your own pet issues you wish you could talk about, but almost nobody else seems to care because it's all about raid performance. I wonder if the lack of posts is just not as many people in the alpha that even care about the class as much as other ones, or if the other classes are in a much worse state as far as gameplay goes and that's why there's much more feedback.

Do you save Pyroblast proc in Legion or you just press it? If that's the case then im all for the Fire Mage.

Since you can't have heating up and hot streak at the same time, not using it just wastes the chance for another proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Do you save Pyroblast proc in Legion or you just press it? If that's the case then im all for the Fire Mage.
    If you got !Pyro proc you can start casting Fireball and follow with !Pyroblast since Fireball have travel time. But if you have !Pyro proc and you use Infernal Blast then yeah, you waste your chance to get Heating Up.
    Last edited by Ifritlol; 2016-05-04 at 09:22 AM.

Fire mage buff to base spells! hopefully they have looked at scorched earth in the artifact tree and revised it for a later build.

- - - Updated - - -

They also added in a legendary vendor and some pieces got revised for other specs, can anyone check on our pieces?