Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lothar and Durotan Videos, Tweets, Overwatch Comic and Teaser, Mistweaver Preview

Quin's Season 6 Build Guides

Deck Spotlight: Spark's Beast Rattle Hunter, Deck Spotlight: Tempo Dragon Warrior, Unlocking Wild for New Players

Balance Update - Tracer Changes on May 4th, Weekly Sales & Rotation, Monday Melee #28

Overwatch Open Beta Begins! That is, if you have Pre-ordered

Warcraft Movie - Lothar Character Video
    Legendary released a Lothar focused movie clip that has a few new scenes.

Warcraft Movie - Durotan Character Video
    There was also a Durotan focused video!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mobs Level Scaling
    This is actually intended; we've done some work behind the scenes to make it so mobs don't instantly level and get harder when you ding. The idea being that when you ding from 104 to 105, you haven't had a chance to get 105 gear yet, so you're wearing 104 gear and now creatures have more health and do more damage.

That's very wise. Addresses that concern quite well. how much does it lag behind though? If you gain 2 levels in a short period of time will mobs linger 2 levels behind or will the difference never exceed 1?
    I believe it's somewhere around 50% - and then it'll trigger when you complete a quest, hit a loading screen, or log out. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Artifact Relics in PvP
    We are considering disabling relics in PvP instances (battlegrounds, skirmishes, arenas, and rated battlegrounds) due to way gear is handled in PvP in Legion. Item level will not have as much impact in PvP which throws off the balance of relic itemization. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Re WoW/RPGs, do you think race/class limits provide better lore than any conceivable combo and justifying lore to go w/ it?
    If I understand the question, I always felt held hostage to making races essentially cosmetic. (OccupyGStreet)
    That includes concerns for power (racial bonuses), player agency (I want to be a gnome paladin), or lore. (OccupyGStreet)

Overwatch - Reinhardt Comic
    An Overwatch comic featuring Reinhardt has been released.

Overwatch Cinematic Teaser
    Overwatch Beta is live once again if you have pre-ordered and later this week for everyone else. Overpwn has all of the details.

Final Boss - Mistweaver Monk Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

You spelt Durotan wrong :P

Movie looking great though. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by dasquee View Post
    You spelt Durotan wrong
    Clearly I should re-read things one last time when finishing up the news at 3 in the morning. Fixed!

This is actually intended; we've done some work behind the scenes to make it so mobs don't instantly level and get harder when you ding. The idea being that when you ding from 104 to 105, you haven't had a chance to get 105 gear yet, so you're wearing 104 gear and now creatures have more health and do more damage.
    Yes, having the slightest challenge would be a terrible, terrible thing, indeed. /rollseyes

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Yes, having the slightest challenge would be a terrible, terrible thing, indeed. /rollseyes
    It's not about the challenge but the counter-intuitive fact that dinging makes you weaker if the effect is not mitigated. If you don't want it, he told you how to turn it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm, Durotan in that wolf pelt.

/mansploosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't get my head around those movie shots.
    It all just screams CGI for the most part. Sure we had the on-set shots of partially build towns and I fully accept the Orcs and wide shots to be CGI, but even those shots like a simple forest just looks like it's from the 1990's. It's either a CGI issue, or it's the way of lightning that just makes it all look so weird.

I'll go see the movie, and I really hope all my concerns are unjustified when I walk out that theater.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I still can't get my head around those movie shots.
    It all just screams CGI for the most part. Sure we had the on-set shots of partially build towns and I fully accept the Orcs and wide shots to be CGI, but even those shots like a simple forest just looks like it's from the 1990's. It's either a CGI issue, or it's the way of lightning that just makes it all look so weird.

I'll go see the movie, and I really hope all my concerns are unjustified when I walk out that theater.
    Being nitpicky about every little thing, things you will hardly notice when watching the actual movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    It's not about the challenge but the counter-intuitive fact that dinging makes you weaker if the effect is not mitigated. If you don't want it, he told you how to turn it off.
    Its not counter-intuitive if you level and your gear stays the same. That's how it's supposed to work. Some arbitrary time frame where 105 mobs fight like 104 mobs is pathetic hand holding.

Jesus Christ this movie looks worse and worse with each trailer.

how about turning off scaling all together worst feature they could force on players in an MMO in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Jesus Christ this movie looks worse and worse with each trailer.
    What looks bad about it? You aren't even giving a reason XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    What looks bad about it? You aren't even giving a reason XD
    Well I did and you shoved it aside as nitpicking
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Well I did and you shoved it aside as nitpicking
    But I wasn't talking to you just now :P

Deleted
    Have you played it? When a world full of trash mobs takes ten seconds longer to die, it's not challenging; it's just boring.

Quick question: the Overwatch beta this weekend... is it truly open, or only for those who preordered?

Deleted
    Man I thought Heinhardt was a robot. Guy in a suit doesn't seem very cool. I was hoping for a robot or cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Quick question: the Overwatch beta this weekend... is it truly open, or only for those who preordered?
    Open beta starts on the 3rd if you've pre-ordered or recieved a spare early open beta code.
    Actual open beta starts on the 5th regardless of pre-ordering Overwatch or not.

As a German I had this song im my head reading the Overwatch Reinhardt comic:

Gehste inne Stadt
    wat macht dich da satt?
    'ne Currywurst

badly translated:

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/curryw...#ixzz47auunzqB

Goin' into town
    what'll fill you up
    a currywurst (curried sausage)

Comin' from night shift
    nothing better in the world then a
    currywurst

With fries alongside
    oi, then I'll have rather two of the currywurst

Feelin' solid down
    need sthg. to chew on
    currywurst

Willi, c'mon alongside
    got an appetite
    for currywurst

Its not counter-intuitive if you level and your gear stays the same. That's how it's supposed to work. Some arbitrary time frame where 105 mobs fight like 104 mobs is pathetic hand holding.
    Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no.

It's not just "You level and your gear stays the same", it's "You level and so do the mobs you were just killing, but your gear doesn't". You really wouldn't call it bullshit if you levelled but it took you longer to kill shit? Really?