Deleted

Question No Hunter spec that is ranged and has traps?

So I was wondering for you alpha players if it isn't a problem in terms of gameplay feel?
    For me beeing ranged, kiting and having traps is what defines Hunter. I am quite open
    to changes but also worried that both ranged spec will feel empty without traps.

Deleted
    I feel prety fine w/o traps
    Yes sometiomes is good to have them (like for SVV artefact quest line who you plan to compete with BM spec) but over the time i get used to not have any CC in open world(using Camo in open world its much beter than any CC)
    Also with Survival only one decent CCing spec is much more easy to find a sopt in my guild Myth dungeons
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-05-03 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I feel prety fine w/o traps
    Yes sometiomes is good to have them (like for SVV artefact quest line who you plan to compete with BM spec) but over the time i get used to not have any CC in open world(using Camo in open world its much beter than any CC)
    Also with Survival only one decent CCing spec is much more easy to find a sopt in my guild Myth dungeons
    You probably don't do PvP or CM.

Deleted
    I don't main hunter but i have tbh - having any hunter specs without traps does fly in the face of class fantasy. It's pruning overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I don't main hunter but i have tbh - having any hunter specs without traps does fly in the face of class fantasy. It's pruning overkill.
    Launching traps that turns mobs into ice-cubes or dropping explosive trap at your feet also doesn't fit the fantasy.

I'll miss freezing and ice-trap as well but all classes have their CC abilities reduced and Wyvern Sting and Binding Shot probably fit the Hunter fantasy better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Launching traps that turns mobs into ice-cubes or dropping explosive trap at your feet also doesn't fit the fantasy.

I'll miss freezing and ice-trap as well but all classes have their CC abilities reduced and Wyvern Sting and Binding Shot probably fit the Hunter fantasy better.
    Yeh that's good point. I think that something like Snake Trap ,as a slow, would fit and should be in the BM toolikit.

One thing that's been noted as a problem for BMs without freezing trap: Challenging exotic tames.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    One thing that's been noted as a problem for BMs without freezing trap: Challenging exotic tames.
    Can't you use wyvern sting? I vaguely remember taming a normal pet on alpha this way.

Can't you use wyvern sting? I vaguely remember taming a normal pet on alpha this way.
    I really don't know. I just know that the lack of freezing trap for those tames seems to be a near universal complaint of BMs on alpha. I would think if wyvern sting worked as well, someone would've said so by now.

All of that said, if that were the biggest problem with BM, I'd be OK with that lol.

^^^This. I plan to spec BM & SV. I'm perfectly ok with traps being part of my SV spec. Trap launcher always did seem silly, right up there with swirling blades from a weapon I don't have that somehow protect me while walking through fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    I really don't know. I just know that the lack of freezing trap for those tames seems to be a near universal complaint of BMs on alpha. I would think if wyvern sting worked as well, someone would've said so by now.

All of that said, if that were the biggest problem with BM, I'd be OK with that lol.
    I've never found freezing trap truly necessary for tames. Convenient? Sure. Necessary? No. So you get clawed up a little. How many tames are a threat to kill you?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-05-05 at 05:32 AM. Reason: spelling

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I've never found freezing trap truly necessary for tames. Convenient? Sure. Necessary? No. So you get clawed up a little. How many tames are a threat to kill you?
    Rare Pandaria tames are stealthed and move away from you even when you're taming them (at least Savage does), so if you can't keep them within your flare area, you can't tame them

Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    Rare Pandaria tames are stealthed and move away from you even when you're taming them (at least Savage does), so if you can't keep them within your flare area, you can't tame them
    I tamed every one of them without trapping them..

Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    I skipped Pandaria so can't speak to those, but I tamed the spirit beasts from WoLK and Cata - including Banthalos - without needing traps.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I find the change to be a little strange myself. I thought traps had always been part of the class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I mean there's some tames (the one in gnomergon) in legion that will one shot you... but aspect of the turtle's long duration basically makes how hard they hit moot. And Binding shot covers 90% of the uses of freezing trap when it comes to pet taming