Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Dont hold your breath. It just started
    Don't hold your breath, people are already forgetting what the fuss was about. It isn't even in the top trends on fb anymore even though it was for the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Don't hold your breath, people are already forgetting what the fuss was about. It isn't even in the top trends on fb anymore even though it was for the first week.
    Yes because FB and Twitter dont shadowban or censor politically rightwing things.

But I guess what your saying is, you dont like Republicans but you like their money

Yes because FB and Twitter dont shadowban or censor politically rightwing things.

But I guess what your saying is, you dont like Republicans but you like their money
    The fb one is new, got any source on that. Heard about twitter during gamergate, but never facebook.

http://pamelageller.com/category/facebook-censorship/

Found that lady, but blogs are not very reliable for well much of anything.

For a very long time homosexuality was considered to be a mental illness, now that it's more acceptable people are on to claiming transexuals to be mentally ill. They'll always be looking for someone to oppress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I dunno, who is right here isn't exactly crystal clear.

On one hand you don't want to discriminate against transgendered people. On the other, you don't want to open up women and children to perverted dudes who will exploit the rule.

There's really no good answer here.
    I'm having a hard time understanding what was the problem before this change? Trans gender people felt bad about the sign on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what was the problem before this change? Trans gender people felt bad about the sign on the door?
    There was no problem. This has been Target's policy for a long time. They made a statement reinforcing their policy due to the new law that was passed in NC.

I would crawl through a large desert without water before I ever shopped at target again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I would crawl through a large desert without water before I ever shopped at target again.
    Someone please help this man get a helicopter to the nearest desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Someone please help this man get a helicopter to the nearest desert.
    Well I can tell you this, I will never step foot in target again, ever.

Deleted
    Good for you. No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Good for you. No one cares.
    Do you arrive at target early to sit in the bathroom all day, or do you sleep in?.

Deleted
    They vow to boycot it, yet I bet most can be found in a Target store whenever they need something.

People are full of it.

Deleted
    Do you arrive at target early to sit in the bathroom all day, or do you sleep in?.
    So clever, very witty. You aren't even trying anymore. It's sad...and now it's boring.

I'll probably get hate for this but...

In my eyes, if your born a man, your a man. If your born a woman, your a woman. When it comes down to official paper work such as government census, insurance paperwork etc. You should be marking yourself down as the gender you actually are, that's just me and biological thinking

HOWEVER, I do believe in social settings, day to day life, you should have the option to identify yourself how ever you like. If your a man and want to be a woman, so you have operations, dress like a woman etc. that's perfectly fine in my eyes (but your still a man).

As for transgender bathrooms that's a no. Men shouldn't be allowed in the ladies, and women's in the men's. It would be better to set up a different toilet, justa single room, designated for transgender individuals. I'd also kind of be against this as that might make people feel like they are being targeted though.

Its a toughie, me personally, I wouldn't give a shit if I was using a urinal and a transgender woman came in to use a cubical, however I can see other people have issues (there was a social experiment done on it about a man dressed as a woman using a urinal and the reactions we're disgusting) furthermore, without meaning to sound sexist I can see women having a bigger issues about having a transgender man in their toilets

I would rather slather honey all over my body and jump into a bear den than shop at target ever again. Target sucks.

I would rather have dead fish strapped to me and jump into a great white shark congregation than shop at target ever again.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-03 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Its a toughie, me personally, I wouldn't give a shit if I was using a urinal and a transgender woman came in to use a cubical, however I can see other people have issues (there was a social experiment done on it about a man dressed as a woman using a urinal and the reactions we're disgusting) furthermore, without meaning to sound sexist I can see women having a bigger issues about having a transgender man in their toilets

That social experiment? Where the dude put in zero effort, beard was still easily noticeable, and wore a cheap Halloween wig and said he was "trans". That isn't what a transwoman tends to look like, or anywhere near it unless we are talking day one of HRT here. >.>
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-05-03 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

That social experiment? Where the dude put in zero effort, beard was still easily noticeable, and wore a cheap Halloween wig and said he was "trans". That isn't what a transwoman tends to look like, or anywhere near it >.>
    Meanwhile, someone pretending to be a transman to use the women's restroom under the NC law could put in even less effort. Clearly this makes women safer.

Dr. McHugh, former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital, is the author of "Try to Remember: Psychiatry's Clash Over Meaning, Memory, and Mind" (Dana Press, 2008).
    Despite his once lofty position, Dr. Hughes is hardly a good source.

He's an Orthodox Catholic: http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/05/us...pagewanted=all
    Filed a brief in favor of Prop 8 stating that homosexuality was a choice: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...6/amicus21.pdf
    Stated a 10 year old raped by a relative should carry her pregnancy to term: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/us...anted=all&_r=0
    Note also who he was arguing against. Dr. Tiller would later be killed by a rabid anti-abortionist.
    And even blamed Catholic molestation on homosexuality instead of pedophile: http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/adopting_chaos/
    And, of course, courts have found his arguments unpersuasive: http://www.hhs.gov/dab/decisions/dab...ns/dab2576.pdf

In short, Hughes is completely out-of-step with every major psychological organization (including the APA) and the long established, internationally used standards of care regarding treatment of transgendered individuals. He's also a hard right nut job that is in favor of conversion therapy and is opposed to gay rights and abortion to the tune where he thinks ten year old rape victims should carry children to term.

Deleted
    Dont hold your breath. It just started
    Most of the boycotting people will have forgotten why they were boycotting it in a week.

Since you predicted twice in the thread that Target will cease to exist over this, you probably won't be tempted to anyway, right? Or, could it be that you have no idea what will happen to them? :')

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    It creates way too much potential risk for everyone involved.
    What risk, exactly, are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Bring it on and let the men (and non men)(and men who identify)(and men questioning)(and whatever the hell someone decides they are that day) in the women's restroom. You'll see that policy get changed fast.
    The reality is the people that this law is intended for already use the women's restroom. And the universe hasn't exploded.

And, once again, this idea that people will don a wig and suddenly decide to go into the women's rest room is ridiculous, especially considering there was nothing stopping them from doing it prior to these laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Target is done, bye target
    Just like Chik-fil-a was done over the boycott?

Target will be fine -- the worst that will happen is a dip in profits before this all blows over. Most likely a whole not of nothing will happen as people rarely carry through with their online outrage.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't you the guy who is afraid to leave his house anyway? Or is that Orlong?

It's hard to keep my extremist right wing posters straight these days.