7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If you think 100g to respec in an rpg is a punishment
    More than a "punishment" is a tax for be an hybrid class. Also, consider that as a shaman resto/elem I swicth very often.
    When you are at levl 102 you gain the quest for the second and 3rd Artifact and you gain Artifact Point for the artifact equipped. So, as a healer*, even if is doable, I preferd go to dps during exp/quests, but spending my AP on Resto Artifact.

Also, runes (as all the rewards) that you can recive from quests, change based on your spec. So if you wanna the resto Runes insteed of elemental ones, you must change spec before finish a quest and choose your reward.

That means not only you change spec from dps to healer when you queue to a dungeon but event during the exp phase if you wanna spend AP/runes on an artifact different from the equipped one. Runes are used not only for a +1 skill point but for increasing the item level of the Artifact.

That depend how you wanna play, is not a big concern for many players, but is it for players like me that use 2 specs.

*Exping in a healers spec is doable, just as I say, but is slow and its boring like as hell... and dont make any sense kills mob in a spec used for heal players, when I have a spec born for that job.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

The cost of changing talents should be changed to three fiddy

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if you could respec once a day for free, but every time after it costs 20 more gold?

1st time- Free
    2nd time- 20g
    3rd time- 40g
    4th time 60g
    That's similar to how it already works. Every time you respec the cost rises, when you don't for a while it drops back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I missed your bit about it being a daily thing, sorry. But no, I wouldn't agree that somebody who respecs over 5 times a day has problems. What if they just queue for a healer/DPS spot in LFD and LFR? or any other two different roles?
    You've missed the part where if you're for example a Balance druid and you sign up in LFD/LFR as say a healer, it will automatically respec you once you get in the dungeon and you'll still be Balance when you come out. Or so I understand from what I've read in this very thread. Haven't tested it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If you think 100g to respec in an rpg is a punishment, then boy the world must be a bad place for you to live.
    What are u people even talking about. 100 gold is the reward for 7 daily quests or all the green and blue drops in a dungeon. If someone need rolled every item or u did 7 quests and got nothing you'd be pissed to.

Make it 5 cold I don't care. But if u think 100 gold is nothing them by all means give people out some gold Cus u obviously don't need it. Some of us are using all our gold for subscription and lucky to get enough for a new mount every now and then. Why don't u get over yourself and realize this game doesn't isn't yours and there are people with different experiences and values than u.

Like if u have all this money spread it around. But don't go insulting people just Cus they spend theirs on in game stuff and don't horde it like a meth addicted dragon
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    What are u people even talking about. 100 gold is the reward for 7 daily quests or all the green and blue drops in a dungeon. If someone need rolled every item or u did 7 quests and got nothing you'd be pissed to.

Make it 5 cold I don't care. But if u think 100 gold is nothing them by all means give people out some gold Cus u obviously don't need it. Some of us are using all our gold for subscription and lucky to get enough for a new mount every now and then. Why don't u get over yourself and realize this game doesn't isn't yours and there are people with different experiences and values than u.

Like if u have all this money spread it around. But don't go insulting people just Cus they spend theirs on in game stuff and don't horde it like a meth addicted dragon
    So... you're complaining about not having 100g, but you're buying a token once a month? Your argument lost all credibility there I'm afraid. And just for the record, 100g is nothing. I have no gold, because I don't care about it, and even I don't think 100g is anything.

100g is barely anything, you can make more by vendoring 3 drops from a boss in Cata raids. But if you respec several times a day, then it's going to add up. Even if it stays as 100g for each spec swap and you do it 3 times a day, that's an awful lot of gold just for playing a different spec that you can do now, for free.

100g is barely anything, but you guys gotta realize that as a hybrid class, you switch a LOT, and im not sure why this tax was even added?

It just seems all very pointless

I... don't understand where this 100g figure is coming from. It doesn't cost that much to change spec on Alpha unless you've changed specs multiple times in a short period.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cost itself does not matter. What matters is that they are going backwards in terms of design and philosophy for seemingly no real reason. This hurts group play, not help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    100g is barely anything, but you guys gotta realize that as a hybrid class, you switch a LOT, and im not sure why this tax was even added?

It just seems all very pointless
    It does seem pointless. I have no idea what you mean by a lot though, we definitely are not going to be rapidly switching between specs in the raid unless you're a Druid and are switching between feral and balance. There's no reason for you to switch to heals or tank in the middle of a raid if you're in a guild, and even if someone leaves and you have to, it's only once. Nobody is going to be switching 4-5 times repeatedly. Keep in mind your second artifact will be behind your 1st one so it might not even be beneficial for you to switch specs at certain points.

There is no logical reason to add a price to switch your spec.
    It's a punishment (no matter if it's small or high) for some classes to do their jobs in a raid.
    While pure DPS classes like let's say hunters or mages don't have to respec very often, hybrids like druids are expected to fill at least one additional role if needed.
    Why should they pay to help the raid? If it's very little gold, then why have it at all - pointless? If it's expensive, then all you will have is people unwilling to play more than one spec. If it's VERY expensive people will roll a new character for each spec and switch characters all the time.

If Blizzard does not want people to change spec every 2 minutes... give respec a 30 minutes cooldown. Problem solved.

Adding a cost to a hybrid class for playing a hybrid class the way it was designed makes no sense. It does not help anybody and definitly is not really helpful to lower the inflation.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Thumbs down

I rapidly change specs when experimenting with my interface (and I do experiment a lot with that), or when testing something on the dummies, so a cost (or even a timer) associated to that is beyond stupid.

It will have a worse than adverse effect on the health of the game.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I did a couple of dungeons yesterday as a prot warrior

I now tuning not happnend fully yet but has anyone else the feeling that in the current state heroic and mhytic (+) dungeons gonna be not puggable for a long time? With the ammount of how much self susstain a tank has now i can not see this puggable with a "normal" LFD group
    We have top alliance and horde men trying to figure out what the hell you just said.

However, let me answer your question....NO! Atleast, not with how hard the keystones get at around rank 10 or so, you'd have to be mythic geared for that.

EDIT: Why are people talking about the spec changing prices NOW? We've seen this stuff in legion ever since the beginning of alpha, you should've just talked/ranted about it then. Now, legion is half-way done, and you're talking about it now? Like....what the hell?

Well my thought on this is that blizzard wants get away from class homonigezation and go back to spec identy. And as you say this gonna prevent the low - to middle players from switching specs and the high-top end gonna doesnt care.
    At least thats why im thinking they doing this
    The class identity of a druid for example is that he can fill for every role. That he can turn into the beast that is needed to do the job. So why take that away from the druid (or put it behind a paywall)? I do not see a good reason for that.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

good you get it

but i dont only mean mhytic +10 or so.

I mean in WoD you can do a heroic (at the beginning when you not was overgearing it) "easy" when youre tank/healer was very good and the dps would pull at least their own weight.

No in alpha tanks are paperweigths, i dont see it happening that when you get a mediocore tank and healer that hey can complete the dungeon.
    I mean...maybe it'll become easier later on in terms of heroics, but I still think it'll be a little bit of a challenge in early mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    I rapidly change specs when experimenting with my interface (and I do experiment a lot with that), or when testing something on the dummies, so a cost (or even a timer) associated to that is beyond stupid.

It will have a worse than adverse effect on the health of the game.
    Yep, it seems like people just see "100g, and I only respec 1 time per raid" and think it's miniscule. But in reailty, it really is not, especially for people who don't have 5+ gold-oriented garrisons. I'll repeat myself from another thread:
    Every single time you want to try another spec, you pay it. Wanna smash a random heroic in tank spec for a bag? pay up. Wanna do dailies in a convenient spec? Pay 80g. Raid wants you in offspec for this and this and another boss? Pay the sum everytime. Wanna test and compare all specs on dummies? Pay 500g+ for the whole session. Friend asked to heal him on elite rare for a toy drop | you join pugs for world boss, you gonna offspec | dungeon is more friendly to Fire over Frost - spec fire | soloing old bosses - spec arcane for burst | wanna try displacement shenanigans while having fun with friends - spec arcane | wanna show off special effects - spec fire | navigating forbidden places with rogue - spec outlaw for grappling hook | farming stuff in old world - spec Arcane for Arcane Explosions and easy farm | got new item for fury spec, but can't equip two 2handers in prot, so can't save equipment set - have to spec to fury, then equip your dps gear with dual wield, equip new item and then save it... and much more. And all the time you pay those freaking 50-100g. I'm pretty sure it will amount to A LOT, especially during expansion launch, with all the new stuff to do.
    Also, you won't have garrisons in Legion drowning you in gold anymore. And a regular player doesn't dabble in auction house buying/selling, so much less gold income.

It's a punishment (no matter if it's small or high) for some classes to do their jobs in a raid.
    Keep the cost, its there for a good reason.

But simply allow players to charge their Guild Bank the respec fee.

Any raid guild worth its salt who requirse players to respec between encounters will happily fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    The class identity of a druid for example is that he can fill for every role. That he can turn into the beast that is needed to do the job. So why take that away from the druid (or put it behind a paywall)? I do not see a good reason for that.
    To encourage you to commit to a spec, I guess. They give you two specs to use. If that's not enough, I guess that's encouragement to make new friends, grow your guild, and get people who meet your needs. They aren't taking away anything from the druid. Changing specs isn't unique to druids, nor was it something they were intended to do. That's a quality that you assigned to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    EDIT: Why are people talking about the spec changing prices NOW? We've seen this stuff in legion ever since the beginning of alpha, you should've just talked/ranted about it then. Now, legion is half-way done, and you're talking about it now? Like....what the hell?
    Is since the beginning of the Alpha that we talk about that... this is only one of the usual topic that came and go in this thread...
    and thanks to feedbacks about hybrid class/changing spec, you can change spec at level 102 instead at level 110.

So, we can talk/rant even now about that because is still possible improve/change things.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat