Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Why is it all of a sudden you people bitch about stuff missing just because it's WoD? Do you not remember everything cut in Vanilla, TBC, and ESPECIALLY WotLK?
    Way to miss the point. It was a joke about the fact that there is usually something cut from every expansion.

And as people have mentioned the other expansions have had content in them. Since you brought up WoD, how do you justify cutting something like Farahlon and not replacing it and only having 1 content patch throughout the entire expansion. Ending it with what will probably become the longest raid tier to date by the time Legion rolls round.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2016-05-03 at 09:54 AM.

erm i wonder if anyone on the alpha can confirm 2 things for me

1. no raids will be open within the 1st 3 weeks like in wod
    2. suramar will be released in 7.1 leaving us wiht only emerald nightmare to raid for the 1st few months?

back on topic personaly i hope they would be fine tuning and trying not to repeat the 6.1 farce

They'll be working on Legion. They aren't exactly in a position where they can wait any longer than they have to. If it were possible to launch it any sooner I imagine it would be on the tail of the movie as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    You expect the game to never increase in cost? Expansions 20 years from now should cost the same? And how exactly are you quantifying less content? I'm not sure how you can make that assessment. Do you "feel" it was less? Okay. I dont.
    Pretty sure there was less I mean 2 raid tiers and all lol the price went up we got less simple fact and the team was doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    erm i wonder if anyone on the alpha can confirm 2 things for me

1. no raids will be open within the 1st 3 weeks like in wod
    2. suramar will be released in 7.1 leaving us wiht only emerald nightmare to raid for the 1st few months?
    Being in the alpha doesn't answer those questions, however they have stated before that they do plan to keep a similar schedule for raid opening as with WoD, which means 3-4 weeks until the first raid opens, and maybe ~2 months after that until the second opens. The second raid is not tied to any patch whatsoever though, BRF was not tied to 6.1, it just happened to be around the same time.

I'm sure they'll elaborate on more precise plans as we get closer to the release.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-05-03 at 10:03 AM.

hrm ok guess ill need to wait then

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    True dat. We started AQ and Naxx, but never got far (Cleared AQ 20 ofc) - but I think the game would have needed another year or more for us to get anywhere in those Instances. Actually only one guild on my server got like half the bosses in each of those raids. And that is our server best guild (600 world, 300 EU) - those two raids were just too damn hard
    AQ wasn't really that hard, huhuran was just a big cock block with all the nature resist required. C'Thun on the other hand was really really difficult and the same goes for at least 50% of the Naxx bosses. Too bad they released TBC so early.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 months will go by quick, and they will likely release an unfinished bug fest. I expect a on par if not worse launch than woD.

hrm ok guess ill need to wait then
    It's very likely that Suramar will be in the release version though, don't you worry.

The "late" opening of raids is something most players seem to want it seems. Less stress to get raid geared and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's very likely that Suramar will be in the release version though, don't you worry.

The "late" opening of raids is something most players seem to want it seems. Less stress to get raid geared and all that.
    i figured that, was having a discussion about it with guildies and friends but had no proof that it would happen the same way wod did

i figured that, was having a discussion about it with guildies and friends but had no proof that it would happen the same way wod did
    It's almost certain that the first raid will come later than launch. For one, they said that they were happy with how the first tier was in WoD (spacing + the 7/10 boss structure) and another thing is that they said "Current plan is that mythic dungeons open on launch, while mythic+ get unlocked alongside raiding), which would imply raiding comes later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Way to miss the point. It was a joke about the fact that there is usually something cut from every expansion.

And as people have mentioned the other expansions have had content in them. Since you brought up WoD, how do you justify cutting something like Farahlon and not replacing it and only having 1 content patch throughout the entire expansion. Ending it with what will probably become the longest raid tier to date by the time Legion rolls round.
    Dailies, raids, dungeons,bgs, it's all WoW has ever had and people bitched about the amount of dailies in MoP sighting not enough time etc etc so other than an ass load of dailies it pretty much had everything else.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I pretty certain they'll continue to work their asses off on this expansion. They need the next four months because of all the time they're now having to waste talking and dealing with bullshit about old expansions that a minority of malcontents want.
    You do undestand that 250k people compared to the 3m subs retail wow currently has, is definitely not a minority?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    You do undestand that 250k people compared to the 3m subs retail wow currently has, is definitely not a minority?
    250k of whom 25k would actually play (and pay). 3 million in times of no content with a boom to at least 7 million at Legion release (and continuous decline after that, like usual)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I was being puzzled about that too. One the one hand it is expected that the changes should be there at the time. On the other hand, the could just abuse that extra month people will get for free through the movie and then add the prepatch for the hype and sub to be refreshed.

Even though the negative possibility seems plausible, given their view on how classes and learning curve work for new players, it is even more plausible for the prepatch to be there by the time the movie comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, unless they nerf it like hell, it is impossible to get the legendary ring in one month. I mentioned that point since they said they will remove it as of Legion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing that worries me is the fact that the movie is dangerously close thematically to the mundane simplicity of WoD. Add that to the simplicity of WoD classes overall, they might sadly be considering WoD a "training ground" for new players before Legion adds depth.
    I was agreeing until the last bit. Legion is the one simplifying the classes not WoD. WoD has seen some of the most complex class designing in WoW. That is exactly what started beeing stated and why they pruned some more in legion.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-05-03 at 02:33 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricaanz View Post
    It's actually the definition of a minority...