Thread: [TV] Limitless

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yeh, Chuck.. but I wonder if that was the show or movie i was thinking about.. .. it wasn't, but yes, chuck is another example.
    There was a limitless movie, could you be thinking of that?

Deleted
    best TShirt ever:
    Code:
    Female
    Body
    Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't say I see this as a bad thing. It's like having a male lead in a game not look like generic skinhead hero with gruff voice #3403657 xD
    no , it's not a bad thing at all it's actually good, there are really talented actors out there who are the wrong build, the wrong height, the wrong skin colour, the wrong age, the wrong face for hollywood to give them a leading role... such a shame..

go to British TV, looks are only an all in factor for teen shows - this is where evereyone is hot n sexy, fastforward to general British television, critical acclaimed dramas and shows, and the majority of the older stuff, you see the quality of the acting much higher across the board over there than state side, but also you have a very wide variety of leads ... and it's largely a talent thing than it is an appearance thing, Ofc they have less money riding on it, but I like to think they value skill a lot more highly than their U.S. counterparts.

- - - Updated - - -

In the U.S the skill value emphasis is largely behind the camera in the writers, producers and directors, this is where skill matters the most it would seem, the actors are largely selected for being eye candy moreso than any other thing, which is why they tend to pidgeonhole to that very narrow 20s looking (so normally 20/30s aged actors), 6ft, square jaw, white, fit build, "jock/home boy/boy next door" look for nearly ALL the male leads you see across the board. Even the way they act, straight/captain of the football team type or would have been if that was his thing....it's like they are runnig of a statistical analysis of the character most people warm up to, and they all use it, have you notice how similar leads behave too? Which is what makes the Mr Robot guy a lot more interesting -

would have been more interesting if he was black, and gay too.. but then they would have classed the show as either "ethnic minority" or "LGBT" - just because of that. Like they did with Sense8 - and you're like wtf, just cos he's gay doesn't make it's political show on LGBT preaching, and just cos he's black doens't make it a show for black folk.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-10-14 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    AMG. Did anyone else celebrated the paying homage to one of my all time fav movies (Ferris Buellers day off) including the end?
    that was just freaking awsome!

i'm reallly liking limitless now, the main character is coming about quite nicely, it's not as high end as I thought it would be or would go, it's a bit more humble, but they're making it work, not everything has to immediately be world ending just cos you have extraordinary ability, it is a bit small for someone who gets so smart, but then it's sort of what your average joe would think about doing if he thought he thought he could take a pill and become very very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    AMG. Did anyone else celebrated the paying homage to one of my all time fav movies (Ferris Buellers day off) including the end?
    that was just freaking awsome!
    This was really well done. Excellent episode. Especially loved the Mr Rooney on the bus scene with the Russian at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing catch up on this show (watched the first three eps) and I'm really liking it. Sure it's another show about a really smart guy surrounded by less intelligent people that he helps (and that NZT basically turns him into Sherlock), but the lead is charming (and sexy) and I love the energy and humor of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Playing catch up on this show (watched the first three eps) and I'm really liking it. Sure it's another show about a really smart guy surrounded by less intelligent people that he helps (and that NZT basically turns him into Sherlock), but the lead is charming (and sexy) and I love the energy and humor of the show.
    yes Sherlock.. that's who i was thinking off. He's basically SHerlock, but a fresh take, and aMerican without seeming to copy.

This guy needs a drug to bring out his full potential. I'd like them to show him off as special even amongst others on NZT - with a side guessing game on why he is a cut above the rest of those on NZTs.

Brian's appeal to many of us, is that he is us, or just like most of us. Although I don't like allusions of miracle drugs that can do everything for you and fix your life completely.

Deleted
    Okay if they keep this self-irony going i can see a long future for this show.
    Last nights episode was awsome again (I just wonder if giving this NZT to someone won't have any reapercusions)

But now I wanna see BRUNTOUCHABLES: Civil war - Mike vs Brian!

The Abyss throwback in that Bruntouchables montage at the end was nice aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    omg, i remember Greek, i didn't even recognize the character was from there, he cleaned up well, altho he's a bit on the chubby/flabby side for your typical lead role, but good for him he landed it, US networks are so super selective on their leads - which is why they tend to all look very similar.

Limitles reminded me of another show, but i've completely forgotten the name, another show where the guy gets very smart for periods.
    I am loving the show thus far, main character is great and the girl from dexter is decent, but a little fat and has weird tits....I prefer my lead females to be way tighter body wise.

oh right, that's not ok to say.. but its ok when it's about the guy! got it!

Joking aside. (although I think I raised a point considerig it was postd by a well known forum SJW)

the show is great. I think there is a fair bit more depth to be had and I'm still enjoying all the side plots (usually they bore me by now!)

Man this show is so great. It's such a fantastic spin on a procedural cop drama. So much good humor. Loved the TECH TALK from the last episode. Hope this sticks around for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Man this show is so great. It's such a fantastic spin on a procedural cop drama. So much good humor. Loved the TECH TALK from the last episode. Hope this sticks around for awhile.
    yeah.. Brian's so cool.. it continues to grow on me, and I love his character, and the nouveau role he plays in the FBi , I like the tone - it's just the right degree of light and serious blended in a nice way. It's not perfect, but it's entertaining and enjoyable. I only watch it when i'm int he mood, and i'm not disappointed.

Deleted
    So who else thinks that everything AFTER he reached home is
    a) a smart way to end it if it doesnt get renewed
    b) if it gets renewed ,everything after he entered the house was a trip because of side effects kicking in?

Why would it be a trip? If the show continues he has to have at least temporary immunity and permanent makes it so much easier. Something had to happen though, he couldn't take NZT anymore without the shot and the show isn't the show without Brian on NZT.

I really like Mike and Ike

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I really like Mike and Ike
    You mean Daryl and Jason? :P They are pretty great though. All the cast is pretty good, even Jennifer Carpenter, surprisingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Amazing show. Really wish it'd get a second season, but seems it is done for.
    Why do you think that? Elementary and Quantico have been renewed and have worse ratings. CSI: Cyber was renewed when it was doing worse than Limitless.

Also there was this back in march

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/co...-expected-cbs/
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2016-04-27 at 08:15 PM.

Arrow and Flash? What about The Originals and Vampire Diary Sries, ratings couldn't get lower and they still get renewed

I enjoyed Limitless, the character Brian Finch is a lot of fun, brings just the right about of light to the heavier scenes and themes, i found myself looking forward to watching limitless all the time, the dynamic between him and the FBI agents, especially the Ike and Mike was so funny in a tongue in cheek sorta way

Makes me smile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So who else thinks that everything AFTER he reached home is
    a) a smart way to end it if it doesnt get renewed
    b) if it gets renewed ,everything after he entered the house was a trip because of side effects kicking in?
    Excactly what I was thinking. Seems too good (for Brian) to be true. Or it's just an easy way to write Morra out of the show as fast as possible. Those cameos probably cost a lot of the monies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Those cameos probably cost a lot of the monies
    Well, Bradley Cooper is the executive producer of Limitless, so it would be in his best interest for the show to do well, and as such it wouldn't make much sense for him to take huge paychecks for appearing on the show.