Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    So Comcast customer service? Ouch.
    Not everyone has Comcast, so they haven't felt the pain..

But pretty much just like anything dealing with comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    to be honost all gaming companies should band together and make a universal black list of people
    Actually a more global vac system would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Cheaters aren't some super malicious group of people out to ruin everything for everyone else.
    Good one. What else are those cunts about ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    If blizzard allowed bots, would you care?
    obviously always scum. Blizzard's stance and their lack of action against all sorts of cheating doesn't change anything
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-02 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Yes.

Not only should they ban bots, but they should actively target players who are known bot users (this mainly applies to Diablo 3).

Of course they should.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    obviously always scum. Blizzard's stance and their lack of action against all sorts of cheating doesn't change anything
    So, if people had the same mentality that using addons = cheating, yet blizzard allowed them you would still call them scum and call it cheating etc etc.

Seems a bit weird to say "follow blizzard rules" in the same breath as "even if it was allowed they're cheating."

Also, before anyone jumps on me for trying to make an excuse for allowing botting, as long as blizzard says it's not allowed, they should temp ban anyone found using one and perm ALL accounts under their names if found using one again. I just want to see where people would stand if botting wasn't against the rules, would you use them yourself?

Just want to try and steer the discussion in another direction that I haven't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Just want to try and steer the discussion in another direction that I haven't seen before.
    Don't give a flying crap about the mentality of people. Frankly can't see where that discussion is supposed to go as it would be an entirely different game ? How people would react to a game entirely based on botting well no idea. I would certainly would not enjoy that retarded bs just as pay to win games are retarded and the people playing them even more so.

Ban them for sure, no questions asked. Not like they'd answer because they're bots anyway.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why ppl here haven't bothered to report this post as being obnoxiously silly, worthless of discussion and asking for the obvious with a single allowed response.

The people who voted 'no' should be put on some kind of FBI-watchlist tbh.

Deleted
    I find it hard to believe anyone that isn't botting would say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone that isn't botting would say no.

why is it hard, blizzard itself has set the precedent of only suspending bots. Even the large banwave last may only got 6-month suspensions.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    why is it hard, blizzard itself has set the precedent of only suspending bots. Even the large banwave last may only got 6-month suspensions.
    Why would that make those that don't bot support botting?

Until the advent of Garrisons pretty much every server's economy was built on the materials farmed by bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    The playerbase overall tends to slowly integrate business decisions by blizzard about the game into how they view the game as well.

examples are instantmax level and gold selling are not'pay to win' features now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Until the advent of Garrisons pretty much every server's economy was built on the materials farmed by bots.
    right, I remember thinking at the time that garrisons were aimed directly at bots. tokens came a bit later and seem to be the same, with a profit kicker for blizz.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, they are already banning them ?

Also, why don't they create an algorithm that scans the inputs transmitted to the game researching for repeated pattern, button pressed at the same intervals, or characters logged for more than 20h days consecutively ? I mean I assume even a beginner (a REAL programmer) can pull this without affecting gameplay by a single fps or ms.

Deleted
    That lacks perspective of the size of farming people do. A single garrison will do about 1/10,000th of what 1 botter will do in ore farming or flower farming. Not only that, but most people completely abandoned farming their garrisons for ore, flowers or even soulbound mats after a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    examples are instantmax level and gold selling are not'pay to win' features now.
    I'm pretty sure most people that think about it believe it is because it's technically impossible to not be (you pay, you become more powerful than others that payed for less in less time). It's just that many people are polite and don't say anything.

That lacks perspective of the size of farming people do. A single garrison will do about 1/10,000th of what 1 botter will do in ore farming or flower farming. Not only that, but most people completely abandoned farming their garrisons for ore, flowers or even soulbound mats after a while.
    Hence the use of the words "Until the advent of Garrisons..." the raw gold output of Garrisons and the neutering of many professions means that the need for farming is significantly lessened compared to previous expansions.

Deleted
    Hence the use of the words "Until the advent of Garrisons..." the raw gold output of Garrisons and the neutering of many professions means that the need for farming is significantly lessened compared to previous expansions.
    I argue that we exaggerate the output of Garrisons there. I understand that most players think the opposite because they never farmed anything and now the game made it too easy to them. But in the big picture, that's still small-time farming, plus most players seem to have abandoned using their garrisons for the efficient generation of mats, especially ore and herbs.

Blizzard have banned me for just mentioning, that I started to play Wow on private server. Why shouldn't they ban somebody for much worse offence, like botting?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Um, yes?

It also seems that 6.5% of voters use bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard have banned me for just mentioning, that I started to play Wow on private server. Why shouldn't they ban somebody for much worse offence, like botting?
    Wow, that is actually really shitty. Was this recent?