Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So...I can just make my own "lore" threads like "Justpassing tells you lik it is!" and shitpost my headcanon all over it? Good fucking grief man, get a hobby.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    it is the darkness of the land of the dead, not the darkness of the Void. Sylvanas found him there when she committed suicide.

Arthas is beyond redemption and that is something he chose. Even characters like Illidan and Sylvanas aren't beyond redemption but he is.
    Which is a step to the Void.

I don't see a mention of redemption by me anywhere here. Champion of the Void does not sound as savior of the temple
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Darkness is death in most worlds, and also this one, undtil they came out with the chronicles book. I think that you can be very sure, that everyone who have died before this void chapter came out, have nothing to do with the void now.

Also, if it is actually true, Arthas would proberly come back as an evil dude. Even his human self was pretty ruthless and "evil".
    I disagree with him being 'evil' in life. The rest aligns with what I have said
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So...I can just make my own "lore" threads like "Justpassing tells you lik it is!" and shitpost my headcanon all over it? Good fucking grief man, get a hobby.
    Yes of course, call it whatever you want, most people use 'theory' word.

If 'seeing darkness when dying' is a step to becoming a champion of the Void, then in that case every single person who died in the WoW lore will become the Champion of the Void. Grommash, Golmash, Garrosh, Lothar, Durotan, Cho'gall, Antonidas, Anub'arak, Aedalas Blackmoore, Orgrim, Blackhand, and the list goes on and on and on and on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post

I don't see a mention of redemption by me anywhere here. Champion of the Void does not sound as savior of the temple

I disagree with him being 'evil' in life. The rest aligns with what I have said

Yes of course, call it whatever you want, most people use 'theory' word.
    The things Arthas did in Stratholme and in Northrend before his got the blade, is pretty evil Especially when he was supposed to be a paladin and the future king of a nation. You have to be realistic here. First of all, how do you think people are going to react if Arthas came back? Most people would accuse Blizzard of reusing characters, and say that they are lazy for not making something new. Others would just be confused with seeing the former Lich King, who have killed countless horde and alliance, now be the light champion.

Also when it comes to ingame characters, most would proberly kill him on sight. If he became the champion, the Forsaken would proberly kill him. Great champion he was.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I wonder how many of you "they are done with Arthas" thought the same about Illidan, Archimonde and others. They can bring liteally anything back. They do not care about lore. Lore is not the law, it is just a few lines of beautiful but meaningless text. It can be changed and reinterpeted if Blizzard decides they want to mess it up again.

1/ Yep and that happens in the end of the Nighthold raid. We'll think Gul'dan is using Illidan as a booster in order to open a bigger portal. But he's just summoning Sargeras' soul and sealing it into Illidan's body. Once we defeat Gul'Dan, Illidan will seem OK, but it's a Trojan Horse. They need him to fool us and transfer Sargeras' soul into his avatar, and Illidan is the only "Azerothian" guy that can do it (he's THE demon hunter and ex Kal'Dorei sorcerer).

2/ R.I.P Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I wonder how many of you "they are done with Arthas" thought the same about Illidan, Archimonde and others. They can bring liteally anything back. They do not care about lore. Lore is not the law, it is just a few lines of beautiful but meaningless text. It can be changed and reinterpeted if Blizzard decides they want to mess it up again.
    Illidan was treated like dogcrap during TBC, his story was thrown around and he was killed for the sake of getting killed. Writing during Vanilla and TBC was really, really, really shitty. And Archimonde is just a generic bad guy, to be honest, Kil'jeaden is much more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    If 'seeing darkness when dying' is a step to becoming a champion of the Void, then in that case every single person who died in the WoW lore will become the Champion of the Void. Grommash, Golmash, Garrosh, Lothar, Durotan, Cho'gall, Antonidas, Anub'arak, Aedalas Blackmoore, Orgrim, Blackhand, and the list goes on and on and on and on.
    ok
    The things Arthas did in Stratholme and in Northrend before his got the blade, is pretty evil Especially when he was supposed to be a paladin and the future king of a nation. You have to be realistic here. First of all, how do you think people are going to react if Arthas came back? Most people would accuse Blizzard of reusing characters, and say that they are lazy for not making something new. Others would just be confused with seeing the former Lich King, who have killed countless horde and alliance, now be the light champion.

Also when it comes to ingame characters, most would proberly kill him on sight. If he became the champion, the Forsaken would proberly kill him. Great champion he was.
    Nothin evil about it.

Light champion? I don't remember writing such a thing. VOID champion.

ok

Nothin evil about it.

C'mon dude, 'ok', really? I thought you were the one who wanted to discuss.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok

Nothin evil about it.

Why is there no evil in killing his own people, betraying the people who worked for him and fought for him, and finally killing his most loyal ally just to get revenge? You are welcome to argument against that.

And sorry! But if we are going to all dead characters, who have ended up in the void, i think that Uther or Tyrion are better choices for Void Champion. Without the power of the LK, Arthas is really not that strong. Uther would kick an un-LKempowered Arthas anyday. If you have the choice between all dead Warcraft characters, to be the Void Champion, then Arthas is not even top 5
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    C'mon dude, 'ok', really? I thought you were the one who wanted to discuss.
    I don't remember saying it. Simply to shallow reasoning to go back on it.
    Why is there no evil in killing his own people, betraying the people who worked for him and fought for him, and finally killing his most loyal ally just to get revenge? You are welcome to argument against that.

And sorry! But if we are going to all dead characters, who have ended up in the void, i think that Uther or Tyrion are better choices for Void Champion. Without the power of the LK, Arthas is really not that strong. Uther would kick an un-LKempowered Arthas anyday. If you have the choice between all dead Warcraft characters, to be the Void Champion, then Arthas is not even top 5
    greater good is the answer. he did not kill his most loyal ally.

Arthas's resume is far superior. Power of the Void is a solid replacement for the Lich King's tools. Hell, it might be even a direct upgrade,

1. Illidan's body will be used as a vessel for Sargeras spirit
    I been saying that for Months, and we will have to free him with the help of his one True Love.

Gravewalker Gie

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember saying it. Simply to shallow reasoning to go back on it.

greater good is the answer. he did not kill his most loyal ally.

Arthas's resume is far superior. Power of the Void is a solid replacement for the Lich King's tools. Hell, it might be even a direct upgrade,
    It is very canon, that frostmourne asked him if he would sacrifice anything and anybody for his revenge, and he said yes. He did willingly "kill" Muradin. Also, when Arthas burned his own ships and killed his own mercenaries, he had already won the war in Lordaeron. All he did in Northrend was in the name of vengeance.

And since the void powers would be a direct upgrade for Arthas, just think about what it would do to somebody like Uther. The greatest lightwielder to have ever lived , now the greatest user of the Power of the Void.

PS: Arthas have already changed once before. I think when it comes to stoyrytelling, it would be wierd for him to have 3 active and different faces in his life. Being the prince of Lordaeron, the LK and also the champion of the Void, would be way too much to put in a single character. Thrall is already beginning to overflow with different roles and a lot of people hate the character for it.

I like your first one. It'd explain why Gul'dan was interested.

Second one sounds lame. Arthas had a good story arc that came and passed. Only reuse villains who didn't have a proper thematic closure IMO, like Deathwing & Illidan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    1. Planet sized being in microscopic body...why not
    2. Sounds like a British Bulldog
    Well ... that didn't stop good ol' Sarg to "invade" Aegwynn and later on a Baby. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Many people speculated Illidan would return. He was a major lore figure who's expansion pack did him no justice whatsoever. He wasn't even the final boss, he wasn't the final before the final boss. He had barely any involvement in Outland's story progression other than a few quests in Shadowmoon Valley and various NPCs making mention. No solid explanation why we needed to kill him, a complete 180 in his story direction... It was just bad. I don't think Blizzard intended WoW to last so long - thus they killed their major villains early.

Whereas Arthas had great lore that had a good beginning and a solid ending. WotLK was very lore driven, probably the most lore driven expansion to date tied with MoP. He had a good story arc, like Garrosh.

Deleted
    It is very canon, that frostmourne asked him if he would sacrifice anything and anybody for his revenge, and he said yes. He did willingly "kill" Muradin. Also, when Arthas burned his own ships and killed his own mercenaries, he had already won the war in Lordaeron. All he did in Northrend was in the name of vengeance.

And since the void powers would be a direct upgrade for Arthas, just think about what it would do to somebody like Uther. The greatest lightwielder to have ever lived , now the greatest user of the Power of the Void.

PS: Arthas have already changed once before. I think when it comes to stoyrytelling, it would be wierd for him to have 3 active and different faces in his life. Being the prince of Lordaeron, the LK and also the champion of the Void, would be way too much to put in a single character. Thrall is already beginning to overflow with different roles and a lot of people hate the character for it.
    He did not kill him. Difficult to call it a victory while Mal'Ganis was alive.

Such 'greatest' lightwielder beaten by a death knight. Also an idiot and weakling who could not purge Stratholme. Not a material for a Void champion, unlike someone who bathed in the shadow powers.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. No, it isn't. The Void and the realms of the dead are completely separate.

Oh OK then, my bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    He did not kill him. Difficult to call it a victory while Mal'Ganis was alive.

Such 'greatest' lightwielder beaten by a death knight. Also an idiot and weakling who could not purge Stratholme. Not a material for a Void champion, unlike someone who bathed in the shadow powers.
    He did not really kill him, but Arthas thought he did. When he returns to his troops after getting Frostmourne, he says that Muradin is dead. Havin defeated the scourge to a point, where you have forced them to retreat to another continent is a victory. Victory does not have to mean the death of the opposing leader.

Uther, in the lore, is the greatest paladin, who ever lived. Arthas only killed him with an army of undead, so undtil Arthas was fully undead powered, Uther was stronger then him 1vs1. Uther was a proud man and a believer in the light. He would never kill the innocent, just incase they turned into undead. Going against your own king, when he does something which is wrong, is strength in my opnion.

There is no reason to believe, that Arthas, without the fusion with Ner'zhul, would be good with wielding shadow powers. The power, which he had as the Lich King, is very different then the power of the void. So again, he is the newbie here, Uther is more capeable. But again, there are proberly better candidates then Arthas and Uther. Broxigar or Medivh would be champions, who would be even more powerful.

Deleted
    Arthas is one of the greatest character of wow lore. As much as I would love to see him again, bringing him back would just spoil his story.