Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Trickle down economics work.....

...right up till the moment businesses have enough capital to fund their operations. Cutting taxes beyond that point goes into profit.

You see - businesses will only tend to expand if they see advantage in doing so. That does require money...and if the businesses pay so much tax that money isn't there, well then. They can't expand.
    This isn't quite right ...

Businesses, other than cash on hand, can also raise money via issuing shares (equity) and bonds (debt).

In fact, business are encouraged to minimize cash on hand to just enough to safely operate. All the money a business has really belongs to its shareholders. Shareholders will want their money back if you aren't doing anything worthwhile with it so they can invest elsewhere for better returns.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-03 at 12:02 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lol. Please keep going. Its getting funny now. I told you what I found wrong with it. I dont understand why this is so hard for you.
    I said it was possible, you said I was wrong. Of course, you never actually said HOW I was wrong, you merely went in a whine about it being difficult. Since you never actually showed how I was wrong, then you should retract your initial statement.

I said it was possible. Was I wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Please keep going. Its getting funny now. I told you what I found wrong with it. I dont understand why this is so hard for you.
    Here, I'll make sure my initial statement is quite clear.

It is entirely possible to start and/or go to a private university. Most people just want it to be easier, so they opt to spend other people's money, and have the government do it for them.

"wrong"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.factcheck.org/2013/11/who-holds-our-debt/

China owns under 10% of the debt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%...0%93Bliley_Act

Bill Clinton signed the end of Glass-Steagal

David Stockman was one of the main founders of Supply Side policy and when Reagan reneged on cutting military budgets, Stockman quit. I agree deficit spending is bad, which is why Im not really fond of Reagan. Supply Side policy, at least in theory is against deficit spending. Reagan and the presidents that followed just embraced the tax cut part and not the equally important match the tax cuts with reduced spending.
    People are funny. Tell me why are deficits bad? If one has a deficit their must also be a coressponding asset.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I said it was possible, you said I was wrong. Of course, you never actually said HOW I was wrong, you merely went in a whine about it being difficult. Since you never actually showed how I was wrong, then you should retract your initial statement.

I said it was possible. Was I wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Here, I'll make sure my initial statement is quite clear.

It is entirely possible to start and/or go to a private university. Most people just want it to be easier, so they opt to spend other people's money, and have the government do it for them.

"wrong"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    I listed the wrong with it. I dont see how this is hard for you to grasp, but hey, if you like arguing with yourself keep going.

I listed the wrong with it. I dont see how this is hard for you to grasp, but hey, if you like arguing with yourself keep going.
    No, you listed why it can be difficult, not what was wrong with it. Since you never actually bothered to say what was wrong with it, it seems likely that you cannot. If you cannot show why I was wrong, then you should retract your initial statement. It really is that simply. Not liking something is not the same as it being wrong.

You also continue to dodge my question.

Was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Not sure if you are serious or not.

People claim it functions as ancap but in reality it is more like anarcho primitivism combined with minarchism and coercive crime.
    How could it not be serious?

Weak federal government, strong local government, no social programs, do I really need to go on? This is what conservatives idolize in the states.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you listed why it can be difficult, not what was wrong with it. Since you never actually bothered to say what was wrong with it, it seems likely that you cannot. If you cannot show why I was wrong, then you should retract your initial statement. It really is that simply. Not liking something is not the same as it being wrong.

You also continue to dodge my question.

Was I wrong?
    Im not dodging. I explained to you exactly what I said. You are the one making assumptions and creating an argument I am not making. Please, let me know when you want to have a real discussion, this is getting old. I am very tired of repeating myself.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its amazing that you know the exact nationalities of everyone here. Its also amazing that people post news stories on a forum thats international and expect only those of a particular nation to comment on a particular nation's news.
    If it is a topic which deals with something they themselves are living under than it makes sense. But if it is not, then that makes their input mean less. Makes no difference that this is a international forum. Sure they can comment. But they will be taken less serous if they do not live here if it is a subject like say, the Second Amendment.

On topic. The "trickle down" method is working well here in Ohio. We have job growth and the governor has reduced taxes. We have a surplus in the state funds. Under the former democrat governor, we were 8 billion in the red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If it is a topic which deals with something they themselves are living under than it makes sense. But if it is not, then that makes their input mean less. Makes no difference that this is a international forum. Sure they can comment. But they will be taken less serous if they do not live here if it is a subject like say, the Second Amendment.

On topic. The "trickle down" method is working well here in Ohio. We have job growth and the governor has reduced taxes. We have a surplus in the state funds. Under the former democrat governor, we were 8 billion in the red.
    Yeah, but lets not forget all the US citizens who love to harp on whats going on in the EU, or Russia, or Asia, or the ME :P

Yeah, but lets not forget all the US citizens who love to harp on whats going on in the EU, or Russia, or Asia, or the ME :P
    I doubt Americans are that much worse than anyone else when it comes to shitposting about foreign countries. At the end of the day, we all picture ourselves "telling it like it is" about everyone else, but are shocked and appalled when someone criticizes us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I doubt Americans are that much worse than anyone else when it comes to shitposting about foreign countries. At the end of the day, we all picture ourselves "telling it like it is" about everyone else, but are shocked and appalled when someone criticizes us.
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    How could it not be serious?

Weak federal government, strong local government, no social programs, do I really need to go on? This is what conservatives idolize in the states.
    More like weak federal government and strong tribal government. There is a lot more to conservatism than capitalism and federalism. That is like saying China is a liberal idol because of a strong federal government and extensive social programs and that is a far less extreme comparison.

Im not dodging. I explained to you exactly what I said. You are the one making assumptions and creating an argument I am not making. Please, let me know when you want to have a real discussion, this is getting old. I am very tired of repeating myself.
    Was I wrong?

Simple question, yet you seem unwilling to answer it. Of course, that's not the first time, you have often dodged questions you find too difficult to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was I wrong?

Simple question, yet you seem unwilling to answer it. Of course, that's not the first time, you have often dodged questions you find too difficult to answer.
    Never dodged. I also dont feel the need to repeat my self. You have had your question answered numerous times. I dont understand why you find it so difficult. I cant help you.

Never dodged. I also dont feel the need to repeat my self. You have had your question answered numerous times. I dont understand why you find it so difficult. I cant help you.
    You just dodged again.

Was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    More like weak federal government and strong tribal government. There is a lot more to conservatism than capitalism and federalism. That is like saying China is a liberal idol because of a strong federal government and extensive social programs and that is a far less extreme comparison.
    So what you're saying is this went over your head?

You may have forgotten but the post I made about Somalia was quoting a guy calling Detroit the liberal paradise. The intention was to call out the absurdity of blaming problems on a political ideology when it was completely irrelevant to the problems of that region. Then you just didn't get the sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just dodged again.

Was I wrong?
    Wrong about what? My entire point was all the issues that can arise. Like I said dozens of times. I cant help you anymore. Please, let me know when you want a real discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So what you're saying is this went over your head?

You may have forgotten but the post I made about Somalia was quoting a guy calling Detroit the liberal paradise. The intention was to call out the absurdity of blaming problems on a political ideology when it was completely irrelevant to the problems of that region. Then you just didn't get the sarcasm.
    Oh okay sorry. I didn't know you were being sarcastic because I've heard people actually say that before.

Wrong about what? My entire point was all the issues that can arise. Like I said dozens of times. I cant help you anymore. Please, let me know when you want a real discussion.
    But something being difficult does not mean it is not possible.

I said it was possible.

Was I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    But something being difficult does not mean it is not possible.

I said it was possible.

Was I wrong?
    Want me to copy and paste what I said?