Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    As has assuredly been told to you many times already, most liberals don't like Clinton and would rather not have to vote for her, but if the alternative is Trump then they'll do it anyway because they hate him that much more.
    Trump wants to spend tens of billions of dollars on a wall that will break many American acts and laws (he'd basically have to get SCOTUS, Congress and Senate approval) that won't actually accomplish what he wants it to accomplish. This wall is pretty much the cornerstone of his entire campaign, and appeals to the xenphobes and racists.

People claim he says what's on his mind, and that's somehow a good thing, so they've begun emulating him and harassment of spanish american citizens is at all time highs.

He wants to implement a war crime that has been proven ineffective, and is one of the things that just breeds and justifies more terrorism, torture.

He'd put us at odds with Mexico, our third largest trade partner and our southern border. So these people not only want to fuck over business trading, they want to jeopardize national security.

There are many more but...

He's not a self made man. His daddy gave him so much money, and he ended up losing most of it only to have daddy bail him out. What success he has had is in having lines of clothing and other products made in China, and his buildings (like Trump tower) were made by illegal immigrant labor. He's stuffed the pockets of politicians to try and get his way, and even after sending them money has sometimes had them fail.

He bullies and harasses people to try and get his way. The few times people he has threatened to sue didn't give in, he lost BAD for harassing them. When dealing with investing, he lies about numbers to make his deals more favorable. Much of what he does to make money is borderline if not blatantly illegal, and he has declared personal bankruptcy several times.

So not only is this man a lying, corrupt, racist, hypocritical asshole, but despite all the weight he throws around, he hasn't even been successful in the relative meaning of the sense. If he weren't born to a swindler father with millions of dollars to shove his direction, he would have grown up a very meager existence as a redneck bully who worked in middle management.

There's a pretty solid reason why liberals smart people see Hillary as the lesser of two swindling shills. Her corruption is a candle next to Trump's sun-like radiance of corruption.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-05-03 at 08:58 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People claim he says what's on his mind, and that's somehow a good thing, so they've begun emulating him and harassment of spanish american citizens is at all time highs.
    The only thing at "all time highs" is the bullshit hyperbole that is spewing from the hateful progressive\liberal\democratic Left.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The thing I don't understand about people who want to vote Trump is the fact that he has ZERO political experience. None. Zip. Nada.
    Even if you love everything he stands for (ugh) and thought his platform was the best among those presented, he doesn't know how to apply any of it. At all.

Its like this: If you wanted someone to build a house for you, would you hire the guy who like "I have all the tools to build your house! I have these blueprints, and I have the workforce, all I need is for you to hire me! I've never actually built a house before, but I'm highly motivated and have a ton of ideas!"

Or do you hire the guy who is probably shady and unscrupulous, but will make sure you actually have a house when he's done? Neither option is great, but beggars can't be choosers.

TL;DR I wouldn't want to buy a pizza from a guy who hasn't made one before, let alone hire someone to run my country with 0 knowledge of how to do so.
    Your analogy, while colorful, doesn't really apply to the situation.

It's like hiring someone to build a house, yes, but not quite. It's like the choice of companies is a tried and true builder who never builds anything but what he always has built. His house will be the exact same all the time. The other builder has been doing other types of buildings, of which he has put house like features in, but he's never really built a house. Do you want exactly the same as everyone else, or do you want a new type of house that might be crap or might be the best house ever.

Americans are fed up with corruption in politics. They are fed up with seeing the rich get every break they possibly can lobby for, every tax cut they ask for, and everything they could possibly want from the government, because it is made up of people they have bought and paid for. Trump strikes me as outside this because he's not strictly a politician. His strength throughout his career has been getting OTHER people to spend their money on his ideas. Sure, those ideas didn't always pan out, but the fact is he still convinced them to back him financially. He has his own money, he is not strictly a corporation of people. People pay him just to put his name on their buildings. That takes a certain amount of tact as far as convincing people of doing things. Yes, he's not a career government politician. No, he's not presidential material. But, I can see the appeal that he generates for people. It's the wrong kind of appeal, but it's concrete in what it is. Now, look at the other side of the isle. You have two career politicians. Two on different sides of the "aisle," one of which is campaigning as not being a career politician. Sanders is generally a likable guy, and he talks a good fight. He talks like someone who hasn't been in politics. I can give sanders one thing though, he sticks to his views and he doesn't change them at the drop of a hat. Hillary will tell you it is wet if she is an umbrella salesman and it isn't raining. But if it starts actually raining, she will sell you towels and say the umbrella wasn't really needed in the first place. I've seen fish that flop around on the ground less than she does. NO ONE currently running is an ideal candidate for president. If this election doesn't scream for election reform, then i don't know what will. Maybe if the heads of the KKK and black panthers were running, people might wake up. They are sheep, and their herders are getting worse at herding them.

Wake up people, don't debate how good one candidate is to the other, throw them both away.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, nobody benefits more from a Trump candidacy than Clinton. In any other election and against any credible GOP opponent she would have little chance of winning, but given the current circumstances I don't really see any real obstacles left between her and the White House.
    She will be president. There's nothing that can stop that aside from her actually being indicted or dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, nobody benefits more from a Trump candidacy than Clinton. In any other election and against any credible GOP opponent she would have little chance of winning
    It's not like the are any more credible GOP opponents left in the nomination race.

Deleted
    Trump wants to spend tens of billions of dollars on a wall that will break many American acts and laws (he'd basically have to get SCOTUS, Congress and Senate approval) that won't actually accomplish what he wants it to accomplish. This wall is pretty much the cornerstone of his entire campaign, and appeals to the xenphobes and racists.
    Walls has trough history been proven to be quite effective at keeping people out.

Like this?

He wants to implement a war crime that has been proven ineffective, and is one of the things that just breeds and justifies more terrorism, torture.
    He changed his mind about that, showing that he is willing to learn and listen.

He'd put us at odds with Mexico, our third largest trade partner and our southern border. So these people not only want to fuck over business trading, they want to jeopardize national security.
    What business?
    Drugs, drugs and more drugs, mighty fine trade partner there alright!

He's not a self made man. His daddy gave him so much money, and he ended up losing most of it only to have daddy bail him out. What success he has had is in having lines of clothing and other products made in China, and his buildings (like Trump tower) were made by illegal immigrant labor. He's stuffed the pockets of politicians to try and get his way, and even after sending them money has sometimes had them fail.
    Fair enough.
    He's just playing the game, you think Hillary, Bernie or lying Cruz is not buying politicians?

He bullies and harasses people to try and get his way. The few times people he has threatened to sue didn't give in, he lost BAD for harassing them. When dealing with investing, he lies about numbers to make his deals more favorable. Much of what he does to make money is borderline if not blatantly illegal, and he has declared personal bankruptcy several times.
    And the others don't do that? Exploiting bankruptcy is just another way for rich people to remain rich.
    Trump has had countless of companies, few people has a perfect record.

Here's a video of hillary getting caught lying on tv.

So not only is this man a lying, corrupt, racist, hypocritical asshole, but despite all the weight he throws around, he hasn't even been successful in the relative meaning of the sense. If he weren't born to a swindler father with millions of dollars to shove his direction, he would have grown up a very meager existence as a redneck bully who worked in middle management.
    Trump recieved 1 million dollar LOAN from his father, he already was a billionaire by the time he recieved his fathers inheritance.
    He turned that 1 million into atleast 4 billion dollar and his inheritance from his father was 45mil dollar.

You expect some random guy without the $$$ can run for precidency?

There's a pretty solid reason why liberals smart people see Hillary as the lesser of two swindling shills. Her corruption is a candle next to Trump's sun-like radiance of corruption.
    Really?

She got caught stealing from the white house.
    She's been caught lying on trial many times.
    She's been caught replacing servicemen with her own friends. She lost that trial and was fined.
    Hillary care was a total fraud, costing tax payers millions of dollars. She was fined 450k dollars for dishonesty there.

There's much much more the most recent being the benghazi and email scandal.

Oh, and there is more.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/c...0000019&type=f

Soros foundation?
    Darn... Im pretty sure i heard that name before somewhere.
    Oh and.

Donald Trump fundraising $51,161,112
    Hillary Clinton fundrasing $256,406,847

Since according to you, the money goes to buy out politicians. Why do you think Hillary is the lesser of the evils?

And no, i don't believe Trump will be president, if that would happen, "accidents" would happen like when Kennedy tried to reform the Federal reserve.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-05-03 at 11:38 AM.

i dunno, it would be funny to see trump win in a Reagan-esque landslide.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Walls has trough history been proven to be quite effective at keeping people out.

And the others don't do that? Exploiting bankruptcy is just another way for rich people to remain rich.

And no, i don't believe Trump will be president, if that would happen, "accidents" would happen like when Kennedy tried to reform the Federal reserve.
    Correct. They have to be manned and maintained. But if they are, they are effective.

Yep. Which shows he can admit when he is wrong. Hillary, has doubled down on her past remarks and has never said she was wrong or even changed her mind. She even said her values are deep rooted. Which means that past stances she has taken, she still believes.

Yeah. A lot of people have heard of Babe Ruth, the home run king back when they played less games than now and with a less lively ball, he hit 714 home runs during his career. What some seem to forget is, he also led the league in strike outs.

I feel the same. No confidence he will win. The demographics of this country has changed so much under Obama.

Irrelevant, as no wall will be built.

"America, you might call this an election, but the rest of the world is viewing it as your I.Q. Test. And it's not looking good."

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    "America, you might call this an election, but the rest of the world is viewing it as your I.Q. Test. And it's not looking good."
    yea but when the rest of the world needs help for whatever reason like getting attacked by another country they ask for our help. We may not be as smart, but were pretty fucking good at killing people. And knowing my fellow countrymen are out there killing people that need killin'...well that just helps me sleep easy at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post

"Trump accuses Cruz's father of helping JFK's assassin"
    - based on reporting in the National Enquirer.

Vote President Trump if you want a candidate who will bomb Nevada to kill the space aliens and send Homeland Security
    to hunt down Bat-Boy!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you build it along your border with Germany and they advance through Belgium and into you, that results in them conquering your country and massacring the British forces that are coming to help you defend your wall, which has proven pretty apocalyptically ineffective :P

the general hasn't even started yet, a lot can change between now and then. Hillary could be too busy in court by then.

>doomsaying the end of the white race
    >"Muh sjws and politicial correctness"
    >de establishment

I want /pol/ to leave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Walls have kept raiding armies out in the past. They don't work so well on individuals who want to get across.

Like this?

Not sure what your point is. I also don't get why people find it all that hard to believe that rednecks hrassing spanish citizens going up is that hard to believe.

Source? I mean I'll believe you if you can show it, just as far as I know him and his hive mind still believe it to be effective.

What business?
    Drugs, drugs and more drugs, mighty fine trade partner there alright!
    Third largest legitimate trade partner of legitimate goods. I'm sure they would love to hear that some people in our country think their only contribution is drugs.

Fair enough.
    He's just playing the game, you think Hillary, Bernie or lying Cruz is not buying politicians?
    My responses have always been to the effect of, why the hell do people think Trump is somehow not worse than Hillary? Trump has done many things just as badly as Hillary, and others much much much worse.

Trump recieved 1 million dollar LOAN from his father, he already was a billionaire by the time he recieved his fathers inheritance.
    He turned that 1 million into atleast 4 billion dollar and his inheritance from his father was 45mil dollar.
    Nobody has a perfect record, Trump's is about as pefectly BAD as it can come.

At one point Trump was almost a billion net in debt. That's when daddy Trump stepped in to help out.

And again, he's still using Chinese manufacturing and hasn't answered anything about his usage of illegal labor here in the states.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    the general hasn't even started yet, a lot can change between now and then. Hillary could be too busy in court by then.
    There's only one candidate running who currently has a scheduled date in court: "Trump University: Donald Trump to appear in court to defend claims he defrauded thousands of students".
    Earlier this week, a court in New York allowed a multi-million dollar class action lawsuit to proceed against Mr Trump, who is accused of misleading thousands of people who paid up to $35,000 to join the so-called Trump University, learn the billionaire’s real estate investment strategies and meet him in person.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Mr Trump, the Republican frontrunner, has been named both a defence and prosecution witness in a similar class action lawsuit filed in California by other former Trump University students.
    But being involved in multiple fraud trials during the election likely won't hurt Trump's standing with his cult members.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Trump can not win. Simply not possible. Zero chance.

- - - Updated - - -

There is simply not enough white uneducated males for Trump to win.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Walls have kept raiding armies out in the past. They don't work so well on individuals who want to get across.

And again, he's still using Chinese manufacturing and hasn't answered anything about his usage of illegal labor here in the states.
    They have and can reduce the flow of people into areas they are not suppose to be. 100% reduction? of course not.

Those are illegal laborers? Never read anything about them being illegal. Or is this a opinion of some legal lawyers, yet there is not enough grounds to take him to court over it?

A nation of 300 million and the choice is between Trump and the wife of an ex-president. What the fuck, America?

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    From a political point of view this wouldn't improve the republican's chances, if not makes it harder for them to win. Legally if Clinton is the nominee and she is indicted (which she won't anyone who thinks this going to happen is a fool) then her running mate becomes the presidential nominee for the democrats.