Last night I had a dream I ran into a Dev in the supermarket and we discussed Arms. He told me not to worry, they were going to change CS to a 30 sec cooldown, change Tactician to a 20% chance to reset CS on MS, Execute or Slam crits, and make Trauma and Overpower baseline and replace those talents with things that synergized with Overpower.

I asked him about class fantasy, and he said: "the idea is you attack your opponent, they parry/block/dodge, which makes you angry (rage generation), but eventually you see an opening (CS) or make one with a crit (Tactician), and you dump all that rage into brutal attacks during that opening." We also talked about the possibility of Slam changing into costing 15 rage baseline and up to 45 rage, and having a higher chance to reset CS when used with more rage. He was excited about this.

I'm not sure where these ideas came from or if they make any sense for the spec - they're not ideas I've had before and were probably just my brain trying to piece together disassociated ideas in my head. After all, the Bliz employee was working secretly at the supermarket, which was empty, and there was no food for sale, so don't read too much into any of this.

Just thought I'd share to prove that I've been reading these forums WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    change CS to a 30 sec cooldown, change Tactician to a 20% chance to reset CS on MS, Execute or Slam crits, and make Trauma and Overpower baseline and replace those talents with things that synergized with Overpower.
    While thematically the idea of critting putting your foe off balance to allow for a followup attack which breaches their defenses (CS) is an interesting idea, this is actually worse than what we have now due to the reliance on crit.

It would either need a greatly increased crit chance to account for the 20% chance on crit, or it would need to be a 100% chance to proc with the base amount of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you think their videos have any more influence on the state of design than the rest of us you're sorely mistaken.

• Bajheera rarely ever says bad things about design. He's overly positive, which isn't a bad thing, but he's rarely analytical. Of course, I'm perfectly fine with him giving PvP feedback, as that's what he excels at, but I don't want him near PvE, just like he likely wouldn't want me suggesting PvP changes.
    • Asmongold is seen as a troll. He's the opposite of Bajheera; while he actually has valid points, the way he presents them is regarded as a joke, and that doesn't exactly make people sit up and listen to him.
    • FatBoss and Preach are far too disconnected with the state of Warriors to be accurate. No offence to them, they're smart people, they simply aren't familiar enough with Warriors for anything but surface impression. Add FinalBoss to that list as well.
    • I don't even know who Bellular or Heelvs are, and that alone should tell you something.

Look back over half that list and ask yourself, do you really want people who aren't Warriors giving Warrior feedback? Sure, it might be useful if they say exactly what the Warriors want, but I can tell you from experience that rarely happens.
    How about a FinalBoss 'interview' with you and/or Sarri? I don't think he's done one on alpha Warriors yet.

I've been keeping up with baj and asmongold forever now, and baj has said that arms isn't even playable and just does 'neat lil fury fun' videos while saying "this is more like a completed spec should be"
    And asmongold just said arms is shit and didn't even acknowledge it exists.
    Although they aren't breaking it down bit by bit, they've made it clear how they feel and many are aware of it.
    I personally would go to evylyn to see how arms does in pvp and the SADDEST thing i saw was him dueling a demon hunter who just fucking jumped and flew out of his bladestorm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    How about a FinalBoss 'interview' with you and/or Sarri? I don't think he's done one on alpha Warriors yet.
    We've done a number of them, and I can tell you the overriding opinion is: nobody cares. The developers already know our thoughts, and have disregarded them, Bays viewers repeating them won't change anything, especially given that the majority of them won't have access to the feedback forums to begin with.

His interviews are fan service. It's a chance for his viewers to hear the opinions of well respected or (in my case) known theorycrafters, but it does little to influence the state of design. Unless there were a unprecedentedly massive outcry over whatever we said, which due to the laws of apathy would never happen, it simply wouldn't accomplish anything.

Add to the fact that it's already late in the design process, and they aren't likely to change their minds now. Yes, on the one hand we still have three months, but believe it or not, that's actually not a whole lot of time for development, with the large amount of other considerations that need to be taken care of during that time (not the least of which tuning).

I'm not saying nothing could change, it's just not likely to, and an interview on a relatively minor outlet isn't likely to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Last night I had a dream I ran into a Dev in the supermarket and we discussed Arms. He told me not to worry, they were going to change CS to a 30 sec cooldown, change Tactician to a 20% chance to reset CS on MS, Execute or Slam crits, and make Trauma and Overpower baseline and replace those talents with things that synergized with Overpower.
    I don't like all of these, but I love the idea of SOMETHING happening to the spec, based purely on the fact that nearly everyone hates it. I hope your information is either correct, or something similarly drastic is. Arms is no longer fixable by one or two number tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't like all of these, but I love the idea of SOMETHING happening to the spec, based purely on the fact that nearly everyone hates it. I hope your information is either correct, or something similarly drastic is. Arms is no longer fixable by one or two number tweaks.
    I don't want something happening for the sake of something happening.

Many suggestions that keep getting flung around here, on the alpha forums, twitter, and everywhere else are similar to the example above: It doesn't really change anything. Sure, it might make a little more sense from a thematic standpoint, but it doesn't address any of the actual problems with the spec.

I could give two fucks less if the spec made more sense, I just want it to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want something happening for the sake of something happening.
    Well, nothing happening is unacceptable.

Get used to it buddy.

But in all seriousness, I don't agree. Changing something that doesn't solve anything is superfluous.

Welcome to warrior where the mechanics are made up and the feedbacks dont matter
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

His interviews are fan service. It's a chance for his viewers to hear the opinions of well respected or (in my case) known theorycrafters, but it does little to influence the state of design. Unless there were a unprecedentedly massive outcry over whatever we said, which due to the laws of apathy would never happen, it simply wouldn't accomplish anything.
    What do you mean with "in my case", do you mean I'm not well respected, or that I'm not a theorycrafter, either way, your words are hurtful!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Either way make a interview happen fellow Warriors

They did quite a few interviews through WoD, both on class design, set bonuses, the ring.

Informative for a lot of players, but it's not going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    They did quite a few interviews through WoD, both on class design, set bonuses, the ring..
    Are you talking about the Lore interview where they cherry-picked "Why Whirlwind?"

Frankly I'd take nothing over chance on crit any day.

Are you talking about the Lore interview where they cherry-picked "Why Whirlwind?"
    Nah, Archi and Sarri both did a few player interviews over the course of the expansion with the different fan service sites.

Look.

The simple fact of the matter is, based on WoD and the recent happenings with Legion. Nothing that is said or done will aid Warrior going into Legion. If anything, its just as likely to make things worse as it is to make things better, if not more so, given blizzards track record with the class.

It's over. What we have is whats here to stay. Just need to learn to deal with it (and reroll if you intend to pvp) and dread what stupid decisions will be made next expansion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

They did quite a few interviews through WoD, both on class design, set bonuses, the ring.

Informative for a lot of players, but it's not going to change anything.
    Well every bit helps, IMO. If nothing else, maybe it will be taken into consideration for the next expansion after Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    Well every bit helps, IMO. If nothing else, maybe it will be taken into consideration for the next expansion after Legion...
    Funny, we said that in WoD.

Funny, we said that in WoD.
    Except for the part were WoD Arms was actually a train wreck, and Legion Arms is just an "Ok" spec.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.