Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

[Megathread] Battleborn

Hey guys Battleborn releases tonight (May 2nd) and I figured I would make a thread for it.

I am getting it tomorrow afternoon. So how is everyone enjoying the game so far or how are you not enjoying it

Battleborn tap (Mobile Game Trailer)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-03 at 01:04 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

the beta was interesting, my best moment was punching the minigun giant with the four armed magic caster from 100% to zero just juggling him in the air. but the actual shooting sounds lackluster, the different fighting styles and the abilities are fun but the soft ping of bullets make it feel like they have less impact than they do

- - - Updated - - -

also the ai character that you unlock from the story mission is OP in turret mode...so many kills with that thing

Deleted
    Liked it much more than over-rated-watch, but I'm neither the shooter nor the moba type of player. So I'm waiting for a steam sale grab. Can't be long since Blizzard somehow managed it to completely overshadow it with their own game, sadly.

Have fun guys, it'a a great game.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my way to pick it up along with a second controller.

I played a few mission on hardcore advance mode with a few friend to unlock character,surprisingly I actually enjoy the story mode(since I got the game for pvp,didn't really think much the pve mode in the beta),was pretty glad to see the borderland humor is in the game.it's a pretty fun game

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    I played a few mission on hardcore advance mode with a few friend to unlock character,surprisingly I actually enjoy the story mode(since I got the game for pvp,didn't really think much the pve mode in the beta),was pretty glad to see the borderland humor is in the game.it's a pretty fun game
    Ya I'm looking forward to playing it later. The pve seems fight and the fights kinda remind me of MMO boss fights.

New Trailer and it seems its for a mobile version.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

didn't even know about this hehe,could use this to kill time when Im on the train =p

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    didn't even know about this hehe,could use this to kill time when Im on the train =p
    Ya I didn't know ether. I guess they just annouced it.

Maybe a mod can link the other battleborn thread here, there were some good discussions going on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving playing Caldarius. The mobility is amazing.

Loving the game and I highly enjoy playing as Orendi.

I will say tho that it feels like SP is tuned for more then one person. I did the spider boss and I had to kind abuse the AI to get the posion gas to come out in phase 2. I had to run around him so fast he couldn't keep up then stand on the platform. If I did it any sooner he could kill me before I set it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The characters on this game are so damn fun and diverse.

Yeah i agree with the notion that missions as solo are a bit tough. Heck i haven't managed to find a group that can finish "The Saboteur" yet. The last defense portion there is mental.

- - - Updated - - -

At least doesn't seem to have as many glitches as Division.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    The characters on this game are so damn fun and diverse.

Yeah i agree with the notion that missions as solo are a bit tough. Heck i haven't managed to find a group that can finish "The Saboteur" yet. The last defense portion there is mental.

- - - Updated - - -

At least doesn't seem to have as many glitches as Division.
    Totally agree lol.

If you or anyone else is on Ps4 and wants to group just hit me up. My user is Jtbrig7390 just let me know in a message who you are.

In multiplayer story mode I like playing as the sniper Marquis, didn't get a chance to do the moba in beta due to time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    In multiplayer story mode I like playing as the sniper Marquis, didn't get a chance to do the moba in beta due to time.
    I personally recommend anyone to check it out. If you want more story mode that will cost $20 (Season Pass) but if not you will get all the multiplayer content without extra cost.

I am quite enjoying it personally. It will hold me over until I get overwatch and then ill be busy playing both. Orendi fucken kills me I swear LOL.

I kinda enjoy unlocking the charaters as well since it gives you something to do.

The singleplayer mode really shouldn't exist, mostly because not all characters can do it. Marquis is a sniper and does amazingly well through 90% of the solo but sucks butt in boss battles and 10% of the board like when escourting the giant robot to seal the rift and the little exploding face huggers are constantly spawning and you have to run through them to complete the mission. You can definately beat it with most characters but not all. I beat the spider boss with montana by getting the skill where the hotter the gun is the more health I regen so I had to stand there reving the gun while activating the circle to get the boss to the next phase while boss tried to kill me, can't do that with Marquis.

Some people like to play solo, I get that, but since the game can't be balanced around every character in single mode they should of dropped it and just made the game multiplayer.

BB is also not getting good play on twitch, 200 viewers total among all streamers. Streaming this game could be career suicide on Twitch. The Stream house was doing this game for a bit on twitch and they all liked the game, said it performed smoothly but the interest just doesn't seem to be there among the gaming population. The commercials were a good move on TV but most gamers not knowing the game exists seems to be an advertisement department failure.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-04 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Goddammmmmmmn, I want to get stuck into this. But raid night, and this weekend is the Overwatch/Paragon beta, why is everyone doing this to me????

10+ Year Old Account
    Game is fun but its definitely flying under the radar. Mainly because of Overwatch. It was a shame they delayed the game to may because had it launched in February it would have gotten more traction and sales.

My hope is that sheer word of mouth will actually steadily increase sales/viewers/players.

It would be a shame to see a new interesting IP such as this fizzle out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure how @DeadmanWalking is counting streamers. Just quickly checked and one streamer alone has almost 3000 watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Game is fun but its definitely flying under the radar. Mainly because of Overwatch. It was a shame they delayed the game to may because had it launched in February it would have gotten more traction and sales.

My hope is that sheer word of mouth will actually steadily increase sales/viewers/players.

It would be a shame to see a new interesting IP such as this fizzle out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure how @DeadmanWalking is counting streamers. Just quickly checked and one streamer alone has almost 3000 watching.
    Angry Joe was streaming it last night so the number is definitely off

I'm enjoying it so far mainly playing story solo with Montana the wave defense mission was rough I got through the level without dying on normal but I can see a lot of characters struggling with it who lack the sustained damage and tankiness he has. I tried one pvp match which went well I much prefer this pace to the headless chicken COD rubbish. Hopefully the game does grow I remember the original Borderlands releasing without much fanfare either it just blew up as word got round to how good it was (Didn't hurt that the DLC was excellent).

This game is hugely fun. I chose it over overwatch because it does have story missions and pve group play. The story missions feel like a great difficulty. They are difficult enough to make you want to do them, but not impossible. Playing on PC if anyone wants to add me. Tag is Fashir