Poll: Warcraft movie: YAY or NAY?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's probably going to suck with that PG13 rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    It's probably going to suck with that PG13 rating.
    Did you see the clip of that orc snapping the footmans neck?

Im not too worried about the PG13 rating

OT: Yes, i will see it. im pretty hyped actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Looks shit, but I feel obligated.

"Oh look human and orc warriors and paladins, the most boring possible factions and characters in the whole universe."
    Orcs are probably the most complex and diverse.

What did you want them to do, jump straight into Warcraft3?

Deleted
    Only if early reviews are generally positive. I tend to trust Mark Kermode's film reviews for BBC Radio5Live so I'll be interested to hear his thoughts (among others).

If a film studio churns out crap with a big franchise/name attached (e.g. Star Wars prequels, Alien vs Predator, Batman vs Superman) then by paying to see it at the cinema I'm telling them that I'm ok with them continuing to produce crap movies in the franchises I love.

I believe that these franchises are great storytelling settings and it is a shame to see them put to waste like they so often are. By not going it means that perhaps next time, things will be better (if enough people do likewise).

Deadpool, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars: VII, Batman Begins - Dark Knight - Dark Knight Rises etc. are proof that franchise movies can be great movies.

So, the genre & the setting definitely have me hoping it is a good movie but I won't bother if the reviews are poor. If they are middling or extremely varied I'll probably go decide for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
    Did you see the clip of that orc snapping the footmans neck?

Im not too worried about the PG13 rating

OT: Yes, i will see it. im pretty hyped actually.
    yea they forgot how to rip humans apart in favour or PG13 friendly bone breaking :P

My birthday weekend, but no, i probably won't. Looks kinda bad, but i'll see it on Netflix over the end of year holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah me and a bunch of friends want to go and see it because we all played or are still playing WoW. It was a huge part of our high school years and it was like all we talked about back then. Was good times. But yeah anyway we're all kind of excited about it. It's also right around the time of my birthday.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'm planning to watch it the day it releases, but I don't expect much of it. The trailers haven't impressed me so far, and holy shit their poster designs and their music choices are beyond terrible. But then again, I've been a Warcraft fan since WC2 and I've been waiting for a movie since TBC when they first announced it. And I want a sequel till we get to the Arthas story, badly.

Deleted
    I guess at some point ill download or stream it.

That way I can at least fast-worward the nonsense, watch the decent parts or just decide to stop watching at any point.

not at the movies.. i can't stand being in a theater with other people. but after that i'm sure i'll watch it.

Yes. I want to see in the theater as well. i'm not expecting it to be killer awesome, I'm a realist I know how rare it is for a game -> movie translation to be actually good. But my expectation is that its at least "decent"....pretty much it HAS to be much better than the awful Dungeons and Dragons movie from several years back.

I'll go one further with the only exception being that its god awful super horrible terribad....I will buy it the moment its out on UHD BluRay (now that the players are available).

I'll probably go see it, I think it looks halfway decent, and worth the $8 bucks

I'm not sure any of the poll options reflect my views.

I'm going to see it. I have waited forever for a Warcraft movie. I remember talking about the rumors with my friend all the way back to possibly Burning Crusade. Warcraft itself has been a large part of my life and I'm definitely going to see it.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the movie is going to be bad. Like, I'm not hyped for the movie at all, it just seems like something I need to do after waiting for it for so long. So me and my friends who also grew up on Warcraft are going to see it and possibly shit talk the hell out of it. At the very least we get to come out of it with some really cool transmog weapons.

Yeah, when the dvd comes out, i'm in no hurry whatsoever. The movie looks cheap and poorly acted, i'll watch it eventually because im a warcraft fan though.

I don't even want to watch short cut scenes.

Of course. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks for the excitement to die down before I go (I don't like crowded theaters), but I'm planning on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heck yes, especially with rewards possible.

The better this one does, the better chance for a better one.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will probably see it towards the end of June. Got a long weekend and I'll spend the extra cash to see it at a quality theatre.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Personally very interested in seeing it. It looks decent to me, I don't see a lot of movies though and am not exactly a hard critic of them. I enjoy the warcraft universe so I don't see why I won't enjoy this.

Yes it looks amazing people hating on it is generally blizzard haters with a blind rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.