Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm proud to be one of them.

All this does is open the doors (hah) to creeps and for what? So that a tiny minority can feel better about themselves?

A prime example of the kind of minority pandering that is absolutely toxic and vile.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-05-03 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The reality is the people that this law is intended for already use the women's restroom. And the universe hasn't exploded.
    EXACTLY! I would venture a guess that most of us have shared a public restroom with a trans-person. We didnt know it because they dont go walking around telling people about it. These laws are not enforceable in that, baring a genital check, you dont know if the person sitting in the stall next to you has a penis or not. And I would go one better, unless that person is being creepy (trying to look over into your stall. point a camera under the stall..etc), you wouldnt care or notice that person.

These laws are the perfect definition of a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

All this does is open the doors (hah) to creeps and for what? So that a tiny minority can feel better about themselves?

A prime example of the kind of minority pandering that is absolutely toxic and vile.
    Open what doors? Please tell me of instances where people have dressed like the opposite sex to sneak into the bathrooms to do something other then use the facility. Show me instances where grown men have "dressed" as women and gone in to try to sexually assault little girls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Open what doors? Please tell me of instances where people have dressed like the opposite sex to sneak into the bathrooms to do something other then use the facility. Show me instances where grown men have "dressed" as women and gone in to try to sexually assault little girls?
    It doesn't matter though -- because I'm sure out there somewhere someone has done it.

People aren't going to wait for a law to legally enter the restroom to then commit an illegal act. It's pants-on-head stupid to think that's what is stopping people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Not like we are missing much. Target is overpriced anyways.

Why pay more for less?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Not like we are missing much. Target is overpriced anyways.

Why pay more for less?
    Ah yes, blaming them for your own financial short-comings, like a good gubmint moocher would.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Ah yes, blaming them for your own financial short-comings, like a good gubmint moocher would.
    Why would you pay more for something at Target when you can go next door and buy the same products for less?

Can you give a good answer to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

This transgender identity bullshit is just that.

Bullshit.

You were born with what you were born with. Get over it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Why would you pay more for something at Target when you can go next door and buy the same products for less?

Can you give a good answer to that?
    So are you saying there isn't any diversity in quality and price? Maybe we should only have one company produce all the products and set the prices since they are all the same right? Better yet, you would love for the government to produce all the products since there isn't any difference in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    I've hiked the Appalacian trail too. When I use that type of restroom, my husband stands guard.
    Thats pointless really, plenty of single ladies out there, some quite tiny and non-intimidating, nothing happens and everybody is polite from what i have seen and heard from many female friends. Im pretty sure anybody can decide someplace is dangerous if their paranoid delusions make it that way in their head, and we have a lot of that going around these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Good.

This transgender identity bullshit is just that.

Bullshit.

Yes, transgender conversions and operations are a liberal left SJW conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

That social experiment? Where the dude put in zero effort, beard was still easily noticeable, and wore a cheap Halloween wig and said he was "trans". That isn't what a transwoman tends to look like, or anywhere near it unless we are talking day one of HRT here. >.>
    Not sure it might of been it was a while ago,

I'm not exactly sure what position you think your in to say what a transgender person will look like to be honest. I'd imagine some people will make a complete effort to blend in and others will want to flaunt it, I think thats a safe assumption as it covers both ends of the spectrum.

Regardless how much effort this man put into it, the reactions around him and genuine reactions. I don't see why his effort should have any relation to this argument?

7+ Year Old Account
    So are you saying there isn't any diversity in quality and price? Maybe we should only have one company produce all the products and set the prices since they are all the same right? Better yet, you would love for the government to produce all the products since there isn't any difference in quality.
    Or, I could just go to a cheaper store and buy the same product for less. Y'know, so I have more money for other things.

I think I will do that. Sorry Target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Where in the transgender rulebook does it say you have to look like a woman to call yourself one? I'm pretty sure any average joe could walk into a women's restroom and if he's called out he can just say "I identify as a woman."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, transgender conversions and operations are a liberal left SJW conspiracy.
    Where did I say that?

To be fair most of the people defending this nonsense are liberal left SJW's.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Where in the transgender rulebook does it say you have to look like a woman to call yourself one? I'm pretty sure any average joe could walk into a women's restroom and if he's called out he can just say "I identify as a woman."
    And? Perving on other bathroom users is already against the law, regardless of your sexual organ. Using the "wrong" bathroom wasn't against the law before, either, it was merely impolite. There are no "new" opportunities for harassment created by this policy.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say that?

You were born with, what you were born with. We live in a time where you can have something else than what you were born with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Not sure it might of been it was a while ago,

I'm not exactly sure what position you think your in to say what a transgender person will look like to be honest. I'd imagine some people will make a complete effort to blend in and others will want to flaunt it, I think thats a safe assumption as it covers both ends of the spectrum.

Regardless how much effort this man put into it, the reactions around him and genuine reactions. I don't see why his effort should have any relation to this argument?
    My argument there is, to claim this is a "social experiment of a transwoman in a restroom" and not even use a real transwoman, not to mention a caricature of a transwoman, is absolutely silly. I spend quite a lot of time with LGBT people in Charlotte and Raleigh and deal a shit ton with the crap people say about LGBT people, and what he did was akin to showing an almost naked gay dude at a pride parade and saying this is what all gay men are like and arguing against some form of gay rights.

If that isn't the social experiment video you were talking about, I apologize, but that is the only one where anyone reacts negatively that I've seen. Every video with a transwoman in it is just people going in and coming out and not making a single fuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Hormone therapy kinda makes a difference in the average Joe and a trans person. Most will be on hormone therapy if not all. HRT is the biggest factor in appearance changing, so there will be a huge difference in "a random dude" and a trans person, unless we want to talk about very, very, very early HRT trans people here.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-05-03 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Good.
    This transgender identity bullshit is just that. Bullshit.
    And society overall is shifting towards a much more open-minded approach when it comes to this topic. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    And? Perving on other bathroom users is already against the law, regardless of your sexual organ. Using the "wrong" bathroom wasn't against the law before, either, it was merely impolite. There are no "new" opportunities for harassment created by this policy.
    If someone peaks in the stall to the point I can see their eyes, be it a man or woman, I'm reporting them to the store. Peeping tom laws are equal opportunity.

Where in the transgender rulebook does it say you have to look like a woman to call yourself one?
    When people look in the mirror they want to see an image that reflects how they identify. It goes to the psychological healthiness of the person. Ttransgender people will want to fit in and dress how they identify. SO...if they identify as a woman, they will undergo the treatments to look more like a woman. A transgender male (i dont know if I have the terms the right way) who identifies as a woman will continue to dress as a male until they get to a point in which they could pass as a woman, at that point they will then use the womens facilities (and vice versa).

I'm pretty sure any average joe could walk into a women's restroom and if he's called out he can just say "I identify as a woman."
    Yes, and that could happen now, it could happen last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. This law "Targets" transgender people, as though they are pedophiles and sexual predators, when instead they are just people who want to go about their lives as everyone else. A transgender man who looks like a woman using a womans room goes unnoticed, if that same person was forced to use a mens room, it would be out of place and awkward for everyone involved.

- - - Updated - - -

I am far from that, just look at my post history.