Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is not a great thing.. it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Instead of returning to a lower level area after reaching max level and farming cloth, items, etc... it will be like farming same level mobs... tedious and devoid of any fun.

Imagine if they decide to do this worldwide... going to a level 60 area to farm runecloth and taking a minute each mob? No thanks... this expansion is so farked.
    Well, it was quite usual that you got better farm loot from higher level mobs in the expansion - like, more cloth drops, more elemental particles, more leather, more lucrative greys etc. For farming, you still had the advantage in killing max level or near max level mobs. In WoD, you even had to go for elites for the best things (like getting Savage Blood only by skinning elites or caging them). As long as such item drops scale with the level of the mobs, I am fine.

What will be making an impact is surely the ration of "kills per time" because even if you see some progress by gearing and developing your artifact, there is a fixed ratio of your crit percentage which depends on your level and the level of the mob. So, you will only increase your crit chance if you upgrade your gear with crit, but not much with your level (as long as we get to keep the usual formula with this concept).

I think that questing will be slower overall. I don't mind that for my main characters that much, when the quests are accompanied by cool or funny or however flavoured good stories. I hope, my alts will benefit from rested XP and such. I also wonder if and when heirloom upgrades will be available and how costly they will be. I am quite an altoholic. :3

Deleted
    It is not a great thing.. it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Instead of returning to a lower level area after reaching max level and farming cloth, items, etc... it will be like farming same level mobs... tedious and devoid of any fun.

Imagine if they decide to do this worldwide... going to a level 60 area to farm runecloth and taking a minute each mob? No thanks... this expansion is so farked.
    Yeah imagine farming stuff in Vale of Eternal Blossoms in MoP, so hard and time-consuming.

Interested in trying it out myself. I loved how the world always felt like a threat in Skyrim, at least until you decked out in the strongest gear. It's also a little strange how frogs in Talador are a bigger threat then bears in Grizzly Hills, so the sense of 'getting stronger as you level' hasn't really been part of the aesthetic for a long time. It doesn't seem like that's anything that will be taken away, at least.

If this were hypothetically applied to all of WoW, you could quest in any zone at any level. It would instantly make the world feel more accessible.
    Horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, it was quite usual that you got better farm loot from higher level mobs in the expansion - like, more cloth drops, more elemental particles, more leather, more lucrative greys etc. For farming, you still had the advantage in killing max level or near max level mobs. In WoD, you even had to go for elites for the best things (like getting Savage Blood only by skinning elites or caging them). As long as such item drops scale with the level of the mobs, I am fine.

What will be making an impact is surely the ration of "kills per time" because even if you see some progress by gearing and developing your artifact, there is a fixed ratio of your crit percentage which depends on your level and the level of the mob. So, you will only increase your crit chance if you upgrade your gear with crit, but not much with your level (as long as we get to keep the usual formula with this concept).

I think that questing will be slower overall. I don't mind that for my main characters that much, when the quests are accompanied by cool or funny or however flavoured good stories. I hope, my alts will benefit from rested XP and such. I also wonder if and when heirloom upgrades will be available and how costly they will be. I am quite an altoholic. :3
    The good thing about current system is that they can add new LEVELING content to the zone to satisfy altholics (new content to do with alts while leveling) and max level characters can fully experienced that content with 110 level mobs and rewards.

You can even group up with those alts and everyone will see they own damage/health bar on mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I mean in MoP I barely touched half the zones because I was like 83½ when I left Jade Forest.
    seems legit leaving an 85 zone at 83.5.

The idea is to make every zone relevant from 100 to 110. Problem is when you gain a level you're weaker as long as you don't get new stuff.

Even if you return to a zone to farm you're vastly more powerful than the mobs at 110. Especially with gear and artifact power.

You wreck most mobs during the leveling process and you'll wreck them even harder if you return to farm.

If it takes you a minute to kill a mob I'd have to say you're doing something very, very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah imagine farming stuff in Vale of Eternal Blossoms in MoP, so hard and time-consuming.
    well it's not it's only legion that will scale, you'll never have known the mobs to not be your level so there's no shock to adjust to they will always be your level and always be of some challenge instead of a joke.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is not going to be noticeably slower than in recent xpacs.

I mentioned this already in a different post this morning, but my shaman is very near L106 and hes not even a third of the way through his second leveling zone. The only reason i have not long since reached L110 is because A) i dont play much, and B) Im spreading my time around multiple characters.

If i had to guess id say i spent maybe 12-15 hours playing my L106 character, but much of that is spent just fucking about. Once youve played through on one char and know what you are doing, i dont imagine it will take more than a weekend at best to hit L110 at even a moderate pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Leveling is not going to be noticeably slower than in recent xpacs.

I mentioned this already in a different post this morning, but my shaman is very near L106 and hes not even a third of the way through his second leveling zone. The only reason i have not long since reached L110 is because A) i dont play much, and B) Im spreading my time around multiple characters.

If i had to guess id say i spent maybe 12-15 hours playing my L106 character, but much of that is spent just fucking about. Once youve played through on one char and know what you are doing, i dont imagine it will take more than a weekend at best to hit L110 at even a moderate pace.
    Just doing quests it'll take you 12-15 hours to 110.

I enjoy grinding and farming, but I know that it isn't really "fun", just soothing to me in a way. I imagine for practically 99% of everyone else though that farming is never fun.

Also at lvl 60 nothing takes a minute to kill, but I guess exaggeration was the only way to get your nonexistent point across. Mobs at 60, when you are 60, take 4 seconds to kill for most classes.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    If I level and the mobs level at same time or when I log out and in again then whats the point of having leveling? why not have everyone go to max level then.
    What is the point of having leveling as it is now?
    I outlevel the mobs of shadowmoon, yey good for me, i am never gonna do anything with those mobs, i am gonna skip them as i would do if they had the same level i do, so i see no difference.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    If I level and the mobs level at same time or when I log out and in again then whats the point of having leveling? why not have everyone go to max level then.
    Leveling is better than "the alternative."
    Levels are a common device that in Legion, feels arbitrary in theory due to the whole level scaling business. What it does do though is that while questing, levels give you access to higher level item level drops while questing, killing mobs, finding treasures, etc. It also allows the narrative of the story to be told.
    Imagine an expansion where endgame content was gated by XYZ, like Legion/Draenor pathfinder. Players would flip.
    Or imagine an expansion where endgame content wasn't gated at all. Many players are reward-centric these days, and story is secondary. Enabling them would likely damage the quality of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    The idea is to make every zone relevant from 100 to 110. Problem is when you gain a level you're weaker as long as you don't get new stuff.
    they already said mobs won't level up until you see a loading screen/log out/reach 50% exp bar, so it won't happen instantly you have time to gain some gear which happens all the time when questing.

of course if you're in full hfc mythic 2/2 gear you will get weaker each level but you're already massively overgeared for the content anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    they already said mobs won't level up until you see a loading screen/log out/reach 50% exp bar, so it won't happen instantly you have time to gain some gear which happens all the time when questing.

of course if you're in full hfc mythic 2/2 gear you will get weaker each level but you're already massively overgeared for the content anyway.
    Yeah, and even if you are full hfc mythic they've changed stat scaling so that the conversions dont go up nearly as high so that players dont feel as weak while leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I completely agree with this. Leveling is contrived but its the easiest way for them to reboot player power without things getting messy and confusing.
    It also serves as a means to tell a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    It doesn't take that long to kill them, and they are set to a specific value when at whatever level. So as your gear increases, they will become easier and easier to kill.
    Yes of course... but still not as easy as say, returning to SMV and farming wolves for sumptuous fur. Because instead of being level 91.. they are level 100 no increase in loot just more time and tedious farming.

I think one of WoW's biggest mistakes--and this problem is with the player, too--is the need to constantly increase levels every expansions. Instead of developing a bigger world with more things to do and cooler systems and choices for players ... it's just content to be exhausted and ignore.

Why not add new quests in old zones? New stories? Events. Etc.

MMOs could be really cool and fun. If we got out of the mindset that every thing you do needs to make your character's numbers get bigger, there could be entire worlds to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

It'll be about 105-106 that you will start seeing upgrades to the MHFC 2/2 gear potentially. Set bonuses will mess with that a bit and the trinkets will probably still prove ridiculous over the ones you get while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    It'll be about 105-106 that you will start seeing upgrades to the MHFC 2/2 gear potentially. Set bonuses will mess with that a bit and the trinkets will probably still prove ridiculous over the ones you get while leveling.
    for most they will need a 3rd trinket otherwise leveling trinkets will certainly replace class trinkets which will probably fall in %'s to useless numbers.