Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I really don't see how it's better to have artifact weapons that didn't exist before Legion rather than artifact weapons that are actually established in lore, even if not everyone knows about them.
    Because up until (and including) Legion, Shalamayne belonged to a Faction leader. That's a pretty massive argument against it, whether you want to accept it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Because up until (and including) Legion, Shalamayne belonged to a Faction leader. That's a pretty massive argument against it, whether you want to accept it or not.
    Thrall was a faction leader too at one point

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see how it's better to have artifact weapons that didn't exist before Legion rather than artifact weapons that are actually established in lore, even if not everyone knows about them.
    When you make something new, you start out with a clean slate. You don't risk end up ramming into some already pre-set expectations to the weapen, and you can make lore, that fits perfectly to the ability of the weapen and its connection to the world. The problems you meet with taking an already ingame weapen and turn it legendary, is that you have to make it work within the story. As an example, Doomhammer needed to be infused with the elements before it could be an artifact or people would start asking questions about why Thrall did not use a specific ability. When you make something new, you can just make up new powers and abilities, without having to confine within a previous frame.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Maybe Varian actually lives and is going to need them later?

I 'unno.

I would definitely have prefered his blades over the current ones.

/shrug

Thrall was a faction leader too at one point
    He's not anymore though and hasn't been for a while. He's basically been a neutral character for the last however many expansion with a slight allegiance to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Varians swords would be awesome to have as artifacts, if Varian was faction neutral. It would be very odd for horde players to yield the blades of the king of stormwind. The only reason Alliance shamans gets doomhammer, is because Thrall have been faction neutral since Cata.

So good idea, but does not work within the faction system.
    Don't forget Felo'melorn was used to commit genocide against the Trolls in the Troll Wars, and now as a Troll Fire Mage I'm forced to wield what was used to murder my ancestors.

OT: I completely agree that Varian's swords would be way more cool to wield than the made-up new stuff that Warriors are getting instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    dont know man he feeld not so very neutral to me when he was beefing out with garrosh about failing the horde with his thick plot armor

would not called slightly either
    While intervening to save the Alliance player and Yrel from Garrosh in the meantime.

Warriors definetly got boned the worst, fucking vykrul, when has that ever been related to warriors

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no depiction of the scythe being used as a weapen in the war against the horde. It might have been a part of the Worgen transformation, but not as a battle weapen.
    Nobody knows that those blades are elven. It might be said in some book, but its not every man knowledge. If its not that, then you are just gonna alienate a lot of people, if you choose to use that as justification for people to get the blades.

And some of the new artifact weapens are dumb like that. I am not very satisfied with it, but i hope they will make some trans-faction connection with the weapen, so it works for both factions. I am not saying that they could not do the same with Varians blades; Im just saying that i can't come up with a way for it to work.
    Both things happen on the comics, the scythe and the blade origins. Just because you don't know something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would the quest be?

"Remember that park in Stormwind Deathwing blew up hero? You need to go to the grave of Varian Wrynn there and steal Shalamayne."

Maybe it wasn't magical enough, had bad stats and he just clung to it for some reason. Why would you want such a sword/swords?

yeah well if you gonna argue: yrel also is in joy to celebrate and live with hellscream after he and his horde slaughthered and tortured half of her people

you really should not argue with lore when its about blizzard

also varian cooperate a lot of times with horde and you can really fudge it that way that he want you have his sword if you are the BEST warrior, horde or ally
    Of course you would have made it in a way that it works. But the question is "Why not?" and the answer "Because he is a faction leader" should suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    What would the quest be?

"Remember that park in Stormwind Deathwing blew up hero? You need to go to the grave of Varian Wrynn there and steal Shalamayne."
    How about retrieve it from the battlefield before any of this happen? Just like what happens o Tyrion and the Ashbringer, for example.

Tirion dies and paladins get Ashbringer... Thrall retires and shamans get Doomhammer...
    But Varian dies and he takes his swords with him to the grave? Why?

Why give fury warriors a random new weapon as artifact, when you can give them a weapon that everyone knows and has been used by an important figure for a long time?
    I think this is the main clue that leads me to believe he isn't dead yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay so lets go with the whole "thrall gives doomhammer and if varians blades would be the warrior artifact you would get it from his dead body" sure fine i get it but isn't the entire warrior class order based on Valhalla? the afterlife of the warrior? so who would say that varians spirit wouldn't be there? he most likely died on the broken shore so his spirit could have been lifted up?

it could work a bit right?

No Tusk Club.

I have a better question. Why are most of the OP's threads complaint/whine threads?

dont know man he feeld not so very neutral to me when he was beefing out with garrosh about failing the horde with his thick plot armor

would not called slightly either
    Thrall spoke of failing the horde because that is what Garrosh cared about. Thrall placed him in charge of the Horde, Garrosh thought he was creating the best Horde while actually ruining it. Speaking of someone failing the Horde doesn't mean Thrall was suddenly the super horde supporter. He was still very neutral, like he has been for a long time. His beef with Garrosh was personal because Thrall had placed him in the trusted position and Garrosh failed both the Horde and Thrall's expectations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Both things happen on the comics, the scythe and the blade origins. Just because you don't know something doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    You have to remember, that 90% of the people who play wow and experience the lore, does not read the books or comics. So if they put a major plot point or huge amount of information in the books, which later plays a huge role in the game, then blizzard have failed. When i play the game, i want to be able to understand the game when playing it. If it get alienated about a weapen, because i think it malplaced in the game, you can't answer me with "oh, you just have to read 1000+ pages of litteratur, that is all!" I expect, that by exploring the game, i get a good amount of knowledge about what i play with.

So, just to be clear, by using an argument, which refers to the book, you are talking to less then 10% of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Don't forget Felo'melorn was used to commit genocide against the Trolls in the Troll Wars, and now as a Troll Fire Mage I'm forced to wield what was used to murder my ancestors.

OT: I completely agree that Varian's swords would be way more cool to wield than the made-up new stuff that Warriors are getting instead.
    If i remember right, the forrest trolls are very different from the trolls of the lost isles, which the horde trolls are. But yeah, i hope they make the weapenlore in a way, which deals with the past of some weapens.

This is pretty much why my favority weapens, are weapens made on the lost isles. This makes it so that we have no past connection with it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

seems better then tyrion getting killed by a fucking non elite demon and 20 paladins are arround him dont now how to cast a fucking healing spell i tell you that
    Well in the broken shore quest we see thats not what really happens:

Tirion gets double teamed by Guldan and that giant Eredar raid boss. The jailer in the Ret quest is just living up to his name sake and holding him captive.

You have to remember, that 90% of the people who play wow and experience the lore, does not read the books or comics.
    90% sounds like a very generous estimation. I'm of course only guessing here but I believe that number is closer to ~99.5% in reality.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2016-05-03 at 04:59 PM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory