Wew just realized that having shield of want just sitting on your back increases your souls. Finally a use for that slot!

You guys use covetous serpent ring throughout the whole game or did you guys swap it off? I haven't really found a ring I'm dying to have in its place, there's a few I have with mildly useful effects but nothing that seems like a no brainer.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yes you can. I did Sirris's full quest before I touched Rosaria and got both of them.
    Really? I thought you had to summon Heysel for the gesture, and her sign's only in Farron Keep. Am I mistaken?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wew just realized that having shield of want just sitting on your back increases your souls. Finally a use for that slot!

You guys use covetous serpent ring throughout the whole game or did you guys swap it off? I haven't really found a ring I'm dying to have in its place, there's a few I have with mildly useful effects but nothing that seems like a no brainer.
    I pretty much leave silver ring on all the time on my regular character. Onebros have a lot more uses for rings so I rarely use either serpent ring.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it off because I pretty much always use both Carthus rings, the Chloranthy Ring, and usually Havels or Ring of Favor depending no how much equip load I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I take it off because I pretty much always use both Carthus rings, the Chloranthy Ring, and usually Havels or Ring of Favor depending no how much equip load I need.
    I honestly haven't seen a purpose for the milkring except for the +3 DEX. The roll invisibility don't really matter much when they can just remain locked onto you, and if you want a disappearing ring, nothing's gonna beat Obscuring Ring.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I honestly haven't seen a purpose for the milkring except for the +3 DEX. The roll invisibility don't really matter much when they can just remain locked onto you, and if you want a disappearing ring, nothing's gonna beat Obscuring Ring.
    The obscuring ring is mostly just a PVP thing. I like the cosmetic appearance of the Milkring plus all 3 builds I've done so far are dex builds so it makes it so I can put points in other things sooner. It's not the best ring in the world or anything but I think it looks cool and it gives me a little boost.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I pretty much leave silver ring on all the time on my regular character. Onebros have a lot more uses for rings so I rarely use either serpent ring.
    Whatsa onebro?

- - - Updated - - -

I use the milkring right now (dex build with warden's), the other ring doesn't seem all that useful atm because I find the iframes really forgiving already and I'm still learning the game so there's a lot more opportunities for me to take hits from things I don't know or have much experience with than what the other one helps.

I'm using chlor, milkring, silver serpent, and pontiffs right eye at the moment. I JUST reached irithiyl so don't have access to a ton of things and what I do doesn't seem all that much more useful.

On another note do any of you guys have experience with warden's? When I asked a question on reddit I got a mix of people telling me to infuse a blood gem vs people telling me to hollow it (I haven't done any hollowing yet tho) and then people telling me to pour points into luck after dex and then others telling me the luck doesn't really help much and I have no idea which to listen to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatsa onebro?

- - - Updated - - -

I use the milkring right now (dex build with warden's), the other ring doesn't seem all that useful atm because I find the iframes really forgiving already and I'm still learning the game so there's a lot more opportunities for me to take hits from things I don't know or have much experience with than what the other one helps.

I'm using chlor, milkring, silver serpent, and pontiffs right eye at the moment. I JUST reached irithiyl so don't have access to a ton of things and what I do doesn't seem all that much more useful.

On another note do any of you guys have experience with warden's? When I asked a question on reddit I got a mix of people telling me to infuse a blood gem vs people telling me to hollow it (I haven't done any hollowing yet tho) and then people telling me to pour points into luck after dex and then others telling me the luck doesn't really help much and I have no idea which to listen to.
    There are bosses, mainly late game, who's attacks you can only roll through with the ring. I use it to keep the pressure up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatsa onebro?

- - - Updated - - -

Onebro is a pet name for SL1 playthroughs.

- - - Updated - - -

sigh

I've tried so hard in the past week to have fun in DS3 but I just can't find any. There's no real build diversity, no real weapon diversity. PvP or PvE, you're either using the good stuff or you're playing with one hand. SL1 isn't fun because of all the bullshit mechanics in bosses and monsters, and once again lack of build/weapon diversity. DS2 had almost no two onebros exactly alike because of how many gear options there were. In DS3? Yeah, everyone uses a Raw Broadsword and Grass Crest Shield.

PvP is a fucking joke because of just how little attention they paid to balancing or apparently even designing. Straight sword, estoc, and halberds are basically your choice of weapon, everything else is inferior. PvP consists largely of people trying to "mindgame" each other to avoid massively fucking OP cestus parrying (really, anything that isn't a medium shield or bare hand is OP in DS3 though), which... results in people basically just circling around each other and waiting for the other one to attack so they can reaction parry it and win with the hornet ring one-shot. If they don't use hornet ring, it just takes two hits instead of one. Large shields are utterly useless except for the two-handing Havels/Glory cheese, because shield bash will literally only ever just get you backstabbed and the stagger (if it hits) barely lasts long enough for a straight sword to connect, let alone any of the other slower weapons you'd typically combine with a large shield.

I seriously cannot understand how FromSoft, a company that had four very solid titles under their belt (none of them perfect, but each very solid in their own ways), can make such a complete fucking mess for their alleged big send-off to the series that made them famous. Neither DS1 nor DS2 were this bad at launch, and considering how many issues and especially balance problems those games had at launch... that's really saying something.

More than anything, I'm just sad. I was looking forward to the next Dark Souls game that I'd spend hundreds of hours thinking about and planning and playing like I did with DS2. There was always a new build to try, built around this weapon or that shield and that spell. SL1 was fun and exciting because you had so many different ways to route it, with each piece of stat equipment opening up new options for play.

It's ironic that Miyazaki went on record as saying he wanted to stop the series at 3 to prevent it from becoming a perennial series like Assassin's Creed, worried that yearly entries would dilute the product. Sorry, Mr. Miyazaki, but if that's true you should've stopped at #2 because Dark Souls 3 feels exactly like you were talking about - a derivative game that isn't bad but comes nowhere near the level of excellence the previous entries in the series attained.

Just finished an offline blind playthrough (yeah I know only npc invasions, but I was rarely embered and no bloodstains littering every ambush and notes on every illusory wall signaling where they all are). Damn that was fun. From the Steam achievements it looks like I need to find another boss or two and I got the rarest ending? Anyways, a fitting end to the series

Hey so just ran into something interesting about Yhorm.
    I was doing a Bows only challenge run and after trying the Crossbow a few times I noticed something very peculiar. I noticed I was able to chain stagger him!
    Has anyone else been able to accomplish this? It didn't seem possible when I did the half dozen attempts prior with just the regular bow, so it must be in some way related to the Knight's Crossbow with Lightning Bolts I used?

Anyway, here is the video I captured showing the kill and the 2 times I managed to chain stagger him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KUZTAgBEi0

It makes me wonder if its possible to simply stagger him the whole fight, as the times the chain breaks I simply miss my shot.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Remember to provide timestamps so we don't have to go through the entire video to find your points.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I pretty much use the Covetous Silver Ring and Shield of Want for the majority of the game. I only swap off the ring when I'm at Endgame and just running around to pick stuff up or PvP. I use the Knight's, Hunter's, Havel's, and Ring of Favor. I am not a fan of using the Hornet Ring for PvP, or using that stupid Caestus. In fact Parries in general ruin a lot of the fun for me since I hate the 1-shot kills.

Sidenote, I started a fresh game as a Sorcerer to see how bad a full magic build would be (was thinking about re-speccing one of my characters to focus on Magic for NG+). Wow, its bad. What the Knight can kill in 1 swing, it takes the Sorcerer 2 spell casts. Range isn't even a huge benefit since you have to get close enough to lock on, and that close usually means the enemy can start charging you. Even using the Binoculars to manually aim is borked because after each cast you put the Binocs away, making Bows still superior for sniping. I stopped playing pretty early, just before Vordt, mainly because of how unsatisfying it was. Please note that my favorite playthroughs of previous Dark Souls (and Demon Souls) was as a Mage. I did 2-3 playthroughs of DS2 as a Mage because it was so much fun. I keep hearing it sucks until you have 50 Int though, so maybe I just need to try that with my SL100 character instead.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Finally beat the game last night, and enjoyed the ride immensely. Not sure I could say much that hasn't been said already about the game. Nameless King was great!

Then I decided to work on covenants to platinum the game... I think I'll either be level 200 or hate the game by the time I'm done, if I don't give up. I'll give it a fresh shot tonight and work on the pale tongues first instead of last (was doing darkmoon first as it sounded like the hardest of the lot). I'd much rather play through NG++ and get all the spells and rings as drops than mindless farming.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much use the Covetous Silver Ring and Shield of Want for the majority of the game. I only swap off the ring when I'm at Endgame and just running around to pick stuff up or PvP. I use the Knight's, Hunter's, Havel's, and Ring of Favor. I am not a fan of using the Hornet Ring for PvP, or using that stupid Caestus. In fact Parries in general ruin a lot of the fun for me since I hate the 1-shot kills.

Sidenote, I started a fresh game as a Sorcerer to see how bad a full magic build would be (was thinking about re-speccing one of my characters to focus on Magic for NG+). Wow, its bad. What the Knight can kill in 1 swing, it takes the Sorcerer 2 spell casts. Range isn't even a huge benefit since you have to get close enough to lock on, and that close usually means the enemy can start charging you. Even using the Binoculars to manually aim is borked because after each cast you put the Binocs away, making Bows still superior for sniping. I stopped playing pretty early, just before Vordt, mainly because of how unsatisfying it was. Please note that my favorite playthroughs of previous Dark Souls (and Demon Souls) was as a Mage. I did 2-3 playthroughs of DS2 as a Mage because it was so much fun. I keep hearing it sucks until you have 50 Int though, so maybe I just need to try that with my SL100 character instead.
    Its quite an achievement to make a souls game where magic is worse than Bloodbourne but they did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I kind of feel like I should stay at SL 120, maybe it's some kind of haunted memory from DS2 where Soul Memory or some other strict limitation was still in place..
    Staying at a level in DS2 was horrible since soul memory was total souls picked up, whether you used it to level up, buy shit or lost them so you would progress "up" even if you only got minor amounts from pvp.
    Some people talk about staying at 100 for pvp, but the covenants don't seem to work so just fuck it and do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its quite an achievement to make a souls game where magic is worse than Bloodbourne but they did it.
    Fuck mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Finished the game, at SL 120, yes, I farmed a bit. However, I've never played NG+ in Souls-games. Is it safe to keep leveling past SL 120, if I want to take part in Jolly Co-Operation every now and then? Is there some other SL "soft cap" for NG+ where I should stop leveling?

I kind of feel like I should stay at SL 120, maybe it's some kind of haunted memory from DS2 where Soul Memory or some other strict limitation was still in place..
    120 seems like it's going to be the stopping point for the PVP community, so if you care about then I'd stop. If not, then go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Uhh exaggeration of the century over here... Arcane was horrible until they added Kos Parasite and MLGS. Magic isn't the best in the world but it's still solid and far better than in Bloodborne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Then you're probably being stupid and dumping your stats on vigor and shit since my sorcerer 1 hits mobs fine at least until the knights before the first boss that actually take 2 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah SL1 runs suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go astora straight sword cause that thing is broken, lol.

Uhh exaggeration of the century over here... Arcane was horrible until they added Kos Parasite and MLGS. Magic isn't the best in the world but it's still solid and far better than in Bloodborne.
    Its just not satisfying though. to stop, strike a pose and go full turret mode feels like a dead stop. Firing off tentacles by ripping open a small dimensional tear in the air or something inbetween air dashing like something out of armoured core just feels better even if the list of abilities is too damn small.

The lightning spear for example is the most absolutely underwhelming thing in DS3.