Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Coming from someone outside the US and with family there that I love dearly. The US seems pretty morally bankrupt. I don't really understand how someone could loathe a fellow countryman that much. I personally think everyone should have a guaranteed income. We had it in a couple provinces and it worked pretty well back in the day. I just don't like people treating each other that way.

In a constructive way, ''welfare king'' is an illusion, a snarl word used to distract from real issues. In countries that have actually welfare, like Canada, the amount of employable people living off welfare is rather small-and contrary to a well cherished illusion, Africans are not primitive people overjoyed at living in dilapidated urban housing in the suburbs of France

Most of what people call ''welfare'' (aka, any social program) is paid to working people or retired people. You want to look like a tough internet guy ? You should advocate about killing anyone over 65 as an ''useless moocher stealing muh money''. But you don't, because those retired people are not scary black or brown people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Unlike, ultra rich, middle class americans don't have tax havens. I mean really i had to hold back 1 of my children from college for 3 years, since i could not afford to pay tuition for him, but a hispanic person can send 3 of her children to college simuteniously? How the fuck that work?
    Mr. foodstamps is not responsible for the college education of other peoples children. He is not responsible for the ladys bad temper. He is just an anybody, who gets far too much credit for being trouble. So no, I don't get the ladys point, if there is any besides all that venting.

how can that fat bitch complain about anything... shes eating for three people... shopping in walmart.... i mean how stupid is this person?

Deleted
    I'm not surprised by her behavior, just surprised it took so long to find someone like her, considering the amount of propaganda Fox News put out over the last 8 years vilifying the poor.

And we know that most people now work harder and longer hours than they did in the past yet they aren't reaping the benefits so there must be someone to blame. If you turn on the TV you will find out that your wages are low because the gov takes a share to give it to the "moocher class" so you want to blame them, classic misdirection

Also the notion that Bernie supporters are poor and uneducated is another piece of propaganda, you can see this on the forum aswell, mainly propagated by the Hilary side. I can't wait for the general elections to see how she will appeal to this demographic that her campaign is demonizing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    From a simple statement you are able to conclude that they are left leaning? That is incredible!
    nope, just his avatar and post history

10+ Year Old Account
    “I put in 50 to 60 hour weeks,” the man says toward the start of the video. “I’m trying to provide for my family.”

"Holy shit, the system is unfair," the woman replied. "A legal citizen of the US, which you are because you're using SNAP, working 50 hours a week should not be below 130% of the poverty line and therefore eligible for SNAP, which is $20,000 a year for a family of two such as a man and his son."

"I know," replied the man. "But the minimum wage is still $7.25 per hour, and has been since 2009. 50 hours a week would be $18,850 assuming I didn't take sick days. Even a modest 1%/year increase and I'd be over the SNAP eligibility line."

"Well," the woman replied with a forced laugh, "at least you don't pay taxes!"

"Actually I still do," the man replied. "While I will almost certainly get my federal and state income taxes refunded, I still pay payroll taxes like everyone else. That's 7.65% for the first $117 thousand, which, yeah, I'm not getting anywhere near that limit. Also I pay sales tax on pretty much everything you do, and it's a well-known fact that sales taxes are regressive, so I'm proportionally paying more than you at this Wal-Mart checkout."

"If only there was some way you could get ahead. Have you considered college?"

"Tuition at the average state school is literally half my paycheck."

"The Army?"

"As of last week, entry level privates earn $18,695 on average and work WAY more than 50 hours. Recruits earn even less. Also, I could get shot. I'd be better off on minimum wage."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Vote for Bernie. Even if he can't do everything he wants, he'll at least make a major push for a higher minimum wage, reduce college education costs, and support the military and their families, such as by voting against the Iraq War. All of which would give me better options than spending food stamps at Wal-Mart."

They give out ATM cards in most states now. I got some unemployment insurance after getting laid off from a job and they gave us ATM cards that looked just like the food stamp cards, I got a couple of looks when I used the card to buy groceries but nobody ever said anything.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    fixed that for you
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c3ef521791c2

and HuffPo is an extremely left leaning media outlet.

Lmfao, what a bitch. Does she even realized that people who are working 50 to 60 hours still can't meet their end and needs government assistance? Well lady, if you don't want to people to steal your so call "tax", tell that to corporations to increase the wage for their workers and make it so that workers don't need government assistance.

It is all corporations, not people. Lady bitch needs her mind set straight.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    nope, just his avatar and post history
    Satimy, a leftist?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Unlike, ultra rich, middle class americans don't have tax havens. I mean really i had to hold back 1 of my children from college for 3 years, since i could not afford to pay tuition for him, but a hispanic person can send 3 of her children to college simuteniously? How the fuck that work?
    You could... you know... have let your kid pay for school himself, or use that whole loan system; he'd probably learn a lot more from that than holding his hand out for dad's free education (you could effectively say that you are teaching your children to be the offenders in the system you seem to hate).

Which is how said person sends said children to college, and how most of us went to college.

(Your not-so-subtle racism a giggle in itself)

10+ Year Old Account
    Woman's just jelly his food-stamps kept him nice and thin.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about welfare recipients while standing in line at WalMart. The irony is too much.

The funny thing is, unless you are extremely poor or have a crap ton of bills that are necessary (car payments for example are not necessary, they will tell you to just take a bus) you don't get a lot back in food stamps. The most you can get can be around 250 where I live and that's for a month. That's an extremely small amount for a month AND if you are super poor.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    So just to confirm, being on food stamps is an offense worthy of public harassment now? No additional criteria is required?
    Having any public assistance is stigmatized in the US man, where have you been...

A couple years back when I went to see my doctor, there was some severely mentally disabled guy in there with his caregiver, the caregiver told the nurse at the front desk his insurance was Medicaid and half the people in the lobby rolled their eyes and gave the handler and the disabled guy the stink eye. The nurse who weighed him was pretty bitchy at him too.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The funny thing is, unless you are extremely poor or have a crap ton of bills that are necessary (car payments for example are not necessary, they will tell you to just take a bus) you don't get a lot back in food stamps. The most you can get can be around 250 where I live and that's for a month. That's an extremely small amount for a month AND if you are super poor.
    The problem is the welfare cliff. Where in an employee will tell an employer they need to work less hours or they will lose their benefits. Any system that actively discourages you to work more is broken.

The insane hatred for the food stamps is hilarious, considering that they are, what....74 billion ? out of 3700 billion

While obviously there is no such things as an untouchable expense, food stamps, which are mostly paid to working people are not exactly the source of all budget woes in the USA.

also shes mad at food stamps but not mad at the fact politicians commonly steal tax money to pay for cocaine and hookers and other things?

cmon now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Eh I would be too. I find it confusing some people use their food stamps with pride.
    Not a case of pride. It just isn't a case of shame anymore. You forget, wages in this nation have dropped down so low that roughly 1 in 7 Americans are now using them.

Why should they feel ashamed for using it? They aren't the ones allowing their jobs to pay so low that they need it to survive? They are just the ones stuck dealing with it like many others to the point it has lost it's shaming qualities anymore.

It might have been a point of shame in the past where you had to be unemployed to even need them, but nowadays you can work harder than ever and still end up too poor to live due to no fault of your own. And don't give me the old bootstraps tripe because that is mathematically impossible to do on the large scale regardless of how hard people work in the current economy.

I use Food Stamps myself and I have no shame in it. You don't like me using it, blame the military for screwing me up for life to the point I can't get a real job even according to their own doctors and then blame their paper pushers for trying to ignore their doctors trying to leave me for dead.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.