Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got like 6-7 hours in to it now. It's a fun game, but I come from more "standard" FPS games, so Overwatch is a tough pill to swallow. I'm having difficulty accepting auto-kill skills, "aim-assist" weapons (like Hanzo's bow), teleporting players etc etc... And the "netcode" feels sometimes a bit wonky, like dying behind corners and shit (but meh that's in almost every game I guess).

I dunno, I'll probably play it a bit off and on when it releases. But I don't see it becoming my go-to FPS game. Too much crap that I don't really like.

Deleted
    Yeah, getting only in shit groups now and getting frustrated. Feels like Trashran losing streaks but at least you can leave a team and not get deserter debuff.

Got pissed off to no end when it was some defend map and the enemy team had 2 bastions and torbjon and no one on my team got a widowmaker to clear out those things.

And god Tracer and Junkrat are so fucking annoying to play against. Tracer is invincible in 1v1, I just fucking run away cause you can't kill her if she's not retarded.
    Last edited by mmoc1ccafd3aee; 2016-05-03 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ah yeah. I had fun last night stomping "noobs" for hours. Think me and two friends won like 20 games in a row and none of us are even that good at shooters.
    The fact that evey team has these players that only plays this one hero makes a cordinated premade run over people like it's silly.

Must suck to solo queue though.
    I had numerous games where my team was pretty much all snipers, get met with a "fuck off" when I ask to change. One game I was so sure the enemy team was a 5 man premade because we got rolled so hard....I felt stupid with that accusation when I was 35% of my teams damage as reinhart.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Lucky it's the open beta then eh?! I guess that's the entire reason the game isn't released to retail yet

Wouldn't say the game sucks balls because you can't play it, just a bug you need to submit and wait for a fix. It's like rating a movie 0/10 because they wouldn't let you in the cinema... Or saying a specific dish was terrible at a restaurant because the chef phoned in sick.
    This issue is shared by many people and Blizz has yet to address it. So the fact that it's been known since at least November and it's still not addressed is not a beta issue to fix, it was also an alpha issue that went unaddressed. So the fact that I cannot play because Blizz can't fix or refuses to address an issue is plenty of reason to say it sucks.
    And your analogies are way off. The movie theater is not responsible for making the movie. And the restaurant is responsible for making the food taste good and the chef is part of that chain. So yes, I would blame the restaurant for a bad dish.
    Just as blizz is directly responsible for this game. Critical thinking skills are a marvelous thing to have.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Fucking Nerf Genji and Bastion.

Deleted
    I like the game, but I'm worried that this is a call of duty esque game, i.e there is no skill at all. It's super easy to hit and kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    FPS games are my strong point in gaming, played 2 games so far and DESTROYED people in them even tho I have never played Overwatch before (played a shitton of TF2 on the other hand) , sadly almost at the end of both games the game crashed twice, not sure why, just restarted the game and I'm about to try again.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think this game has potential!

What I first noticed that I couldn't do shit! I had skipped the training
    Maybe you should do the training and learn what you are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The skill ceiling is actually quite low in this game compared to overs, meaning there will actually be a small difference between new comers and beta testers.
    lawls?
    10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you have trouble with bastion, pick Widowmaker or Phara

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I like the game, but I'm worried that this is a call of duty esque game, i.e there is no skill at all. It's super easy to hit and kill people.
    Maybe you have just played against bad people. If it was equally easy for everyone, then they would be killing you as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedpixel View Post
    Maybe you should do the training and learn what you are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

lawls?
    10char

- - - Updated - - -

If you have trouble with bastion, pick Widowmaker or Phara

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you have just played against bad people. If it was equally easy for everyone, then they would be killing you as well.
    I don't know, there seems to be no recoil and you don't need to aim well at all. Spray and pray pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    And the "netcode" feels sometimes a bit wonky, like dying behind corners and shit (but meh that's in almost every game I guess)
    King CoD would like you to know that it doesn't believe corners exist.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, there seems to be no recoil and you don't need to aim well at all. Spray and pray pretty much.
    What character are you playing?

Soldier 76, tracer, bastion, widowmaker, and D.va are the only heroes that have full auto guns. Thats 5 of 21

This game is friggin sweet, definitely buying it now.

My 2 gripes: the reward system seems kinda off. There should be some loot boxes or rewards for good performance and such, like in CS:GO. Getting the Play of the Game doesn't feel rewarding when 1) it's only based on dumb luck ultimate usage and 2) it gives you nothing in return. Maybe I'm not seeing something here. Also, some characters, while not OP or anything, are just annoying to play against - Widowmaker is the prime example.

But the whole feel of this game, the smoothness of gameplay and the graphics, the impact from every single attack - Overwatch feels freaking meaty to play. The cast of characters is quite big and diverse, there is always something to choose from, and each character can pull sick plays off. The customisation/loot system enhances the game even further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedpixel View Post
    King CoD would like you to know that it doesn't believe corners exist.

- - - Updated - - -

What character are you playing?

Soldier 76, tracer, bastion, widowmaker, and D.va are the only heroes that have full auto guns. Thats 5 of 21
    Soldier and the cowboy mainly.

Like on the cowboy guy I just run around and oneshot people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Genji's mobile and a good assassin, but at anything but close range he's meh. The biggest threat is not letting him reflect back at you, and that's just him straight-up outplaying you.

Bastion? Don't stand in his line of fire. Shoot him from a distance. Problem solved.

Soldier and the cowboy mainly.

Like on the cowboy guy I just run around and oneshot people.
    McCree's pistol doesn't even come close to "one-shotting" anyone. Maybe you're picking off heavily wounded people, but you're not one-shotting them. Unless you mean his Q, and only his Q.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Genji's mobile and a good assassin, but at anything but close range he's meh. The biggest threat is not letting him reflect back at you, and that's just him straight-up outplaying you.

Bastion? Don't stand in his line of fire. Shoot him from a distance. Problem solved.

McCree's pistol doesn't even come close to "one-shotting" anyone. Maybe you're picking off heavily wounded people, but you're not one-shotting them. Unless you mean his Q, and only his Q.
    when you rightclick his pistol fires all 6 shots in like a second lol

anybody that isn't a mile away is instantly killed

One tip that's not obvious. If you lose a match in solo queue, don't automatically leave the game. The next game will have the same people, but the teams will be shuffled. It becomes quite even pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    when you rightclick his pistol fires all 6 shots in like a second lol

anybody that isn't a mile away is instantly killed
    That would be 6-shotting someone.

And you're overestimating the range; that sucker's wildly inaccurate. It's deadly in close quarters, yes, but useless at even medium range.

10+ Year Old Account
    To a few people here saying it is a bit too easy (ok the ultimates are), I thought exactly the same the first few matches. Winning every game mainly as widowmaker, just hunting headshots, going 30-4 or something every time. Then I started facing the better, more experienced teams with good teamplay. Suddenly my widowmaker aim didn't mean so much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Steambot Bastion skin in my first lootbox :O

But the game seems to crash quite often for me for some reason in the middle of a game ;(
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Torbjörn is weak. But Symmetra is really bad. Sure her teleport is great, but nothing she does apart from that is good. Her turrets die from a fart. Her gun is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Torbjörn is weak. But Symmetra is really bad. Sure her teleport is great, but nothing she does apart from that is good. Her turrets die from a fart. Her gun is useless.
    I been cursed out for picking her, as opposed to Mercy. It seems like if you're not Mercy, you're hated