Poll: Who would win in a duel

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I dont think you know what Mary Sue means.
    He is described as wise, far stronger than Garrosh, perfectly honorable, smarter than Tyrande, the High Priestess of the Temple of Elune and Leader of the Night Elves since 10.000 years and everybody likes him. He doesn't have weaknesses and is pretty much perfect in everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They are not at all.
    If their chest is harder than a thick breast plate that was forged for Archimondes Second in Command, also probably a masterpiece of the Legions smiths, they are pretty much overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    I don't think Lothar would be agile enough to dodge Cairne's attacks or strong enough to block them long enough for him to get the multiple good hits in he would need to kill Cairne whereas Cairne would need just one good hit.
    Cairne doesn'T wear any armor of all. All Lothar had to do would be thrust his legs between Cairnes legs.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-05-03 at 04:46 PM.

That would be silly. I could easily just say that Lothar would just cut his hands off. Lothar has mastery of shield which would obviously help against a spear.
    Mastery of a shield means he could defect all of one blow. The runespear isn't a spear so much as it is a giant poleaxe. Wielded by a 10-12 foot giant mass of muscle (remember, peak Cairne), Lothar could take a single hit and not a bit more. The winning move of Lothar is to not even fight. He's smart enough to never engage Cairne in a 1v1 scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    He is described as wise, far stronger than Garrosh, perfectly honorable, smarter than Tyrande, the High Priestess of the Temple of Elune and Leader of the Night Elves since 10.000 years and everybody likes him. He doesn't have weaknesses and is pretty much perfect in everything he does.
    Really? His challenge to Garrosh was a mistake to begin, since he accused him of something he did not do and he didn't get rid of Magatha.

They are not at all.
    Compared to all the races in WoW, if you took the gameplay balance out of the equation I think they are probably up there among the best.
    Compared to their counterparts in other fantasy settings, they shit all over DnD Minotaurs. Like as much as I could possibly warp this in Lothar's favor, he doesn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Mastery of a shield means he could defect all of one blow. The runespear isn't a spear so much as it is a giant poleaxe. Wielded by a 10-12 foot giant mass of muscle (remember, peak Cairne), Lothar could take a single hit and not a bit more. The winning move of Lothar is to not even fight. He's smart enough to never engage Cairne in a 1v1 scenario.
    He dodge ones he can't deflect and he deflect ones he can. Cairne was not an invincible monster. If Lothar could hold his own against Orgrim at old age then he would hold his own against Cairne in his prime.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He took the force of the blow, but it did cut him. That's how the poison killed him
    You do realise that in real life taking a hit that cuts you is more than just "lose X hp"? Blood loss is a thing and it gets nasty real quick. And when you're working hard (like when you're fighting) your heart is pumping hard, and helps to accelerate blood loss. Even without the poison, it's likely that Cairne would have started to struggle as the fight wore on.

So while I get that shrugging off an axe blow to the chest makes for cool storytelling, it isn't very realistic.

Anyhow, just to re-iterate - I am NOT saying Lothar would win. I am saying either could win, and that the final outcome is not a foregone conclusion.

Compared to all the races in WoW, if you took the gameplay balance out of the equation I think they are probably up there among the best.
    Compared to their counterparts in other fantasy settings, they shit all over DnD Minotaurs. Like as much as I could possibly warp this in Lothar's favor, he doesn't win.
    They wouldn't have trouble against centaur if they are that OP. Human warriors can kill them just fine.

He dodge ones he can't deflect and he deflect ones he can. Cairne was not an invincible monster. If Lothar could hold his own against Orgrim at old age then he would hold his own against Cairne in his prime.
    Ogrim = 8 feet tall of pure muscle wielding a mighty 1 handed hammer
    Cairne = possibly 12 feet tall of pure muscle wielding either a totem as tall as he is or a poleaxe as tall as he is.
    These are not the same situation at all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The winning move of Lothar is to not even fight. He's smart enough to never engage Cairne in a 1v1 scenario.
    I think both would be smart to avoid each other in 1v1 combat.

Orcs are quite a bit weaker than Tauren.

They wouldn't have trouble against centaur if they are that OP. Human warriors can kill them just fine.
    Because Centaur are that dumb as well.

Ogrim = 8 feet tall of pure muscle wielding a mighty 1 handed hammer
    Cairne = possibly 12 feet tall of pure muscle wielding either a totem as tall as he is or a poleaxe as tall as he is.
    These are not the same situation at all.
    Bigger doesn't automatically make you win. Varian would have lost to Garrosh by your logic. He won.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Really? His challenge to Garrosh was a mistake to begin, since he accused him of something he did not do and he didn't get rid of Magatha.
    I spoke about Baine. Cairne was pretty cool. After all, I don't think that Cairne was that a good warrior. As far as I remember, even a normal human Warrior could handle him in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Orcs are quite a bit weaker than Tauren.
    You are not pitting average of each race against each other.

I spoke about Baine. Cairne was pretty cool. After all, I don't think that Cairne was that a good warrior. As far as I remember, even a normal human Warrior could handle him in battle.
    Because you remember incorrectly

- - - Updated - - -

Bigger doesn't automatically make you win. Varian would have lost to Garrosh by your logic. He won.
    Bigger doesn't mean better but you keep comparing races with a 2 foot difference with races with at least a 4 foot difference. At a certain point, bigger will mean better.

Deleted
    Tauren may be stronger than Orcs, but I think that their Martial Arts are inferiour to those of Orcs and Humans. These guys use tree trunk as weapons, damn, a type of Weapon that is even more impractical than Glaives.

Cairne was one of the best warriors.

Ordinary human warriors are still bound by physical strength and belong to one of physical weakest races on the planet, so at one point there are bound to be stronger warriors out there, simply due to the limitation of being human.

Deleted
    Because you remember incorrectly
    I meant Garrosh.

Bigger doesn't mean better but you keep comparing races with a 2 foot difference with races with at least a 4 foot difference. At a certain point, bigger will mean better.
    ํYou are assuming that the difference between taurens and human is the point. A tauren is certainly killable by a human in combat and I am sure it has happened before.

You are not pitting average of each race against each other.
    One of the best tauren, who are stronger and faster than humans and one of the best humans, this still goes clearly to the tauren.