Poll: Who would win in a duel

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Knight also means that he had a excellent Compat Training and I think that Humans have the better technique in general. Tauren are physically pretty impressive, but i don't think that they have a vey advanced Warfare. Their Totems are the most impractical weapon some could possibly imagine.

I don't say that Garrosh would have won either way for shure, I just say that we shouldn't underestimate what a difference weapons can make in a battle. Cairne hat the better Weapon to begin with, because a Spear is faster to use, has the longer range and both of them don't wore any armor, but after the Spear was shattered, Garrosh had the better Weapon in his hand.
    No it doesn't. Being a Knight just means you've been knighted by a royal, which you've done something to please.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hate to say it, but Cairne would win. Lothar's death showed that against a bigger for he's at a bit of a disadvantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No it doesn't. Being a Knight just means you've been knighted by a royal, which you've done something to please.
    Being a Knight means you are a elite Warrior who had a professional training in the Martial Arts since Childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hate to say it, but Cairne would win. Lothar's death showed that against a bigger for he's at a bit of a disadvantage.
    Lothar was an old man who fought against Doomhammer in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    One of the best tauren, who are stronger and faster than humans and one of the best humans, this still goes clearly to the tauren.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    Plainsrunning

Deleted
    If physic works nearly the same on Azeroth like in RL, I don't think that Tauren can be very agile. Their physique looks like they could easily overbalance.

Plainsrunning
    Plainsrunnig is about running fast in a straight direction and even that isn't Canon, because it never made it's way to the final Game. Plainsrunnig doesn't make Tauren very agile.

Plainsrunning
    That's not even remotely convincing. -_-"

Being a Knight means you are a elite Warrior who had a professional training in the Martial Arts since Childhood.
    No it doesn't. It means you kissed the right asses and were knighted. That is clearly not the case with Lothar though, he earned every bit of the title.

That's not what we are talking about though. PRIME Cairne is the strongest known Tauren. He is the best warrior the race has ever produced to our knowledge. Vs Lothar, one of the strongest warriors his race has ever produced. So when you have the best vs the best, at a certain point the racial element will come into play.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bigger doesn't automatically make you win. Varian would have lost to Garrosh by your logic. He won.
    Varian is expection, Varian is Lo'Gosh, go search what Lo'Gosh means in the lore

on topic, man i love Lothar, he is so epic and awesome old dude, but Cairne win hands down, that Tauren is one of a kind

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Varian is expection, Varian is Lo'Gosh, go search what Lo'Gosh means in the lore

on topic, man i love Lothar, he is so epic and awesome old dude, but Cairne win hands down, that Tauren is one of a kind
    Oh I am well aware of it. He fought on par with Garrosh before even when he hadn't awaken his Lo'Gosh power.

That's not even remotely convincing. -_-"
    What indicates at being slower than humans, who have been portrayed as one of the weakest races on the planet.

Compared to most races humans have inferior eyesight,strength, hearing,stamina,shitty resilience etc.

What indicates at being slower than humans, who have been portrayed as one of the weakest races on the planet.

Compared to most races humans have inferior eyesight,strength, hearing,stamina,shitty resilience etc.
    Not human in WarCraft. A gladiator Varian killed a blademaster. He also beheaded an Ogre which obviously bigger than a tauren. Racial difference is not that much of importance when you are talking about the best of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    No it doesn't. It means you kissed the right asses and were knighted. That is clearly not the case with Lothar though, he earned every bit of the title.
    You know that todays knights don't are what Knights were in medieval? Knights were also a military unit and most of them were trained since their youth to become knights. A knight has to be educated in warfare and trained in arms and normaly, he receives a very good training, because he is expected to be a elite unite for his Lord when he is knighted as an adult.

You know that todays knights don't are what Knights were in medieval? Knights were also a military unit and most of them were trained since their youth to become knights. A knight has to be educated in warfare and trained in arms and normaly, he receives a very good training, because he is expected to be a elite unite for his Lord when he is knighted as an adult.
    Cairne grew up and led the Tauren through his adult life under attack by the Centaur, who are FAR faster and stronger than humans. So Lothar was knighted and proved himself in combat, Cairne grew up in combat and fought for his life until Thrall and the Horde saved his people.

Cairne grew up and led the Tauren through his adult life under attack by the Centaur, who are FAR faster and stronger than humans. So Lothar was knighted and proved himself in combat, Cairne grew up in combat and fought for his life until Thrall and the Horde saved his people.
    Oh Lothar had plenty of experience fighting trolls and stuff.

Deleted
    Yeah, but that doesn't make Tauren Warfare or Martial Arts good. Humans use Weapons and Armors we know in Reallife, so we can asume that their Martial Arts do work really well, because that's the deal with things we know in Reality. Tauren on the other Hand...often they don't were any armor, their shields are sticks and some leader or clothe and the use this totems...

Oh Lothar had plenty of experience fighting trolls and stuff.
    Very true.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but that doesn't make Tauren Warfare or Martial Arts good. Humans use Weapons and Armors we know in Reallife, so we can asume that their Martial Arts do work really well, because that's the deal with things we know in Reality. Tauren on the other Hand...often they don't were any armor, their shields are sticks and some leader or clothe and the use this totems...
    So you are projecting real life knights onto Warcraft knights. So how would those real life knights wielding shortswords and shields fare against a 12 foot monster swinging a tree trunk at them? Methinks not very well without overwhelming numbers.

Deleted
    So you are projecting real life knights onto Warcraft knights. So how would those real life knights wielding shortswords and shields fare against a 12 foot monster swinging a tree trunk at them? Methinks not very well without overwhelming numbers.
    The Knights in WoW look more like mounted Warriors in Plate Armor than Ian McKellen to me, so yeah.

And I think it would work very well. Because the Knight uses a combination of weapon and armor and probably also a fighting style that actually works. The Tauren on the other Hand, uses a absolute inpractical weapon and we don't even know if he uses it well technically.

The Knights in WoW look more like mounted Warriors in Plate Armor than Ian McKellen to me, so yeah.

And I think it would work very well. Because the Knight uses a combination of weapon and armor and probably also a fighting style that actually works. The Tauren on the other Hand, uses a absolute inpractical weapon and we don't even know if he uses it well technically.
    Cairne doesn't even use the totem post-WoW, he uses the Runespear. A poleaxe isn't an impractical weapon when wielded by someone 12 feet tall. That fighting style that you are giving them that "actually works" works against humans and at the most Trolls that they have ran into. Then Orcs a few years later. In current WoW, Humans have only known about Tauren for what, 14 years? How are we supposed to know if they have developed a fighting style suitable for fighting Tauren.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

The weapon is impractical for a human, not a tauren
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol