Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People shouldnt receive ANYTHING that they did not earn
    Sure you're for a 100% inheritance tax? That's news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Sorry stupid Dutch bloke whose English isn't getting tested enough.
    It's a common error even for native speakers, because as I said.. you is a fucked word :| Much easier in other languages where they split it's meaning a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's a common error even for native speakers, because as I said.. you is a fucked word :| Much easier in other languages where they split it's meaning a bit more.
    We use men over here, as in people in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Sure you're for a 100% inheritance tax? That's news.
    Thats different. That was earned by someone in your family and they chose to give it to you. Its not the government confiscating money from other people to hand out to others. And in most cases inheritance money has already been taxed more than once when the first person earned it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Throwing a brick at a random window store works just as well to get free food and shelter during the winter. (irl confirmed)
    Or you could go to a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or knock on the door of almost any church (they will help you)

Maybe Ill vacation in Italy. I can just dine and dash every time I am hungry and I wont have to budget food into my vacation
    Except if you have the money to travel to Italy you sure as hell have the money to buy food, even if you didn't want to budget food into the vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    There is a conflict of interest in which someone profits off of having lots of people thrown into jail.

When someone grows wealthy off of convicts you find the government suddenly makes sure more convicts exist.

Isn't this the basic logic that people against Welfare employ? That welfare recipients thus have a vested interest in voting in politicians to expand welfare benefits, thus businesses profiting off of increased convictions and convicts will want more convicts and pursue actions to get more convicts.
    We have laws for a reason. There are similar conflicts of interest in every single thing the government does, in house or subcontracted. Just because the government does something, doesn't magically make it free of corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Do they though?

Compare the cost of jailing a man for 6 months to the passed on costs of $4.50 worth of shoplifted goods.

Not every occasion of a law being broken warrants imprisonment. Doing that can be detrimental to law abiding citizens.
    I find it hard to believe anyone is getting 6 months for $4.50 in theft; certainly no first offender would get that.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    We have laws for a reason. There are similar conflicts of interest in every single thing the government does, in house or subcontracted. Just because the government does something, doesn't magically make it free of corruption.
    Yes, but the wealthy have the power of bribery and affording the greatest lawyers.

I would argue the wealthy and the government at present are effectively the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

sweet. time to waltz into a gelatio shop and walk out with a few tubs of ice cream.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dream of a world bereft of all smugness and illusions of superiority to their common man; where instead we can regard our peers, elders, and juniors with empathy and understanding that they are different from ourselves and not impose our own mannerisms upon them, as they may not always be apt for every situation.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account

I find it hard to believe anyone is getting 6 months for $4.50 in theft; certainly no first offender would get that.
    Even if it was 3 days, it doesn't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is not uncommon for corporations to influence things with money, if i had to put money on this being a single case incident or something that tends to happen more often and i believe quite a lot of prisons became privatized, i would have to be naive to believe this will never take place anywhere else.
    But when they do, that is illegal. Look, you can't legislate away all corruption by putting everything in the hands of government. They get corrupted to. I think the saying loosely goes, "But who will watch the watchmen?"

6 Pages from an obvious bait thread, yall be slipping.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I rob you at gun point and then take all your possessions, have I not earned it? I got you to surrender your stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yes, but the wealthy have the power of bribery and affording the greatest lawyers.

I would argue the wealthy and the government at present are effectively the same entity.
    Ok, then tell me how the situation got worse by having a private prison? Any government official can be bribed. There is no bribery fast lane for government subcontractors.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Sometimes it's funny to watch characters rage, that's what made Oscar so amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    5 pages since we said anything about the article; you be slipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    But when they do, that is illegal. Look, you can't legislate away all corruption by putting everything in the hands of government. They get corrupted to. I think the saying loosely goes, "But who will watch the watchmen?"
    You shouldn't put everything in hands of the government. But a Justice system should never ever be privatized. If you are sentenced by the people, you should be locked up by the people.

This is a logical fallacy called "begging the question". You are presuming that coming to own something under the existing system means "earning" it, but the only way you justify this is by appealing to the existing legal system. It's circular logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, then tell me how the situation got worse by having a private prison? Any government official can be bribed. There is no bribery fast lane for government subcontractors.
    Government ran means the government doesn't profit it from it since it's a cost, private industries get paid per person they hold from said government, there's a profit it in it for the private sector.

An incentive has been created by privatizing it.

Read the article.

6 months and a €100 fine. He stole 2 pieces of cheese and a pack of frankfurters.