Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    First time when I was 16. Been dating for around 3 months.
    Little did I know, I was confusing love with infatuation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Of course I have empathy. Empathy allows me to give comfort to friends who are hurting.

It also allows me to piss people off when I need / want to, since I know what they care about and what bothers them in an argument.

Just need to press the right buttons to make somebody furious. The trick is finding out what buttons.
    so your admitting to trolling?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so your admitting to trolling?
    I am not trolling. I gave input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's horrible, what's the point of a ferris wheel if not for semi-public oral sex? Without that it's just a slow-moving seat.
    Ferris wheels scare me.

my wife said it the second weekend we knew each other after having a few too many gin drinks, and when we got back to my place she threw up all over my couch and floor and proceeded to telling me, "you can't possibly love me now"...jokes on her!!

getting close to our first wedding anniversary. good times...

I've said it to three people on romantic manner, and while I have no regrets, I didn't really love the second one. It was really a more of a band-aid relationship for both of us, and I at the time I wanted to believe it true. He's a nice enough guy and we broke up on good terms when both of us realized we just didn't fit together at all. I've also told my closest friends and family I love them. I'm not sure who said it first in which relationship, but I would bet on myself :P I feel emotions very strongly and have a habit of putting them into words. Many would most likely tell me I say it too soon or too easily, yet the shortest amount of time I was together with someone I said it to was 18 months as a teenager. I also don't expect my partner to say it back to me that soon, I know some people need much more time or show it in other ways.

I know for a fact that in 25 years my parents have been together, my dad hasn't told my mom he loves her once. She's said it, and he usally replies with something like "well, you know I care about you a lot", but not those spesific words. It doesn't mean he doesn't love her, that's just not how he was brought up or how he is as a person. He shows it in their everyday life and you can see that he loves her and keeps falling in love with her again and again, but he doesn't say it aloud. And that's just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The time will come for sure... If even I have managed to find a very special lady, which seemed impossible, everyone can
    Can I take you up on this?
    I'll write it into my testament and after I die my lawyer will come to you and slap you.

For those of you in relationships who might have been past this stage.

Who of you two said so for the first time and how did it happen?

As time goes by into my relationship, which is still quite new, I feel how I love my girlfriend more and more and soon I will let her know so, but time to time
    Anyways, I got curious and thought that it would be interesting to hear your stories so, share!
    I did, some 17 years ago, I told my now wife, "I love you", she responded with "no you dont" it was quite awkward.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like strong committing words. Again, inconvenient if you need to change or back away from it.

Also, you make it sound so harsh. I just keep my distance. Easier to eliminate them from my train of thought when they no longer add to my life.
    You are obviously saying what you´d like to sound like, not what you really think. Known as the heat of the moment.

So once we grow up, shall we just trash our parents? they no longer add to our life.
    Brothers and sisters, trash them too, right?

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but saying things like good looking girls are likely to cheat, is just stupid. My girlfriend is darn good looking and I know that she´s not the kind of person who´d cheat, simply because I could see her values from far away before I asked her if I could consider her my girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I did, some 17 years ago, I told my now wife, "I love you", she responded with "no you dont" it was quite awkward.
    Lol, I bet you didn´t see that one coming x)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Can I take you up on this?
    I'll write it into my testament and after I die my lawyer will come to you and slap you.
    hehe, everything comes at the right time is all I can say. And it applies for life in general!

7+ Year Old Account
    You are obviously saying what you´d like to sound like, not what you really think. Known as the heat of the moment.

So once we grow up, shall we just trash our parents? they no longer add to our life.
    Brothers and sisters, trash them too, right?

I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but saying things like good looking girls are likely to cheat, is just stupid. My girlfriend is darn good looking and I know that she´s not the kind of person who´d cheat, simply because I could see her values from far away before I asked her if I could consider her my girlfriend.
    Eh, no. I would never trash my family. They have done for me than any other person by an exceptionally long stretch. My family I 100% trust not to screw me over in some way over greedy motivations. Other people, not so much.I have had the wonderful luck of seeing all their ugly, flawed, less-than perfect sides.

Enough of that and it gets you mildly suspicious of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Dunno how would you put up with that. If somebody told me "no you don't" I would get quite annoyed.

Like, what the f@ck do you mean I don't? Do you have omnipotent awareness of my feelings you twat? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, no. I would never trash my family. They have done for me than any other person by an exceptionally long stretch. My family I 100% trust not to screw me over in some way over greedy motivations. Other people, not so much.I have had the wonderful luck of seeing all their ugly, flawed, less-than perfect sides.

Enough of that and it gets you mildly suspicious of people.
    Amazing how some people let their negative experiences shape their life. Simply amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Amazing how some people let their negative experiences shape their life. Simply amazing.
    I understand life isn't a Disney movie. I find it amazing people like you roam about.

I suppose the proper tragedy hasn't struck you yet and opened your eyes to real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand life isn't a Disney movie. I find it amazing people like you roam about.

I suppose the proper tragedy hasn't struck you yet and opened your eyes to real life.
    You know nothing about my life. Suffice to say that I've had my share of troubles, some of which you have never even thought about, living in a First World country since the day of your birth. I didn't let those painful experiences break me, make me paranoid and pessimistic. But some people apparently prefer to be at a whim of their experiences, overgeneralizing and projecting all the time and not having a backbone to stick to their beliefs despite knowing that sticking to them sometimes causes pain.

I mean, it is your life, your choice... It just amazes me how much some people limit themselves, strip themselves of the color of life, give up on great things without even trying to get them, because they might get burnt in the process.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know nothing about my life. Suffice to say that I've had my share of troubles, some of which you have never even thought about, living in a First World country since the day of your birth. I didn't let those painful experiences break me, make me paranoid and pessimistic. But some people apparently prefer to be at a whim of their experiences, overgeneralizing and projecting all the time and not having a backbone to stick to their beliefs despite knowing that sticking to them sometimes causes pain.

I mean, it is your life, your choice... It just amazes me how much some people limit themselves, strip themselves of the color of life, give up on great things without even trying to get them, because they might get burnt in the process.
    It's my choice to want to suffer by intentionally limiting my options.

And I am fine and dandy with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my choice to want to suffer by intentionally limiting my options.

And I am fine and dandy with that.
    Yes, it is yours. I just find it curious that some people make this choice, when there is a more colorful alternative - but to each their own...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is yours. I just find it curious that some people make this choice, when there is a more colorful alternative - but to each their own...
    Eh, I don't deserve it. This is my self-punishment for the type of a person I was during school years.

Deleted
    Any dude who says it first is a beta cuck lord

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Haha well said.

My then girlfriend now wife said it after like a week of "dating". We had worked together for a few months, she broke up with her boyfriend, we started talking like a month later and one night after a date she said it. I said it right back. Some will say this is too soon but I knew then and there that I wanted to marry that girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't deserve it. This is my self-punishment for the type of a person I was during school years.
    Is this something religious? Why do you need to punish yourself for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Any dude who uses words like "alpha" or "beta" when referring to people is an omega basement dweller.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this something religious? Why do you need to punish yourself for anything?
    Not religious.

I was picked on. I resent myself immensely for not beating the ever living f@ck out of at least one of the friend group who constantly tormented me and kept informing me how inferior I was to them. I played (American) Football and Lacrosse. I could have given them a good fight.