Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Of course, but that breaks progression. When you level up you don't want to use your copper on blacksmithing, because it's worth too much in the auction house. And kaboom, that tradeskill is broken. That's what rampant inflation does.
    Some would say the tradeskill is broken if the path of least resistance is to just buy mats off the auction house to powerlevel the skill instead of gathering them yourself to level it up organically.

High AH prices push the newbie into a natural progression where they collect mats themselves.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2016-04-14 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If that's all you're doing, you should really try to quit. I did, and I feel so much better not logging in 2-3x/day to refresh missions.
    I am only doing it once per day. I could net a bit more gold if I did it 2x or 3x, but once is fine.

I do check the BMAH toon in my garrison every day. Even t3 set pieces are getting gold capped. The other day I logged into a server I have an alliance toon on, and the mage t3 shoulders were gold capped at 7am EDT. LOL.

There is so much gold in the economy. People think Blizzard is great for upping the gold limit in 7.0... all that means is that instead of gold capping at slightly less than 1m in the BMAH, people will be gold capping the rare mounts and stuff at 10m. Kinda crazy!

I have no problem with this it will still supply the older matts through resources which will always have a market in the ah

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    There is so much gold in the economy. People think Blizzard is great for upping the gold limit in 7.0... all that means is that instead of gold capping at slightly less than 1m in the BMAH, people will be gold capping the rare mounts and stuff at 10m. Kinda crazy!
    there won't be many 10m bids not many have the gold to throw around like that, unless they literally play 10 hours a day playing the AH, then sure instead of earning money doing a job their career is WoW you'd expect it.

as for getting 10m via buying wow tokens it's probably cheaper to use dodgy sites and buy old accounts to merge to your b.net or buy the actual tcg loot cards from ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I understand the evils of the garrison gold mill but to be fair since i have had about 14 lvl 100 chars cycling gold missions I have been able to purchase some ccg mounts and pets I doubt I would be able to afford any other way. Not to mention I am sitting on 7 wow tokens and plan to get my account 10 cap and just sit on them. Pending on how things go I just love not needing to sub for wow atm, lets me buy more wow related books rofl.
    My problem with garrisons is that when you make one form of content incredibly efficient, that becomes the only content that's worth doing. Yes, you can probably get more gold doing old world raids, but the time per gold is not anywhere in the ballpark. We're talking about 5 minutes a day to make thousands of gold per week. I've said this a million times, but I'll keep saying it: players follow the path of least resistance. Blizzard thinks that providing multiple paths with various resistances will appeal to various types of players.

It's simply not true and we have ample evidence to support that. You can't provide LFR and normal raids for example and expect people to graduate. Most players see LFR and think "well, I'm done with this tier." That's the path of least resistance. Point is, garrisons are far and away the most efficient way to make money. It's zero risk and can be done over and over on various characters with no skill.

Typical Blizzard bullshit, but I can't say that I'm surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Typical Blizzard bullshit, but I can't say that I'm surprised.
    sir, we're gonna need you to chill. if you didn't expect this then i don't know where you've been

also, it's not bullshit. we don't want to have to go back to our garrisons every day during legion along with our order hall stuff.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz