Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Sandboxes are the future of MMOs.
    Could be. Or we won't see another boom until some kind of advancement in technology. But sandboxes will at least continue to have their niche. Basically the Golden Age of MMOs has come and passed. What we're seeing is the market settle back down somewhere closer to pre-WoW levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Could be. Or we won't see another boom until some kind of advancement in technology. But sandboxes will at least continue to have their niche. Basically the Golden Age of MMOs has come and passed. What we're seeing is the market settle back down somewhere closer to pre-WoW levels.
    Maybe for the best! We all saw what happened to WoW once it started really really catering to the mass market. Tons and tons of polish ... but not great design philosophies or innovation.

Deleted
    Must say I am quite dissapointed in current mmo's. Eso is fun enough... but not great.

Sadly all current mmo's are p2w or f2p garbage mmo's.

I can agree, until I tried TSW (The Secret World). I thought it was garbage too at first. Character models are pretty poor and combat felt clunky. But then I started doing sabotage and investigation missions where you don't kill to finish them. It got me interested. Then as story began developing I realized I was playing a "gem".