Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    when you rightclick his pistol fires all 6 shots in like a second lol

anybody that isn't a mile away is instantly killed
    When you right click with McCree, his aiming reticle becomes a large circle. In order to hit with all 6 bullets, your opponent would have to be standing still in "shotgun range" inside that reticle. You would have to be in an extremely bad position to be killed with McCrees right click. That ability is to save himself for when someone gets into his kill range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I been cursed out for picking her, as opposed to Mercy. It seems like if you're not Mercy, you're hated
    All the support are good. A good Symmetra will wreck the SHIT out of someone, her charge ball can create a zoning effect because it travels slowly. She can set up turrets that sup her damage output and can place a teleporter on long run back maps like Hollywood and R66.

Lucio is probably the best, low skill cap, great reward. Wall riding, which at first seems like a gimmick until you learn the maps.

Zen is still fkn epic, even after his orb nerf last month.

Mercy is good, but in order to play her well, you have to master her, she requires a massive skill cap to keep your team buffed and to whip out the pistol and deal damage when needed.

As a new player, I would stay away from Mercy and Zen, until you learn the game a little better.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-05-03 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Fucking god damn Tracer!

Can't do anything, can't play any hero, without being shot in the fucking back by a god damn Tracer. Can't even kill it cause it just fucks off if you focus it.

I'm terrible at it, but i enjoy it still.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Fucking god damn Tracer!

Can't do anything, can't play any hero, without being shot in the fucking back by a god damn Tracer. Can't even kill it cause it just fucks off if you focus it.
    Don't worry love the cavalry's here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Torbjörn is weak. But Symmetra is really bad. Sure her teleport is great, but nothing she does apart from that is good. Her turrets die from a fart. Her gun is useless.
    Her gun's a support gun; none of them area amazing. It has some denial with the charge, though.
    Her turrets can be AMAZING. You just need to place them better. Yes, they die SUPER easy, but they're meant to be used as a trap, not like Torbjorn's turret. If the enemy can see Symmetra's turrets without getting shot by them, they're placed poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I been cursed out for picking her, as opposed to Mercy. It seems like if you're not Mercy, you're hated
    I use Lucio if we don't have a healer, typically. Mercy's rez can be great, but IME Lucio's AoE healing and his ult shields are pretty consistent. Depends on if the enemy team is focus firing people, in which case Mercy is "better", but with relatively new players, Lucio's pretty decent. The group mobility is also handy, especially after a wipe to get everyone back to the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking god damn Tracer!

A good Tracer is hard to deal with if you dont have a Mei or Genji on your team. Her weapons are close to med range, so she has to get close to land a kill or stick a bomb. Mei will end her quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    This issue is shared by many people and Blizz has yet to address it. So the fact that it's been known since at least November and it's still not addressed is not a beta issue to fix, it was also an alpha issue that went unaddressed. So the fact that I cannot play because Blizz can't fix or refuses to address an issue is plenty of reason to say it sucks.
    And your analogies are way off. The movie theater is not responsible for making the movie. And the restaurant is responsible for making the food taste good and the chef is part of that chain. So yes, I would blame the restaurant for a bad dish.
    Just as blizz is directly responsible for this game. Critical thinking skills are a marvelous thing to have.
    It's a beta dude. I don't understand how you fail to see how that works. You submit issues, they do their best to fix them. You think they just get your splat report and just throw it in the bin? Please use your head before you complain about dumb things..

mines been pretty awesome so far. a few of the characters are really fucking annoying to deal with, Phara and mei being the biggest pains in my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    A good Tracer is hard to deal with if you dont have a Mei or Genji on your team. Her weapons are close to med range, so she has to get close to land a kill or stick a bomb. Mei will end her quickly.
    Torb's turret will chew her up, if she shows up. Bastion can destroy her unless she sneaks behind him. If Junkrat's playing well, his trap can often snag her trying to sneak up on him.

And so forth. Tracer's annoying, but she's by no means OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fucking god damn Tracer!

muhahahah!
    tracers unite!

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this game is just all levels of smash hit. They nailed it. Played 3 games last night, all as Tracer, but messed around with all the classes in the training room. Aesthetic is top notch, character identity is diverse and interesting (from style to substance), and the gameplay is smoother than butter.

They definitely have the easy to play, difficult to master aspect that their games are known for. Not quite as fast, boring, and tactless as CoD and nowhere near as drawn out as Battlefield, but with more personality than either of them could dream of. If they can develop this game into a cartoon or movie, they are set to start building a Disneyesque empire with their IPs.

Also got an epic Tracer intro in my first box, the backflip one...so cool. Does open beta reset or does this carry to live now? I really hope this carries b/c I am never that lucky.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Also got an epic Tracer intro in my first box, the backflip one...so cool. Does open beta reset or does this carry to live now? I really hope this carries b/c I am never that lucky.
    It's resetting. They even reset everything FOR the open beta; I'd gotten up to level 7 or so in the prior stress test, when they'd added progression, and that was wiped before open beta early access.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played about 7 hours.

So far I'm definitely enjoying the game, and craving to play more. My favorite heroes are Mei, Widowmaker, and Hanzo, and as a result of that I seem to enjoy defending a lot more than attacking. Some runner up heroes would be D.Va, Pharah, and Mercy, but I'm honestly not really enjoying any of the offensive heroes right now.

I don't think any of the heroes are particularly OP, some of them just counter others, or do better at certain things on certain maps. I've found myself being the victim of Reaper more than any other hero.

Anyway, definitely going to continue playing. It's a really fun game!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's resetting. They even reset everything FOR the open beta; I'd gotten up to level 7 or so in the prior stress test, when they'd added progression, and that was wiped before open beta early access.
    *Darth Vader* NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm probably never going to see that intro animation when I play on live and I flipping love it. I'm glad I asked though, as I'll probably just not play it the rest of the week now.
    BAD WOLF

Hmmm... Indeed. People said that tanks are not actually soakers. Just a bit more durable heroes. With this I have had some extra success with Roadhog that previously was just... shit to me. I thought his purpose was to pull people in and your team can then pwn the defenseless enemies. Yet, I found that if I stay in closed areas. As in go around houses, tunnels, ect. and drink practically all the time, I can cause some serious damage and stay up easily since that shotgun in close range wrecks stuff. Also pulling people in with hook.

I think I'm finally getting hang of stuff.

Most problematic enemies are still Phara(sp?) and Reaper. These wreck me regardless what hero I use and I can't seem to use these two well myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Hmmm... Indeed. People said that tanks are not actually soakers. Just a bit more durable heroes. With this I have had some extra success with Roadhog that previously was just... shit to me. I thought his purpose was to pull people in and your team can then pwn the defenseless enemies. Yet, I found that if I stay in closed areas. As in go around houses, tunnels, ect. and drink practically all the time, I can cause some serious damage and stay up easily since that shotgun in close range wrecks stuff. Also pulling people in with hook.
    For instance, I just had a match (on Gibraltar? I think? a payload map that starts in the open by cliffs) where I played Roadhog on defense, got a 12-player kill streak before I died the first time. Never sat on the payload. I was constantly circling around, snagging people and executing them, or grabbing their Reinhardt when his shield dropped for a second and hauling him away from Mercy into crossfire from my team, for a kill. Never soaked damage, never really had to rely on our team's healer (which meant they were free to keep everyone ELSE up), and just made my entire focus breaking the enemy's advance every time they made a push, by taking out a lynchpin somehow. We kept the payload from turning that first corner.

You don't need to sit on the point. If you want to do that, Reinhardt's your man (and I'm not crapping on Reinhardt; second-favorite tank hero). If you're drawing fire and not dying and front-and-center, you're a tank. Roadhog can't sit and eat focus fire like Reinhardt's shield, but that self-heal is on a STUPID-low cooldown; I'd constantly lose half my health, and pop back to full. Gives you the ability to pop out and try to snag a Bastion who's turreted up (which breaks them out of turret mode, FYI), and if you miss, you just heal back up. Combined with his damage resistance and highish health, gives him a lot of uptime if you're not begging them to hit you.

Most problematic enemies are still Phara(sp?) and Reaper. These wreck me regardless what hero I use and I can't seem to use these two well myself.
    There's a big rock/paper/scissors to Overwatch. Pharah is gonna wreck you as Roadhog. If she's airborne, she's out of hook range, and you've got little mobility to scamper for cover.

Reaper, though? Reaper is TASTY TASTY SNACK TIME. He needs to get in close, too, but you've got WAY more health, and you can hook him to cancel his ultimate. A hook and two shots to the face will kill Reaper from full. And if he's hurt basically at all, it's just a one-shot to the face. If I had to pick a hard counter to Reaper, Roadhog would be high on that list, particularly as I'm usually roaming with Roadhog in the same way that Reaper does. If he uses his shift to shadow up when he sees you, just wait and follow him, and THEN hook him in the face.

I meant that they are so far problem as any hero I have played. Not just tanks. Reapers seem to kill me before I get to do much and Pharas kill me from far away and is hard to hit.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm done with this game, got to level 8 and I find that I get pissed a lot more often than I'm having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I meant that they are so far problem as any hero I have played. Not just tanks. Reapers seem to kill me before I get to do much and Pharas kill me from far away and is hard to hit.
    Reapers get kills because you don't notice them backdooring you. Better awareness is a big help.

Pharahs need to be counterplayed. Pretty much anyone with instant-travel long-range weapons will do that; Widowmaker's an obvious one. She's also a COMPLETE sitting duck in her Ult.

Deleted
    Game was pretty disappointing for me, I had semi high hopes of this finally being the FPS i was missing for years but was pretty realistic that it wouldn't be and would be more in line with TF2, a game i just could not get into. Turns out it was the latter, but even TF2 kept me occupied for a good few months.

It was pretty fun for a bit but the novelty wore off very quickly, it is an extremely well polished game for what it offers at the moment however it seems to be VERY small in content in comparison to other games of the genre, it really feels like they just took the pvp part of the titan mmo they were working on, repackaged it a bit and released it as a standalone game. It's like taking battlegrounds in wow and making that a standalone game, while that may appeal to some it doesn't to me, especially for the asking price of £44.99.

A positive was the distinct footstep sounds which i was very surprised to hear in this game, i did not expect that at all, Lack of sprint and ADS were a big negative for me, it's something i have became quite accustomed to in fps these days and i was really missing it.

If you're into TF2 then you will probably like it, if CoD or CS:GO etc is more your thing you probably wont.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2016-05-03 at 07:42 PM.