Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    is it possible he made the right choices and lost his great paying job to a 5 dollar an hour china factory...and is now forced to work a low wage job?
    why assume he is uneducated and has no skills?
    Because Ted Cruz told him all people on welfare are lazy drug addicted criminal scum, the Zodiac Killer would never lie to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Taking care of his kid? You know that little dude in the cart throughout the whole video.
    Of course the ruling will come back with; "you shouldn't have kids" or "you should basically eat, shit and sleep". You know the attitude if people are below you. It is good to kick them down. Treat them like shit. To make that person feel better.

Ironic part is I can safely say almost everyone on MMO-C is much closer or can relate to guy in the video than than person saying "Fuck em" and drive off in his Ferrari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If a guy is working 60 hours a week and still on food stamps and isn't crippled at all, I would say "What the hell is he doing with his time and money?"
    A modest 2 bedroom rental where I live that isn't in a sketchy area is $600-700 a month without utilities. Daycare can run up to $400 a month. Then you have food, car related bills, medical needs, clothes etc. If he is working minimum wage or near minimum wage, he would be living paycheck to paycheck at even 50-60 hours. One medical related problem and hes screwed. His car breaks down, hes screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yes it is sad that people made bad choices in life and left themselves with the only option is to work low skilled low pay jobs, but why does everyone else have to suffer the consequence of other peoples piss pool decision they made

it says the guy made bad choices and has no education or skills so his only option is to work no skill low wage jobs
    Ignoring the fact that poor choices are far from the only reason that people work in low-skill jobs, let's ask what would happen if all of these people made better decisions. Would they all have better jobs?

No. We would still have a need for people who bag groceries, stock shelves, flip burgers, and other low-skill tasks. We could send everybody to college and they could all get STEM degrees with good prospects, but then we'd end up with a society of highly overqualified cashiers (not to mention that over-saturation of STEM degrees would bring down wages in those jobs).

As long as the jobs exist, somebody will do them, and the people that do need to earn an actual living. Even if everybody worked hard and made good decisions with their lives and with their money, we would still have people in low-skill jobs because companies still need people to do those jobs.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2016-05-03 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    is it possible he made the right choices and lost his great paying job to a 5 dollar an hour china factory...and is now forced to work a low wage job?
    why assume he is uneducated and has no skills?
    if he made good choices he would have marketable skills that would but him in a position to get another job and no turning a level or driving a screw on some assembly line isn't a marketable skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Of course the ruling will come back with; "you shouldn't have kids" or "you should basically eat, shit and sleep". You know the attitude if people are below you. It is good to kick them down. Treat them like shit. To make that person feel better.

Ironic part is I can safely say almost everyone on MMO-C is much closer or can relate to guy in the video than than person saying "Fuck em" and drive off in his Ferrari.
    You've been here long enough to know that a majority of those posters are self-admitted low middle class workers themselves. Hell some of them have even admitted committing fraud to take government money and still chastise other people fighting for better wages and benefits for all.

if he made good choices he would have marketable skills that would but him in a position to get another job and no turning a level or driving a screw on some assembly line isn't a marketable skill
    The sad part is when it's your turn to learn your lesson about the system, the people who have been there and know exactly what kind of person you used to be will help you anyways because they've been there and you'll just shrug it off without a thank you and learn nothing about the world in the process.

Right, but if he'd made better choices, then someone else would have his current job, and they'd be in the same situation. Individual solutions are not societal solutions (See my above post)

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The amount of money that she puts in towards his food stamps is like what(?) one billionth, a trillionth? The argument that someone pays for an individual through the government is one of the dumbest arguments around.
    I work for local government. "I pay your wages!" is a common attack the public use against us over the phone.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    the shitty system of if you make bad choices in life and the only option you left yourself is to work no skill low wage jobs the problem are with the ones that made those bad choices not the wage
    The system doesn't work if everyone makes the "right" choices. It simply isn't designed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The system doesn't work if everyone makes the "right" choices. It simply isn't designed that way.
    Yeah it's sad how people fail at basic fucking math.

100 people can graduate from law school, but there's only 2 partners and 98 secretaries working at any given law firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Ignoring the fact that poor choices are far from the only reason that people work in low-skill jobs, let's ask what would happen if all of these people made better decisions. Would they all have better jobs?

No. We would still have a need for people who bag groceries, stock shelves, flip burgers, and other low-skill tasks. We could send everybody to college and they could all get STEM degrees with good prospects, but then we'd end up with a society of highly overqualified cashiers (not to mention that over-saturation of STEM degrees would bring down wages in those jobs).

As long as the jobs exist, somebody will do them, and the people that do need to earn an actual living. Even if everybody worked hard and made good decisions with their lives and with their money, we would still have people in low-skill jobs because companies still need people to do those jobs.
    you will always have those that make piss poor descsions that only gives them the option to work no skill low wage jobs
    so lets take you anolgy in reverse. what if we make those no skill low wage jobs make the same or close to the same as skilled higher pay jobs what will give people the incentive to make right decision and put forth the effort to get an education learn a skill it isn't going much more then if they didn't

the shitty system of if you make bad choices in life and the only option you left yourself is to work no skill low wage jobs the problem are with the ones that made those bad choices not the wage
    Must be some nice place you live in where no one has to work low wage jobs.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Right, but if he'd made better choices, then someone else would have his current job, and they'd be in the same situation. Individual solutions are not societal solutions (See my above post)
    Wow! I have never been arrested. Never stolen or cheated anyone (oh wait candy once when I was real young). Went to school and college. I can really brag I have never made any bad choices in my life.

So in Vyxn's definition, I should have made choice where I am making multi millions a year. I mean if life is about making decisions. I am up at the top.

Yes my conclusion is stupid. Makes about as much sense as Vyxn.

This bitch is probably mad that another customer at one time paid for someone else's groceries when SNAP failed to go through. I've seen it happen a lot in stores like Walmart, some people really care.

Blows my mind people bitch about minimum wage increases, but as it is now minimum wage in most cases qualifies you for assistance. I guess people just want to watch others starve, struggle, and stress about life as their reward for not going to college.

Not everyone needs to go to college, nor should they.

Who would work in this huge strip mall - plaza called the United States if everyone went to college?

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    you will never have it so everyone makes the right choices and why the system works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah it's sad how people fail at basic fucking math.

100 people can graduate from law school, but there's only 2 partners and 98 secretaries working at any given law firm.
    no it is sad that people don't live in reality live in the real world which is you will always have idiots that make bad choices

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If a guy is working 60 hours a week and still on food stamps and isn't crippled at all, I would say "What the hell is he doing with his time and money?"
    For one he has a kid. That's all we know about the man. Maybe his wife left him or passed away? Maybe he has other kids? Maybe he's a successful drug dealer and simply hiding his income from the government! Point is no one knows his exact situation, especially that woman.

He applied and got approved for food assistance. They saw the information he provided and often times they interview the applicant on income situations. Want to get vent anger? Vent it at the application process or the government policies.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Must be some nice place you live in where no one has to work low wage jobs.
    you will always have idiots that have made bad choices so you will always have a fresh supply of idiots to work those no skill low wage jobs
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-05-03 at 07:50 PM.

no it is sad that people don't live in reality live in the real world which is you will always have idiots that make bad choices
    You're right. It is sad someone doesn't live in reality .

you will always have idiots that have bad choices so you will always have a fresh supply of idiots to work those no skill low wage jobs
    Everyone could be intelligent and there would still be someone having to clean the floors.

10+ Year Old Account
    you will never have it so everyone makes the right choices and why the system works
    So you acknowledge there will always be those at the bottom, you acknowledge the system was designed with this in mind...

Yet you still advocate those people be treated like shit and deserve nothing as punishment for their being at the bottom... You are something else.