Poll: how important

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be major attraction for me to fully invest. It's uncomfortable if there's a situation where I don't feel comfortable with the physical aspect of a relationship.
    Hygiene plays a huge part in this,for me.

Deleted
    When you get older you stop caring so much. Most people just want an attractive partner because they want OTHER people to think he/she is attractive.

Meanwhile i'm cleaning up at the discount aisle at the clubs. Her face may only be a 5 but her body and attitude is a 10+

somewhat important. Not the most vital component however if the attraction physically isn't there intimacy will be close to impossible.

In my case I do not find some things unattractive that most people might take issue with( 1 missing eye, mismatched colored eyes, missing a hand.) I think I could easily date a girl with a disability who is overall cute and has a good personality.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-05-03 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    For men it's obviously more important than for women.

That's also why so many of us are trading in their wife around the age of 50 for a younger version

Deleted
    What would the exact difference be between "I don't care" and "not important" ?

I think in most cases it doesn't matter if he or she is attractive, the important thing, like others have said is that you find him/her attractive.
    The first contact is often initiated because you are interested in someone which is usually based on their looks and how much you are attracted to that.

I assume you mean physically because attraction in general is the entire reason to have a relationship.

I'd say very important. But my tastes are broad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an Odd question, because regardless you could see Attractive as 2 different things.

Are they 1) Attractive in the sense they are Superficially "Good looking" to most people.
    Or are they 2) Attractive because you personally find them attractive.

Id say nearly everyone would choose 2) because why would you be with someone you weren't attracted to in SOME way. I've dated Girls I was incredibly attracted to that most of my friends didn't think were "attractive"

So it's an odd question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not looking to date a model or anything

but if i look at ur face i gotta be thinking "man we'd make some really hot babies" if im gonna date u

..but sometimes you meet someone and you just don't care they aren't a 7 and it's ok that they are a 5 because you just like spending time with them

I'd say highly important for me. I may have become too picky recently, before I'd like 6-10s, now I'm like "9 and 10 only". I don't know what's made me more picky.
    X

Deleted
    Only a sad OR a manipulative person would have a partner that is not attractive in some way. Few people care only about mental or physical attactivity only; most are somewhere in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    I'd say highly important for me. I may have become too picky recently, before I'd like 6-10s, now I'm like "9 and 10 only". I don't know what's made me more picky.
    Options made you more picky? Now that I have options to drink high quality coffee, I wouldn't drink 6/10 coffee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Only a sad OR a manipulative person would have a partner that is not attractive in some way. Few people care only about mental or physical attactivity only; most are somewhere in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Options made you more picky? Now that I have options to drink high quality coffee, I wouldn't drink 6/10 coffee.

This is kinda the basic rule I guess. If you can do better, you often will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I need to find them attractive to want to date them. But they don't have to be model tier good looking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Well I need to find them attractive to want to date them. But they don't have to be model tier good looking
    I find few models attractive... too thin. I like females with bodies that are "beach-ready v.2" - with some muscles made by working out. (those also last much longer during sex, they don't get tired after 50 seconds)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This is kinda the basic rule I guess. If you can do better, you often will.
    True that.

I only try to form relationships with people who utterly repulse me.

It's too easy otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Your survey answers are basically 1 and 2 2 .. "Very important" or two basic: I don't care's.

So uh .. where's the "Somewhat important"? Because that's me.

She can be the most wonderful person, personality-wise but if she's ugly as hell .. I'm sorry. There's no getting around that one.

I don't need a girl to be stunningly gorgeous, though it sure as hell helps .. -- my last G/F was a little overweight and not the cutest girl around .. what ended that, was her lack of confidence in herself and her own body. If she'd been able to be confident of herself, we woulda' been fine.

Sadly, she convinced me I wasn't going to break down that wall, no matter how long I tried.
    One of the reasons I moved on ..

Appearance matters, but it's negotiable with me. Confidence and personality can count for alot with me.

Ladies, be confident if your boyfriend tells you repeatedly that he's attracted to you, believe him. Don't just keep telling yourself "he's just lying to me because he's sweet."

That will wear us down and wear us out.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    When you get older you stop caring so much. Most people just want an attractive partner because they want OTHER people to think he/she is attractive.

Meanwhile i'm cleaning up at the discount aisle at the clubs. Her face may only be a 5 but her body and attitude is a 10+
    Top quality post 10/10 ign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I only try to form relationships with people who utterly repulse me.

It's too easy otherwise.
    The shitposting in this thread XD.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a girl being attractive is the most important thing when starting relationships. First though, let me just say that when I say attractive I don't mean the girl having to look like a Victoria's Secret model or anything but attractive enough for me to think "wow she's cute, I'd love to talk to her". If the girl is going to be looking like Shrek's wife then I'm going to have no desire whatsoever to go and talk to her. That's why I've learned that personality isn't as important as some people will say. They could be the most respectful person in the world but if that physical attraction isn't there then nothing will come out of it except for maybe a simple friendship, that's it and that's even if we talk to each other.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisboss View Post
    how is important that your partner is a very attractive? very important or not ?
    Well. If you are asking, "How important is it that they are VERY attractive", It isn't as important as their personality, what they stand for, and what they are interested in. But if you were to ask, "How important is it that they are attractive to me" I would say that is pretty important. Physical Attraction is subjective. I am attracted to women that someone else might not be.

Going with the former though, those who vote that it is important that their potential partner is VERY attractive, either says they are interpreting the question differently than I did, or that they themselves are very attractive and want a partner that is inline with their own attractiveness, or their standards are WAY too high, which will likely result in a life of loneliness. And from seeing people in the "Post a picture of yourself" thread, the majority have their standards set too high. There are quite the collection of people on here who are quite attractive, but certainly not the majority.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    I'm quite average across the board looks and height wise, yet my prior partners have all been objectively quite beautiful.

Could I date someone who's not ticking all the boxes? Yeah, I could; But only small things like hair colour or eye colour, not weight nor ethnicity or whatever else.

I'm lucky that my so is ticking all the boxes though

Downside is she's a loud girl, I'm the quiet kind so we bring each other out in certain ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    No worries, I used the quote pics on contrast purpose. As in people reclaiming a very attractive person (like some other posts) often do it by opposition to "not wanting an ugly person". There's rarely some nuance, it's either full amazement or gtfo, which is why the average guys/girls often come noticed last. Problem is, there are more average people than both sides of the spectrum.
    Which I find it hilarious. As an average person, I landed an average girl. We are super happy together, and have no issues. Average people, with an above average relationship.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.