Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Did not.
    EVGA says that nVidia Debug Mode will put the card at nVidia's reference levels when my GPU software is not running.

They pushed the request to a their Advanced RMA program to send me a card ahead of time, and send this one back. Free of charge in Shipping and Replacement unless the current card is physically damaged, then they are going to charge me full-price for the new GPU...

They seem to think that it is a nVidia issue, not an EVGA issue, but they are at least honouring their warranty policies unlike some others...

I would much rather have a refund for this card to push for a purchase in a newer one, but I'm well past that refund date.

As for why Debug mode started to hike up my Temperatures and not turn on the fans, I have no idea...
    Debug modes generally are "safe modes" where logs are created during the process to figure possible stuff out.

Regardless I doubt it's an "nVidia only thing" and more likely that the GPU simply wasn't tested for OpenGL applications or it was and somehow was damaged afterwards.
    But... you're getting an Advanced RMA so I call that a win/win ... do make pictures of the card and box (pref a movie) for your own security though for the shipping stuff.

I've had a mobo company (MSI) claim that I sent them back a physically damaged board and they claiming the box was perfectly intact and wanted to charge me € 130,- for replacing the mobo .. if I didn't have close-up pics AND a movie where I packed that stuff in an intact state (they showed me a picture of a broken off sound connectors as well as 3 snapped off VRMs along with the heatsink) I would've had to pay that since I sent back everything I got with it originally, box and all.

Turned out it was a "mistaken identity" case according to them as I discovered from the pictures they sent me that the serial numbers didn't match from my pics, video and RMA form...

Now such occurrences are of course rare but I'd rather cover my ass and not use it than needing it and not having it.

Now let us know when you receive the new card and if it screws up again or actually works.

Asked a question about why they needed a credit card in order to further the RMA, and denied my invoice saying it was incorrect.

Went from getting responses in ~30m, to not getting a response for 7 hours when they have 24/7 support... Seems sketchy...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

15+ Year Old Account
    Asked a question about why they needed a credit card in order to further the RMA, and denied my invoice saying it was incorrect.

Went from getting responses in ~30m, to not getting a response for 7 hours when they have 24/7 support... Seems sketchy...
    Credit Cards are required for Advanced RMA so they can charge you from your account directly if you're trying to fool them or something.
    As for response speeds ... well that can happen but your invoice being incorrect.. well the only person that can judge that is you.

Odd...

Got my RMA today, but have no put it in yet.

But starting about an hour ago, I'm getting a ton of errors now, and another OpenGL error...

And in a game that doesn't even use OpenGL?

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ILLEGAL_OPCODE
    nvlddmkm Error 13
    and

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000002
    - - - Updated - - -

Eh, updated the EVGA support ticket since it is still open asking them a few things, and updating the errors codes before opening the package with the new GPU.

Did you remove the original drivers for the video card you had before installing?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Did you remove the original drivers for the video card you had before installing?
    Yup.
    Before putting the new card in, I used DDU to remove and shutdown.

Installed new drivers (This time EVGA wanted me to use 359.06).
    They wanted me to download the Valley Benchmark, and set it on High, and switch it to OpenGL.

Did that, and not only was I able to load it, I also ran it, and passed it.

Not with great results, but the card didn't crash.

Thinking that they where wanting to really stress out the card to intentionally attempt to create some OpenGL errors?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup.
    Before putting the new card in, I used DDU to remove and shutdown.

Installed new drivers (This time EVGA wanted me to use 359.06).
    They wanted me to download the Valley Benchmark, and set it on High, and switch it to OpenGL.

Did that, and not only was I able to load it, I also ran it, and passed it.

Not with great results, but the card didn't crash.

Thinking that they where wanting to really stress out the card to intentionally attempt to create some OpenGL errors?
    Hmmm..

I've had it happen that some GFX cards did not deal well with power states.
    Could you try setting your power profile to "Performance" and run any of your earlier OpenGL games?

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Hmmm..

I've had it happen that some GFX cards did not deal well with power states.
    Could you try setting your power profile to "Performance" and run any of your earlier OpenGL games?
    Erm...

I'm on the newer card, and it is running.

Are you suggesting for me to throw in the new card and test it?

And which power profile are you speaking of?

15+ Year Old Account
    Erm...

I'm on the newer card, and it is running.

Are you suggesting for me to throw in the new card and test it?

And which power profile are you speaking of?
    Ah I thought you were on your old card still.
    I figured if you were on your old card you could try what I suggested to see if it made any difference.

As for power profile it's:

Start --> Control Panel --> Power Options --> Set the power plan to "High Performance".

But it's pointless if the new card is in and working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Ah I thought you were on your old card still.
    I figured if you were on your old card you could try what I suggested to see if it made any difference.

As for power profile it's:

Start --> Control Panel --> Power Options --> Set the power plan to "High Performance".

But it's pointless if the new card is in and working fine.
    Oh. I have that profile already on High Performance.

I was thinking you meant my GPU power profile, or something.