Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ganking: What is your stance on this?

What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.

There is absolutley no skill involved to do this. You are just being an ass to players lower then you. Which makes you a gigantic ass....

7+ Year Old Account
    as long as someone doesn't go full retard and is camping corpses, do whatever you want.

Formerly known as Arafal

I play on a PVE server, so unfortunately I'm unable to do fly by ganking. Sometimes though I'll fly over to Goldshire and kill guards/npcs until people show up, and I'll gank whoever is flagged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    There is absolutley no skill involved to do this. You are just being an ass to players lower then you. Which makes you a gigantic ass....
    But isn't that the risk you take when rolling a character on a PvP server? You willingly allow yourself to be killed even from higher level players.

I am pro-ganking. I enjoy being ganked and doing the ganking. As long as it's not camping, it's fine. And I think it adds a lot of flavor to the game. It always motivated me to level up to get revenge. It helped me dislike alliance, as horde, even more -- instead of manufacturing that feeling, it was real. I always respected players who just kill me and move on.

The only time I don't like it being done to me is when I'm already on tilt because of something else. lol

If its red its dead.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I played on a pvp server I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to me or someone else, whereas for PVE I hate it happening to myself and others. I'm not a big fan of the act itself.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    are you telling me theres such thing? ganking without camping? it doesnt make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    are you telling me theres such thing? ganking without camping? it doesnt make sense.
    Yeah, the ganker sees a terrible horde low level player and they kill them real fast and move along about their business. It happens all the time. Usually when im out an about doing questing or whatever, the gankers that kill me only do it once and then I never see them again.

I really don't mind campers either.

I have camped many horde before to get them to bring their mains / friends / guildies to start a pvp war in the middle of a low level zone. Very fun.

Ganking and camping are both intrinsic and vital parts of playing on a PvP server, which is why I stick to PvE. I fully approve of the practices but don't want to experience them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But isn't that the risk you take when rolling a character on a PvP server? You willingly allow yourself to be killed even from higher level players.
    Ofc, and this is why I go to pvp servers. But I never gank players questing lower then me just to be an ass. If we are around same level, and there can be some resistance or a fair fight, Im all for that as Im real pvp'er, not a douchebag.

There should be limit to who you can pvp agains. Anybody lower then 5 leves of you should be out of question. Especcialy at low leveles. The worst retards are those level 30-40 who got bored of questing so they go to lvl 10-20 areas just to make life hard for people. Wtf is the point?

Deleted
    My stance? It is to be expected. Doesn't mean the people doing it every day are people I have to respect. And it doesn't mean I cannot hunt those people down. But mostly if they are ganking and camping in combination. A one-off is most of the time not really easy to hunt down anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    its repaid in kind, and it will be a vicious circle for the duration of this game, so you might as well join in the fun of baiting mains in! i ganked 2 level 100s today in hellfire on my ele shammy, apparently a hunter and prot pala do not understand that you don't stand in melee, on a small roof (the overlook) which has a gaping crater beneath it! lols were indeed had!

(oh and some lowbies were caught in the crossfire, weeps were had)

If you don't want to get ganked don't play on a pvp server, I purposely play on pvp servers when I want to kill lowbies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc, and this is why I go to pvp servers. But I never gank players questing lower then me just to be an ass. If we are around same level, and there can be some resistance or a fair fight, Im all for that as Im real pvp'er, not a douchebag.

There should be limit to who you can pvp agains. Anybody lower then 5 leves of you should be out of question. Especcialy at low leveles. The worst retards are those level 30-40 who got bored of questing so they go to lvl 10-20 areas just to make life hard for people. Wtf is the point?
    fun? they can play the game however they wish against another faction on a designated pvp server

10+ Year Old Account

So you are okay facing a brand new dinged level 100 with 200k life, while you being in full 740 pvp gear? Yeah thats just as bad as ganking someone 20 levels lower than you.

A bite on the first reply, congratulations OP.

I think ganking is a non-issue. PvP servers are basically gank servers, it's what they're for and it's what you sign up to when you play on one.

PvP server is fair game. Don't like it? Go PvE.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day