Legion healer dps

Not able to find any scuttlebutt on which Legion healer has some groovy DPS going on. (yes, yes. tuning blah, blah) My wife is going to be playing a mage and I said I would level a healer and quest with her for giggles. Anyone have a fave in this department so far?

Dont worry you will be too busy trying to keep the tank from taking a dirt nap to dps.
    Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Dont worry you will be too busy trying to keep the tank from taking a dirt nap to dps.
    I think they meant more for leveling purposes anyway, considering, you know, that's what they said they wanted to know for in the post. lol.

I think all healers are definitely capable, sans tuning that is left to be done. But don't expect even your mistweaver or disc priest to pump out the same dps as a real dps. It's more that all healing classes in Legion will be capable of doing roughly the dps that a mistweaver can do currently on live when compared to a real dps. The only downside being that, other than disc priest, you don't get to heal people with your dps.

Just level as dps if you don't want to be mad all the time.

Healer dps is still complete uter crap.

I takes me 2 minutes to down some rares as a mistweaver, and I have seen some mobs take 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Just level as dps if you don't want to be mad all the time.

Healer dps is still complete uter crap.

I takes me 2 minutes to down some rares as a mistweaver, and I have seen some mobs take 4 minutes.
    There was a special mechanic for each healer, so they can do tolerable dmg in solo situations, like Stoneclaw totem for shamans or Thorns for Druids. Does it still exist?

How about Holy Paladins? Regarding Blizzard, they should be in Legion, damage dealer healers (though not as good as dps). Did they failed on their goal, or is it real?

10+ Year Old Account
    So far my rough approximation is that healers do 50% the DPS that tanks do. (This is looking at the situation from in-raid) The healer that is an exception is Discipline, I'd say they're doing around 50% of a DPS spec, or tank-level damage. This translates fairly well into all content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    How about Holy Paladins? Regarding Blizzard, they should be in Legion, damage dealer healers (though not as good as dps). Did they failed on their goal, or is it real?
    I thought it was supposed to be disc priests, could be wrong though. I hope holy paladins can do more damage in Legion, as I've mained a holy paladin since BC.

I feel like healers should do utter garbage dps though, that's what keeps people from just rolling a healer and dpsing. Plus, imagine the rage from the PvP world if healers did as much damage as a dps and also healed as much as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be disc priests, could be wrong though. I hope holy paladins can do more damage in Legion, as I've mained a holy paladin since BC.
    You are wrong in Legion. Devs want to make holy paladins good at dps because they are now contact healers, and reciprocally.

How should it translate in pvp or pve, they sure need to deal decent damage to make up for the close quarter healing.......

Also a paladin doing no damage was utterly wrong, and contrary to you, I am pleased they are finally changing their mind. It just took time, this is a mess since BC indeed.

I consider finally playing that guy I will end your monopoly (will maybie play prot though I dunno), if he doesn't still get garbage damage on top of being a contact healer now....we all know this may happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evandril View Post
    So far my rough approximation is that healers do 50% the DPS that tanks do. (This is looking at the situation from in-raid) The healer that is an exception is Discipline, I'd say they're doing around 50% of a DPS spec, or tank-level damage. This translates fairly well into all content.
    Very interesting data, thank you about that.

You are wrong in Legion. Devs want to make holy paladins good at dps because they are now contact healers, and reciprocally.

How should it translate in pvp or pve, they sure need to deal decent damage to make up for the close quarter healing.......

Also a paladin doing no damage was utterly wrong, and contrary to you, I am pleased they are finally changing their mind. It just took time, this is a mess since BC indeed.

I consider finally playing that guy I will end your monopoly (will maybie play prot though I dunno), if he doesn't still get garbage damage on top of being a contact healer now....we all know this may happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol data. He didn't give data, he pulled rough numbers completely out his ass from an untuned Alpha state.

No one knows what the end dps will be for healers, but Blizzard assures you'll be able to level as one without too much trouble. Just don't ever expect to deal as much damage as a real dps and you won't be disappointed.

e pulled rough numbers completely out his ass
    he is actually the one helping the OP and other people who want to get an idea about healer DPS which mind you, is the topic at hand, and for now : everyone knows this is alpha, are you 10 years old? Way to insult people who want to help ya know, his contribution is > to yours.

he is actually the one helping the OP and other people who want to get an idea about healer DPS which mind you, is the topic at hand, and for now : everyone knows this is alpha, are you 10 years old? Way to insult people who want to help ya know, his contribution is > to yours.
    It's actually not. The information I gave was rough ideas of what he could expect. It's fact a healer won't be doing an actual dps's dps. Blizzard's made that pretty clear. All we know at this point is that healing classes that didn't previously have a lot of dps tools in their kit now have more, and that's that. We know Blizzard's idea is that all healers during raids and dungeons can help dps a little during extremely low damage phases. But anyone trying to give people actual numbers at this point are just hurting the discussion rather than helping it, as no one knows where the tuning is going to land in the end.

Plus, the dps you're going to be doing during a raid doesn't translate 100% over to outdoor world content, because unless you do 0% healing in a raid and 100% dps in a raid, those numbers will never be the same. He gave information based off raid data, which isn't what the OP was asking for at all.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't really turn out that way for holy paladins, at least not in the current state of Legion. They always suggest that each expansion, by the way, that paladins should be "battle healers" - and it never really works out. The same is true here, particularly now that BoSaviour is gone. I suppose you could Crusader's Might your way to victory, but in the dungeons I have healed it seems better all the way around to forego that and heal like you always have.

Holy paladin damage isn't terrible, it's just low and the leveling process is slow because of that. I've gotten to 102 questing as holy to try it out in good faith, but that's about all I can stand. I'm hard to kill, but it takes forever to kill anything, so I will be switching to ret just to make the leveling process go faster.

Disc is the damage dealing healer spec, they literally deal damage to heal.
    Last edited by Unir; 2016-05-16 at 03:49 AM.

if healers and tanks could do 90% of the dps that DPS players do, you'd probably see more people play them.

My premade 680 Mistweaver does 38-42k dps on level 100 mobs, which is a fair bit more than fistweaving of that ilvl on live, so I assume with the 730 gear my main has it'll be significantly higher. That being said, it does take quite some time to kill some things so it will be a painful process doing top level quests.

There is however an increase of 1% damage per trait in the artifact tree at 110 which should make a fair bit of a difference that we can't test at the moment.

It's actually not. The information I gave was rough ideas of what he could expect. It's fact a healer won't be doing an actual dps's dps. Blizzard's made that pretty clear. All we know at this point is that healing classes that didn't previously have a lot of dps tools in their kit now have more, and that's that. We know Blizzard's idea is that all healers during raids and dungeons can help dps a little during extremely low damage phases. But anyone trying to give people actual numbers at this point are just hurting the discussion rather than helping it, as no one knows where the tuning is going to land in the end.

Plus, the dps you're going to be doing during a raid doesn't translate 100% over to outdoor world content, because unless you do 0% healing in a raid and 100% dps in a raid, those numbers will never be the same. He gave information based off raid data, which isn't what the OP was asking for at all.
    Nobody asked for healers to do the dps of a DPS.... ya know your replies are "healers will do the same dps than before and this is fine", there, are your replies. You are not informative. You want to moderate the fact that healers dps is terrible, but we should suck it up. Screw your dungeons and raids centrism BTW, healers should do damage in questing.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    if healers and tanks could do 90% of the dps that DPS players do, you'd probably see more people play them.
    Good catch. To me, Healers especially holy paladins should do 75% of the dps that DPS players do (not counting burst), and I agree you'd see more people play them (same for tanks as well). Holy paladins especially should focus on dps in pvp at least (in dungeons and raids they will still heal), and (when they can), healing.

It didn't really turn out that way for holy paladins, at least not in the current state of Legion. They always suggest that each expansion, by the way, that paladins should be "battle healers" - and it never really works out. The same is true here, particularly now that BoSaviour is gone. I suppose you could Crusader's Might your way to victory, but in the dungeons I have healed it seems better all the way around to forego that and heal like you always have.

Holy paladin damage isn't terrible, it's just low and the leveling process is slow because of that. I've gotten to 102 questing as holy to try it out in good faith, but that's about all I can stand. I'm hard to kill, but it takes forever to kill anything, so I will be switching to ret just to make the leveling process go faster.
    Holy paladins dps was fine in classic before the nerf to seal of the crusader back then. It worked. Why? Because holy paladins didn't have instant heals for example, everything was hard cast, so in PVP, they pratically could heal only during divine shield. It's the direction after, that was wrong. Holy paladins were made priests in plate (worse than discipline priests at dps, even), the holy crusader was killed outright. I don't precisely play a holy paladin since then, stuck to big fatty 2H Ret since then.
    ....For example....., to balance things up...nuke da holy beacon(how is that holy paladin specific at the exclusion of dps amazes me), then adjust the paladin dps accordingly.
    Disc is the damage dealing healer spec, they literally deal damage to heal.
    Indeed, since BC. Why, exactly? Lore-wise, priests, except maybie shadow priests, looked for the paladin to be their warriors, because priests lore-wise fail at dps. How is that discipline priests do more damage than holy paladins? Bad design is bad.