Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Day 2

As the town awakes they gather in the town center to see who survived the night. As they look around they notice that no one is missing!

Day 2 has started!

You have 49 hours! Clock when I get home! Thursday 5-5-2016 at 4:00 pm est.

*Dudedduu has been replaced by Val, this has nothing to do with how long the day took to start, it's with me sitting in the dentist chair atm after voting*

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 2. The new Day 1 !!!

So everyone is still alive and there are multiple possible explanations for no kill at night, all of which were likely to be possibilities in the game anyway (vested target, doctor, jailer (a hark back from my previous game, an sk duo with a lookout ))

There's bound to be some small amounts of information gleaned, but all of it to power roles. (hah, power roles, geddit)

This is the story that never ends... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    MY apologies for not helping secure a lynch, I was away during deadline time period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were I to guess, a 20 man game of this story. I'd say there would be 2 kills, maybe 3. Good guys (no kill/possible vigilante/soloist), bad guys (1 kill, unless there's 2 factions) and "mercenaries" for a kill (so sk roles).

There's various funny business with the X-Men and with various characters across the various universes, so I guess a recruitment program could be in place too, traitors or whatever.

There are a few more possibilities, but we've very little to go on and anything more (including some of what i've posted as possibilities) is rather unlikely I'd think.

So we're back to square one, eh? I don't recall being in a situation before where we saw nobody lynched and then nobody dying the night after.

Good evening folks.

Allow me to go back and look at the past day's events before. Fortunately (and unusually for MMO-C mafia), we are on D2 and there's only been seven pages thus far, so it should be quick.

7+ Year Old Account
    /sniff

Yeah it's definitely lost the new game smell now, but otherwise it's like Day 1 continued with a vote reset. I guess I analyze the votes from yesterday, it feels like a random vote is inappropriate for today.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that really didn't do much. After gleaning through day 1, I didn't find hardly anything else besides fluff. The standouts after a second read-through:

1) Kurenai and Rixis didn't place a vote.
    2) The Kryll-Robo interaction page 1 (could be nothing, though it garnered some votes, probably joke votes though who knows)
    3) Monkz somewhat pushy questioning of Lelly on his (her?) reluctance to vote. (Also could be nothing)
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    I should probably have voted Arialla for being afk on my last post, especially given the vote tally showed it the most likely lynch, given the time (prior to the vote count all i knew was kryl and ari had a bunch of votes each). I went to bed then to work after that if memory serves, so I didn't have time after that to make a post because day had ended.

The Arialla wagon was interesting. I'd say either scum were deflecting (Kryllian) or Arialla is scum. It also possible scum just didn't care, either way I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a lynch in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post

2) The Kryll-Robo interaction page 1 (could be nothing, though it garnered some votes, probably joke votes though who knows)
    3) Monkz somewhat pushy questioning of Lelly on his (her?) reluctance to vote. (Also could be nothing)
    Well, what do you think about the things you just listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    /sniff

Yeah it's definitely lost the new game smell now, but otherwise it's like Day 1 continued with a vote reset. I guess I analyze the votes from yesterday, it feels like a random vote is inappropriate for today.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that really didn't do much. After gleaning through day 1, I didn't find hardly anything else besides fluff. The standouts after a second read-through:

Mea culpa. I would have voted Arialla but when I refreshed he had shown up, and it would've been ridiculous to vote Arialla for non-participation (the only valid reason I would have had to vote him) after that. I didn't feel like any other vote would've mattered given the time constraints.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

@Rixis and @kurenai, so who do you want to vote for today?

7+ Year Old Account
    @dupti

1) Given that there was a no lynch, I think that those that were not on one of the main trains or who did not vote might deserve a little more scrutiny, but without a kill yet townies can't get much information from analyzing the motivations behind yesterday's votes and trains. All I know is that a no lynch serves scum more than town. I'm the pro-lynch Clint Eastwood racist after all.

2) I'm reading this as currently just joking around on Day 1, because it seems too obvious to be a slip for a veteran Robo, and Kryllian is getting more confident as he plays.

3) Monkz is, like you, one of those players who likes to throw out questions to other people. I was wondering why Monkz was targeting Lelly specifically when there were others (like Graeham, per say) who had voiced their distaste for voting on Day 1, and it was weird because he kept it up for a few posts, and was disregarding other people's opinions on it (like Kryllian's). But it wasn't a hard push like Largehorn for Arlee Day 1 last game, so while I feel this is kinda weird, I also feel like I'm being nit-picky.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Alright, thanks for the answer.

1) For what it is worth, I'm not entirely sure what to make of the no lynch yet (as stated before). I'm really not a fan of the people not voting, but you also have to keep in mind that several people parked their votes (including me) on trains that were obviously not going to go through. Since we don't know what Arialla is yet I can't speculate too much, but if Arialla is town this is definitely somewhere I'd look for scum (obviously not a myself!1) and the non voters are questionable for obvious reasons.

2) Inclined to agree.

3) That's actually interesting and I'm honestly a bit disappointed you didn't directly question him about this (but I suppose you would've done later).

10+ Year Old Account
    No lynches are bad. A lynch is the towns only (disregarding unusual roles) way of killing people off, and thus their only real chance at eliminating a scum player. This is even more important if there's only one scum team, as they won't be killed off at night (other than if there's something like an sk, whom isn't really a team per se).

Day 2 is much like day 1, more so as we have very little information to go on compared to normal day 2's, with no lynch or night kill happening. Depending on who the scum are, you may be able to try and work out who would want the dead person killed, though a good (by my definition) scum team would throw out for a target none of them are connected too in any obvious sense. (which again can be cross referenced)

I'll have to look back, but as we don't know if Arialla is scum or not, we can't determine if there was a possibility that scum deflected off one of their own (kryl) onto an afk. If they did, how many of them did it take to succeed in moving it over, they wouldn't all want to pile on, that would be too obvious. There's also the possibility Arialla is scum, and we then have scum sitting in the middle of that (they wouldn't all want to avoid voting), so who are the potential scum there. They wouldn't want to tip the vote to throw their own person out, so some of those who didn't vote on Arialla will be scum.

Unfortunately as we killed neither Kryl nor Arialla, so we're not much wiser.

My gut says I have no idea who the buggery to vote for yet, but at the very least we know Arialla knows the game is active now. I tend to view day 1 as mostly fluff, it's what results from it that can provide further information, but pretty much nothing happened definitively with regards to passing us information.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify my first point a little more, whilst of course it's bad if town hits town, it's worth that risk to hit a scum, as lynches are the only way to eliminate scum. It can seem like a good idea for town to no-lynch to not eliminate a town, but it's not a good thing.

The whole malarky is flerpy, but I do remember reading up on it ages ago and their explanation seemed sound enough

To be completely honest I'm not entirely sure what your point is Rixis. I think pretty much everyone here agrees that no lynching is bad. There's nothing we can do about it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

My gut says I have no idea who the buggery to vote for yet, but at the very least we know Arialla knows the game is active now. I tend to view day 1 as mostly fluff, it's what results from it that can provide further information, but pretty much nothing happened definitively with regards to passing us information.
    Noted, but I'd really like to know what you want to do today because this just sounds like you're waiting for someone else to do something.

By the way since you didn't mention this, what if Arialla and Kryll are both town?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, probably just the way I read your saying "not sure what to make of the no lynch". You probably meant the circumstances surrounding why it happened rather than the effect of a no-lynch in general, but I like to cover all bases.

If they're both town it could be scum trying to sow dissent (scrutinising voting records becomes more convoluted, and splitting the vote leading to a no lynch benefits them (though obviously not directly were neither of them known to be scum (as in on that scum team, if they were possibly an sk thus scum but not known by scum to be scum)), or, people genuinely don't like lurkers/afk players and felt it better to get rid of Arialla than Kryl, leading to trying a more legitimate train.

Again, something we don't know much of anything about unfortunately >.<

I'm waiting for the day to progress, yeah. Unashamedly so, we've precious little to go on and very few people have posted this day so far, so whilst there's not a great deal we could learn, there's always the possibility of a slip from someone (like 2 games ago when arialla went all insane mode and outed himself as scum leading to a listo serial killer lynch).

I'd rather not start a vote (and potential train) based on day one fluffing or voting on someone who was, but is no longer a lurker.

/sheeple mode

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    The Arialla wagon was interesting. I'd say either scum were deflecting (Kryllian) or Arialla is scum. It also possible scum just didn't care, either way I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a lynch in.
    What's so interesting about the Arialla train? When you have no real evidence to point to one person or another as a lynch target go for a lurker. It had been something like 30+ hours since the game started and he hadn't even checked in. And since i'm not going to vote for myself I'll fall back to my comfort zone of voting for a lurker.

Given that we have modded majority if scum can't get a lynch on a town they're better off spreading their votes out to make that majority harder to get and get a no lynch. The people who sat on smaller trains until the end raise my suspicion at this point. It would've been better to unvote if they didn't want to commit or jump on one of our trains.

I see Rixis, thank you for being honest at least.

@Kryllian, it is interesting for multiple reasons:

a) Pretty much came out of nowhere and wasn't met with any active resistance (as in no one really attempted to stop it)
    b) Yet the lynch didn't go through.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to point out that while no lynching is bad for town, it isn't necessarily 'good' for scum especially not if the train is on one of them (for obvious reasons). We've never really seen scum directly aim for a no lynch on MMO-C.