Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz step down?

Isn't it about time that Bernie and Ted step down? They both aren't going to win their party's nomination, so why make fools of themselves and continue the charade of trying to force open conventions? Both are idiots anyway.

Do you think they should step down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope because Sanders keeps Clinton sharp and if Cruz keeps doing what he is doing, he fucks his own party in the ass. So its win-win.

I support bernie, however I don't see much of a point in either of the continuing to run. All they do is hurt their respective parties right now. In either case, I do think the republican party is screwed.

Sanders is under the inane idea that if he runs for long enough, Hillary is going to adopt all of his policies. Cruz on the flip side most be thinking that it's worth running just because even though his chance of winning the Primary is miniscule... I guess it's still a chance lol. Both are wasting their time.

Don't see a reason for Cruz to stay in. Bernie, on the other hand, has done well enough to possibly work deals at the convention to get Clinton and The Democratic party to shift more toward some of his policies in exchange for his support going forward.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The longer Sanders runs the more he makes Clinton look like a fool.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is also the possibility that the FBI is going to indict Hillary, and being that the FBI director is a staunch conservative who hasn't been afraid of politicking in the past, is just waiting for the most politically opportune moment to put her in cuffs: which is probably right after she wins the democratic nomination.

Bernie may be sticking around on the possibility that he might be POTUS by TKO. It's also worth noting that while Bernie's odds of winning are low - it's still not an over race on the Democratic side.

It's close enough that as it stands, Hillary cannot win without the superdelegate support - if she's about to get indicted - that support may not exist. If the superdelegates flip, Bernie suddenly has a bigger lead over Hillary, than Hillary has over Bernie today - so it really all comes down to what they do (democracy, what a lie!).

Cruz, by contrast, it is mathematically impossible for him to win. Trump is the GOP candidate, even if it goes to a contested convention at this point.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-05-03 at 09:25 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie actually has support. Cruz on the other hand..... is now the Zodiac killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanders still has some chance, from what I can see. Cruz though... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Why should they step down?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Bernie and Cruz can theoretically win the nomination even if it is unlikely so there is no reason to expect they would withdraw.

Once either Clinton or Trump has the required delegates to win on the first ballot (without superdelegates) then it's time to exit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Bernie actually has support. Cruz on the other hand..... is now the Zodiac killer.
    And his Dad was involved with the assassination of Kennedy.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-harvey-oswald
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Most people running for President know they aren't going to win. They are just in it for the political fame. Their reelections as Senators is practically guaranteed.

They both should step down. Neither is going to win. Hilary just outraised Sanders for the first time and Cruz... He looks like a bigger dumb ass every day.

I'd be fine with Trump and Cruz stepping down for sure.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get the "you might not win, so you should drop out rather than play it through" attitude.

And with the Republicans, they have every reason to want to bring about a brokered convention at the least, which would most likely not go for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And his Dad was involved with the assassination of Kennedy.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-harvey-oswald
    the plot thickens

DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNnnnn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really don't get the "you might not win, so you should drop out rather than play it through" attitude.
    Suppose you are playing a game of Chess. You are left with 5 Pawns and a King against 7 Pawns, a Queen and a King, not having any immediate ways to win. No matter what you do, you will lose. Yes, there is some theoretical minuscule chance that your opponent will slip up 10 times in a row and allow you to win - but it is so small, you might as well just surrender and not waste your time.

In case of Cruz vs Trump, only a miracle can save the former from a terrible loss. The way I see it, that chance is so small that Cruz would do better by stopping wasting time and money on his campaign and do something more productive with both.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Suppose you are playing a game of Chess. You are left with 5 Pawns and a King against 7 Pawns, a Queen and a King, not having any immediate ways to win. No matter what you do, you will lose. Yes, there is some theoretical minuscule chance that your opponent will slip up 10 times in a row and allow you to win - but it is so small, you might as well just surrender and not waste your time.
    Except there, the game is a self-contained thing with no connections to anything else.

The same can't be argued for political action.

In case of Cruz vs Trump, only a miracle can save the former from a terrible loss. The way I see it, that chance is so small that Cruz would do better by stopping wasting time and money on his campaign and do something more productive with both.
    Again, if they can prevent Trump from winning a majority of delegates, it goes to a brokered convention, and none of the votes they've had matter at all. Keeping Trump from straight-up winning uncontested is a victory with very real and immediate effects.

Doesn't matter if it means Cruz can't win. If Trump also can't win on delegates alone, that's a "win".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, if they can prevent Trump from winning a majority of delegates, it goes to a brokered convention, and none of the votes they've had matter at all. Keeping Trump from straight-up winning uncontested is a victory with very real and immediate effects.

Doesn't matter if it means Cruz can't win. If Trump also can't win on delegates alone, that's a "win".
    No, basically what Cruz does is basically ensuring Hillary victory. If they end up pulling out this convention trick, it is a sure victory for Clinton, simply because Trump voters won't forgive this literal betrayal by GOP and I am sure that GOP big wigs start to realize this now.

If you look at this globally, only Trump has any sort of chance of standing against Clinton.