Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about on the car thing. But Blizz has not said they are doing legacy realms so for now it is still a "Wall of No". Be hopeful all you want but they still aren't doing it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and they STILL aren't giving you legacy realms right now. Funny how that works.
    And many people are STILL not subscribed or buying Legion. Funny how THAT works. WoW is a bad product, right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    What you describe is not illegal under law of my country. So what are we talking about?
    Does that make stealing any more okay just because there isn't a law in your country that makes it "illegal?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Does that make stealing any more okay just because there isn't a law in your country that makes it "illegal?"
    steal
    stēl/
    verb
    verb: steal; 3rd person present: steals; past tense: stole; gerund or present participle: stealing; past participle: stolen

take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
    In some countries owning classic WoW and modifying it is legal. You actually own it, not Blizzard giving you a right to use the product. So come again how it is wrong in his country if it isn't considered stealing?

"How does it make you feel that my countries views X law as this, and that your country doesn't even have X law, so how do you feel that you are breaking a law you don't have?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    In some countries owning classic WoW and modifying it is legal. You actually own it, not Blizzard giving you a right to use the product. So come again how it is wrong in his country if it isn't considered stealing?
    I am amazed by your deep knowledge about laws and software licenses.

Deleted
    I'd like to see vanilla WoW but with some updated features. For example, I would not mind if they added dual specs. They could make the price high (just like with teh epic mount) or add a quest-line for it that would make the feature more of a reward. Also, LFG would not be bad, BUT: Remove cross realm and instance teleporting.
    Some updated graphics and maybe transmog. maybe I don't got it all down, but I'm sure some of the newer features could be implemented without actually messing with the gameplay, style and feeling of what vanilla was.

Hell, i'd be even more happy if they added class specific quests (more other than the leveling quests) that gave your spells / abilities / gear a unique look, or something similar. IMO, the hardest part of a vanilla realm would be to keep it vanilla for several years since eventually people will finish the endgame. even i it might take time

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am amazed by your deep knowledge about laws and software licenses.
    According to some other posters in this thread, there are certain countries that don't enforce or recognize the same copyright laws as the states and others.
    HOWEVER, I find that as this thread goes on I am more and more confused. All the pro Legacy that have petitioned Blizzard and downcast all the rest and have said the following things lately: "I'll play on another private server. I'll quit WoW. If all these other people can do it then why can't Blizzard? People in their basements did it part time. Etc.". Why are you guys trying so hard to get Blizzard to do Legacy? With all these places that you state copyright doesn't apply, and all these quotes about things being easy, why don't any of you petition another startup company to host a few servers of classic WoW, with free reign to do what they want. Hell, you guys could even kickstart (note the clever wordplay?) your own company to do just this. With all the resources that Blizzard won't have to use, which in turn means you won't have to use, why has this not been done?
    Or maybe keep PS's on the down low. Word of mouth invites, e-mail invites, and keep the shit off YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch and maybe it won't draw attention and get shut down.

kickstart our own company lawls

--SNIP--

Last edited by Darsithis; Today at 12:39 AM.
    Darsithis, are you actually an ordained rabbi or is this just a freelance post bris-travaganza?

Deleted
    kickstart our own company lawls
    We cant do that!
    We are toxic pirates who played 10+ years old version of a game because we cant afford 15 a month, at least thats what ppl tell me.
    How could we afford to do a company??YARRRRR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    We cant do that!
    We are toxic pirates who played 10+ years old version of a game because we cant afford 15 a month, at least thats what ppl tell me.
    How could we afford to do a company??YARRRRR!!!!
    We need to ransack Booty Bay!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    What you describe is not illegal under law of my country. So what are we talking about?
    Just because it's not illegal in your country, does not mean it's not stealing intellectual property, since you answered the question backwards. He stated "unethical stealing of IP." NOT "illegal." Unethical =/= illegal.

Deleted
    We need to ransack Booty Bay!
    And every filthy negative nostalrius hater will be walking da blank and hoping they can swim!!! YARRR PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    I'd like to see vanilla WoW but with some updated features. For example, I would not mind if they added dual specs. They could make the price high (just like with teh epic mount) or add a quest-line for it that would make the feature more of a reward. Also, LFG would not be bad, BUT: Remove cross realm and instance teleporting.
    Some updated graphics and maybe transmog. maybe I don't got it all down, but I'm sure some of the newer features could be implemented without actually messing with the gameplay, style and feeling of what vanilla was.
    Transmog was a feature that removed ALOT of the feeling of getting new gear, of all the shitty features they've added this is without a doubt one of the worst.
    I agree with the rest of what you said though, especially the graphics (and models?).
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-05-03 at 09:58 PM.

Does anyone here honestly believe the campus meetings weren't just to stop Nostalrius devs releasing source code?

IF Blizz ends up making legacy servers, the Nost devs probably won't be allowed anywhere near it.

Meanwhile, the Nost devs are desperately clinging onto their 15 minutes of fame and trying to create a sense of hype which will lead to nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Transmog was a feature that removed ALOT of the feeling of getting new gear, of all the shitty features they've added this one is without a doubt one of the worst.
    I agree with the rest of what you said though, especially the graphics (and models?).
    never really played with transmog myself (I quit after WOTLK) so I can't tell, but I'm just throwing around ideas.
    Graphics and models would be a really nice feature if they where updated on a legacy server. But there should be more modern features that could be added to the game, but keeping gameplay intact.

Any ideas yourself?

Deleted
    never really played with transmog myself (I quit after WOTLK) so I can't tell, but I'm just throwing around ideas.
    Graphics and models would be a really nice feature if they where updated on a legacy server. But there should be more modern features that could be added to the game, but keeping gameplay intact.

Any ideas yourself?
    Maybe achievements. Not too big on them myself, but i know many ppl are.

To be fair, if they kept the economy on a scale of vanilla, I wouldn't mind a gated transmog whereby you had to pay 100g for most slots, and 150/200 for shoulders or helm. Would keep it rare enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I would see that as being contentious amongst the WoW playing crowd; but at the same time the potential for cool achievements in a Vanilla realm are great
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted

yeh, forgot about them myself! Nice idea. If they gave titles, tabbards and esthetic rewards (as they do now?) it would be a welcomed feature imo.

yeh, forgot about them myself! Nice idea. If they gave titles, tabbards and esthetic rewards (as they do now?) it would be a welcomed feature imo.
    I don't know, certainly if they added achievements to a legacy realm I'd think they would have to simply be their own reward, so as to not impact too much on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

But you got those rewards for completing things in Vanilla anyways as signification that you had done it.

Hence the argument against achievements in the first place.