Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I pretty much second this motion. I don't think there is anything wrong with using public assistance so long as it's not being abused - it's there for a purpose. That being said there are definitely instances where it's grossly abused (like people getting unemployment checks deliberately not working, so they can stay at home and keep collecting checks).

That being said it's unreasonable to expect Walmart to pay people extra money just because they have made poor life decisions. If I had 3 kids and worked at McDonalds, my life would suck lol. Essentially these people live beyond their means and are inrresponsible when they have multiple children while working low paying jobs. And that's not saying "hey never have kids" but rather, "make sure you can afford the costs of having kids, and *then* do it". This is just common sense and everyone should know it too, but those that disregard this should not be expecting Walmart to bail them out.
    Being fired from your job two days away from investor call's day to fatten up the stock, that's a bad decision ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    A video posted online last week purportedly shows an unidentified woman castigating a man in the checkout line at Walmart for using SNAP benefits, more commonly called “food stamps.”

The video, which was first noted by HotTopics, has amassed nearly 122,000 views since going online on April 24. The woman can be seen standing in line behind the unidentified man, who is at the counter with his child.

“I put in 50 to 60 hour weeks,” the man says toward the start of the video. “I’m trying to provide for my family.”

“You’re not providing for it, I am,” she replies. “The government is. They take it out of my check, bullsh*t they don’t.”

The man turns back to her and says, “OK, then contact your local senator and congressman and issue a complaint. Vote Republican. I don’t know what to tell you, I’m sorry, I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Oh, trust me — I am not a bleeding heart f*cking liberal,” she says. “That ain’t gonna happen.”

With his back turned to her, the man responds, “I don’t care about you, lady. Shut the f*ck up.”

“I don’t have to; it’s a free country, remember?” she says. “If I’m gonna pay for all your sh*t the least I can do is talk.”

“It is a free country, isn’t it?” he asks.

“It is for people like you,” she shoots back, adding, “Bernie supporters,” making reference to Sen. Bernie Sanders.

I'm 99% sure that the woman there is bucksparkles, or Vyxn, or RickJamesLich, or Raybourne, or the other guy who thinks blacks enjoy living in ghettos.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I'm 99% sure that the woman there is bucksparkles, or Vyxn, or RickJamesLich, or Raybourne, or the other guy who thinks blacks enjoy living in ghettos.
    The average Internet Tough Guy is persuaded, as his sites tell him so, that the average non white ''dangerous subhuman'', being not a pure Aryan male, enjoy living in dilapidated urban housing projects that would be considered unfit for farm animals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The average Internet Tough Guy is persuaded, as his sites tell him so, that the average non white ''dangerous subhuman'', being not a pure Aryan male, enjoy living in dilapidated urban housing projects that would be considered unfit for farm animals.
    Believe me you, it happens on this site daily. Which is why all the conservative posters on here are multi-millionaires who achieved great success through ambition, grit, and hard work.

I love how anti-Bernie people think that all he wants to do is raise taxes to give away free money. Ignorance is frustrating.

Believe me you, it happens on this site daily. Which is why all the conservative posters on here are multi-millionaires who achieved great success through ambition, grit, and hard work.
    Hey, the ancestors of Internet Tough Guys were fooled into fighting a war for the sole purpose of keeping the slaves they did not owned, by planters who passed laws to keep themselves and their relatives untouched by conscription (the infamous overseer exemption).

lol, funny guy. Personally I don't think the video shows us enough to really lead us to believe whether the guy was in the right or the wrong here, so I'm withholding judgement on this instance. It's pretty clear though that the welfare system in the US is very prone to abuse, not by all but by enough that Americans are taking a stand against it. That being said, I do feel bad for the guy, it has to be embarrassing and frustrating to get called out in front of your kids like that, while you are surrounded by a lot of other people.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a picture of myself in the picture thread.

I assure you I am not a woman, nor do I harass people for using foodstamps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    lol, funny guy. Personally I don't think the video shows us enough to really lead us to believe whether the guy was in the right or the wrong here, so I'm withholding judgement on this instance. It's pretty clear though that the welfare system in the US is very prone to abuse, not by all but by enough that Americans are taking a stand against it. That being said, I do feel bad for the guy, it has to be embarrassing and frustrating to get called out in front of your kids like that, while you are surrounded by a lot of other people.
    Who cares if it's prone to abuse, we have bigger fish to fry and the inevitable criminal and societal costs to not having welfare programs is staggeringly higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I have a picture of myself in the picture thread.

I assure you I am not a woman, nor do I harass people for using foodstamps.
    Well then, you are more of a liberal SJW than I thought you were.

Who cares if it's prone to abuse, we have bigger fish to fry and the inevitable criminal and societal costs to not having welfare programs is staggeringly higher.
    There are good reasons to worry about it. For example some people sell their food stamps for drugs, which often can lead to other crimes being committed. Another example is unemployment providing an incentive for people to not work (because it's easier to get pay checks while doing nothing), and considering the tax payers foot the bill here, I think they have a right to be very interested in this topic. Not saying this guy is that type of offender either, it appears he is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The rich took her money? I'd like to see that.... oh wait they didn't you're just mad that the rich are rich and think that they're obligated to support everyone else even if they worked their ass off from being poor to get there. People like you are why there is no incentive to get rich.
    i would dare say your the one who is angry. that said your post just seems to boil down to "fuck you got mine screw the poor".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Better question: why is a man working 50-60 hours a week and still not making wages that put him out of poverty? You conservatives rail against welfare and then you turn around and rail against raising the minimum wage. It's ridiculous
    because what they want is essentially little more than a modern equivalent of a feudal caste system where you have the peasants the landowners the nobles,dukes,counts,etc the knights, the lords, the kings and queens in their proper order. because given enough time that's what it would end up as.
    you could even liken the lottery to a peasant getting lucky and finding buried gold some robber or exiled king forgot about.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I see these women on facebook all the time. I want to go steal their truump signs lol
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you will always have idiots that have made bad choices so you will always have a fresh supply of idiots to work those no skill low wage jobs
    Why should taxpayer subsidize these companies by partially paying their wages even if the jobs are low skill/low wage? Never really understood, no matter how much you want to hate poor people, that people seem to be ok with subsidizing businesses in this manner.

The woman should have been yelling at the cashier for paying part of her wages. That would likely be more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I also always go for the store-brand products here in the Netherlands, and I barely notice a difference.
    Is this just an American thing?

Aside from the knock-off Oreo's from action, those are terrible.
    It is more a Walmart thing I think.

While most knockoff stuff I have tried can be pretty good while some being hit or miss in that area. Great Value brand seem like the worst offenders when it comes to food tasting nothing like it should.

The My Essentials brand is pretty good most times though.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The rich took her money? I'd like to see that.... oh wait they didn't you're just mad that the rich are rich and think that they're obligated to support everyone else even if they worked their ass off from being poor to get there. People like you are why there is no incentive to get rich.
    Bank bailouts, tax breaks, exploitation of the system that allow them to make more/pay less.
    "The rich" take money from "the rest" in a variety of ways.

Even putting that aside, do you honestly believe the work and skill rich people have are comparable to the money they make, relative to the wages of the rest of the population?
    Of course they aren't. Nobody is so skilled and so hard working that a wage that is dozens, if not hundreds, of times greater then that of the average is actually "earned" in full. And where do you think that wage difference comes from, thin air? The rich make more as a result of the rest making less.

People like you are why there is no incentive to get rich.
    This is just dumb.
    First, getting rich is the incentive. Second, assuming you simply misphrased your idea and meant that richness is no longer an incentive to work hard/strive for greatness/etc, being rich is still an enormous incentive. I was not suggesting wages should be equalized, just that the extreme wealth those at the top possess should be tuned down.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2016-05-03 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sorry but they should more be frustrated that their hard working tax dollars is wasted on a bloated wasteful military, giving money to farmers to destroy food, propping up milk prices, corporate welfare bailouts for pennies on the dollar, 30+ year retirement plans/pension plans that pay govt workers more money then they made while working......instead of FUCKING FEEDING PEOPLE.

1/100th of the money spent on military could fund food stamps all year.
    Sad thing is it isn't even the military directly wasting it, it is the private contractors they are whored out to. Basically using the military to funnel money from the government into private captive markets.

I used to know a friend who went overseas to cook for our troops. He made $75,000 for every 6 months he stayed overseas cooking for them while in what he described as "The Green Zone". Compared to the military there who made less.

I have known some people making transmissions for military vehicles, the made fucktons worth of cash off those contracts. He made $35 an hour and god knows what his superiors made. And the list goes on and on.

I am thinking if they started passing rules requiring the military to actually use troops to handle these things, the costs would drop like a rock along with much of the push for the military to do so much.

If the military started requiring soldiers to run the factories for their vehicles or making their own gear or barring private contractors for cooks and such and paying them such rates to do it, this would fix a lot of the issues.

But so long as private contractors are allowed to make so much off them while lobbying to do so, you will continue to see the military abused to funnel assets to private contractors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you will always have idiots that have made bad choices so you will always have a fresh supply of idiots to work those no skill low wage jobs
    I remember the first time I debated you, back then you actually had a train of thought behind you process. While I didn't agree with it most times, it at least had a thought process behind it and didn't rely entirely on rhetoric that doesn't mesh with reality.

In all honesty man, what happened? You are now debating from indefensible positions that ignore the reality of the situations entirely.

I am used to Orlong debating about stuff that is completely in LaLa Land, but I really expect better from you.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Should just hit her
    I don't like how welfare and food stamps and unemployment are doled out, the govt should revise it, but yeah i would've got in that bitches face and if she continued i would've sent my fist through her teeth and smiled all the way to jail.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its pretty much the same deal with places like Walmart... A 16 year old can live like a king working there, but a person raising several kids cannot.
    Fun fact, my local Walmart, when I worked for them no clue about now, will not hire anyone under the age of 18. They said they aren't worth it because they aren't legally allowed to use all the equipment and such.

If they only want to pay high school wages, then they need at a minimum a tiered minimum wage system and they can then pay high school wages to high school students while dealing with all the crap of working around high school and sleep hours and possibly losing them at a moments notice over grades and such.

But the absolute minimum any job is actually worth is the cost of supporting the person doing it, I don't care if it is just pushing a broom or running a vacuum. If you can't afford to pay them enough to do the job, then you shouldn't be hiring for the job at all as evidently it doesn't need to be done. And if it does need to be done, then it is worth enough to provide the person doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm not a big fan of jobless freeloaders as well. I doubt anyone is. But there are plenty of people who are stuck with an unlivable income despite working many hours. As I said in my first post here, she complains about food stamps which is only a small fraction compared to what the government spends on military.
    Yup, pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It is just being fair.

An 18 year old joins up, becomes a private, lives in the barracks, eats in the chow hall, etc... That is way more than enough pay to live on since practically everything they need is provided for them.

Another 18 year old joins up, becomes a private... But this guy has two kids and a wife... That pay is not enough for his lifestyle...

How would it be fair for the second guy to be paid more than the first guy, being at the same rank, age, length of service, etc?

Its pretty much the same deal with places like Walmart... A 16 year old can live like a king working there, but a person raising several kids cannot.

I don't think people should earn more than they deserve, but I do think public assistance should be way less stigmatized and people should get what they need, if their work cannot provide it. But just raising pay is pretty silly... A person should not expect to be able to raise a family on minimum wage, but that person should also not expect their kids to starve because they don't make enough money and that should be the end of it.
    Actually mil pay takes dependent into account in your Basic Assistance for Substance or Housing pays.
    Putin khuliyo