Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    He's not. I hear this repeatedly, but it's based on fear from the past. Trump has some extremist views, but he's not threatening to kill anyone. He's not threatening to make the life of some people a living hell. People assume that because he's taking a very conservstive position; ironically, Hitler was a leftist, which puts their ideologies at two different poles. Lets also not forget the chart of human rights.

Not in Germany, no.
    Hitler didn't start with threatening to kill people either.

He's not. I hear this repeatedly, but it's based on fear from the past. Trump has some extremist views, but he's not threatening to kill anyone. He's not threatening to make the life of some people a living hell. People assume that because he's taking a very conservstive position; ironically, Hitler was a leftist, which puts their ideologies at two different poles. Lets also not forget the chart of human rights.
    You must have missed the part where he wanted to kill families of terrorists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post

It's so ironic how during the 90's when I was a kid I believed the world would become a liberal utopia due to free information becoming accessible to everyone everywhere through the Internet and how that would enlighten everyone of all facts. Instead, the ideas of the old right that died in the early 20th century and the ideas of the New Right of the mid 20th century is coming back with renewed strength instead as these people reinforce each others distorted fantasy worldview to each other through the comments of every social media network available to their troll fingers. Somehow it seems these people more often than not have the most time to be overly active in such contexts as well. As if they didn't have successful careers, families, friendships and overalls active lives to take care of. Shocker. Not to say that that is a fit description of anyone present here or everyone who put their vote for Trump or his equivalents in Europe (UKIP, Front National, etc). Just saying it's not an uncommon character description of individuals of said group of people.

Cheers.
    Did you just equate people starting to vote far-right to internet people...? Flash news, when policies favoring foreigners over the locals, you can bet the far-right will gain support on the next elections, not because "they have too much time on their hands", what kind of reasoning is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Your perception IS bias, that's the whole point. You seem willing to ignore the truly terrible things someone does, which means you are basing a decision on willful ignorance.
    Yes, a perception is by definition a bias. I'm not saying the contrary. I'm not saying I support his ideology either, which is the issue I have with this thread. It seems like you can't say you think someone is brilliant without being told that you agree with him. I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    You must have missed the part where he wanted to kill families of terrorists.
    I don't support those claims, but that doesn't make him Hitler. We're at war, after all and I'll be damned if he's the only person who wished to kill his enemies. Yes, its extreme, but he's just saying what others don't. You think that the Obama administration never had soldiers kill innocent people? It's probably happening right now. That's why it's disgusting; it's war. That doesn't make you Hitler, where you want to kill someone because you feel they are too greedy.

Now before I get an overreaction, I hate war and anything related to it and I certainly do not condone killing innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Hitler didn't start with threatening to kill people either.
    Nope, that came when he decided to use a group of thugs to act as defender of the city.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    And has been pointed out many, many times, Rasmussen is very frequently off in general elections because their primary polling method favors people with land lines who are typically older people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This attacking the source when you don't agree with it is getting kind of ridiculous......
    This is like saying that if a car crashes you shouldn't look at the car as to the reason why. Sometimes the medium itself is the problem. In Rasmussen's case, they strongly favor phone polls, which have the problem of having limited reach into cell phones because cell phones change far more frequently than land lines and must be offered up, as opposed to being static. Meaning that people who are younger and people who are not established in long term housing are not as well represented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Walls have kept raiding armies out in the past. They don't work so well on individuals who want to get across.

Not sure what your point is. I also don't get why people find it all that hard to believe that rednecks hrassing spanish citizens going up is that hard to believe.

Source? I mean I'll believe you if you can show it, just as far as I know him and his hive mind still believe it to be effective.

Third largest legitimate trade partner of legitimate goods. I'm sure they would love to hear that some people in our country think their only contribution is drugs.

My responses have always been to the effect of, why the hell do people think Trump is somehow not worse than Hillary? Trump has done many things just as badly as Hillary, and others much much much worse.

Nobody has a perfect record, Trump's is about as pefectly BAD as it can come.

At one point Trump was almost a billion net in debt. That's when daddy Trump stepped in to help out.

And again, he's still using Chinese manufacturing and hasn't answered anything about his usage of illegal labor here in the states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    If you look at their track record over the past few years, you may have a point. If you look at the big picture (circa 2000 and up), they are pretty accurate.
    And everyone and their mother and annoyingly their grandmother did not have a cell phone in 2000. Rasmussen's primary poll method was screwed up by technological advancements, and their track record over the past few years have shown that they have done a poor job compensating for it.

Deleted
    You fat disgusting christians took over America by violence and are now calling other people illegal? Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its extreme
    It's more than extreme. It's a war crime. Intentionally going after the civilian families of terrorists is against the Geneva Convention. A person running for President, emotional or not, should not be suggesting war crimes are the way to go. The reason why "he's saying things the others don't" is because the others are not going to promote war crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's more than extreme. It's a war crime. Intentionally going after the civilian families of terrorists is against the Geneva Convention. A person running for President, emotional or not, should not be suggesting war crimes are the way to go. The reason why "he's saying things the others don't" is because the others are not going to promote war crimes.
    you should know by now that trump fans and their ilk they don't let minor charges like torture,mass genocide, crimes against humanity, and mass murder, stop them. they also don't give a shit about the geneva convention. they just want to see them evil brownies dead. you think i'm using hyperbole go look at some of the sickening replies to torture in this thread and the other trump thread.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm not convinced I see the logic in it. If the US can't find terrorist John Smith, so instead they find and kill his brother/wife/parents/kids instead, in what way will this make him less likely to attack the US? A lot of terrorists (including domestic ones) have political and/or religious agendas. Adding something personal to that...I just don't see how that would help calm things down. The fact that it's against the Geneva Convention is reason enough to never do that, but it doesn't seem to be a logical motive either. But I guess you could say the same about torture providing useful information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Also, I'm not convinced I see the logic in it. If the US can't find terrorist John Smith, so instead they find and kill his brother/wife/parents/kids instead, in what way will this make him less likely to attack the US? A lot of terrorists (including domestic ones) have political and/or religious agendas. Adding something personal to that...I just don't see how that would help calm things down. The fact that it's against the Geneva Convention is reason enough to never do that, but it doesn't seem to be a logical motive either. But I guess you could say the same about torture providing useful information.
    your assuming their using logic in the first place. THEY AREN'T. why do you think trump is easily able to manipulate them? because he appeals to their emotions which is what they vote and reason with.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Gonna be the lowest voter turnout in history that's for sure.

Trump for president of the united states

hillary for fucking prison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Trump for president of the united states

hillary for fucking prison
    Only one of the two is actually on trial, and its not Clinton....
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    I defer to Bill Burr on this choice, if I ever had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    I defer to Bill Burr on this choice, if I ever had to do it.
    yea but you did see how stupid they were when they fed right into it. She wouldnt do it if it didnt work lol. Play on peoples stupidity. thats how politics works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polls only start getting accurate in the last 2-3 weeks before an election. This is because their purpose changes at that point. Prior to that point, they are intended to sway and guide public opinion. After that point, they are needed to maintain the pollsters' credibility. So what usually happens is the favored candidate is said to have a huge lead over the unfavorable candidate up until said 2-3 weeks before an election... then all of the sudden, those poll numbers begin mysteriously tightening up.

7+ Year Old Account
    CNN/ORC poll
    Clinton 54% / Trump 41%
    http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/im...16.general.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Only one of the two is actually on trial, and its not Clinton....
    wouldn't that be a hilarious twist, when suddenly the party that yells prison every 5 minutes ends up with it's candidate getting convicted for fraud.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."