Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Sales tax and property taxes don't get returns.
    No, but when you pay $3000 in income taxes and then claim that damn EIC and head of household and get a $10,000 refund, that covers any sales and property taxes you may have paid and still leaves with more than you paid

See people with foodstamps buy things I cant have still angers me, but its such a common thing where I am it hardly phases me, just an annoyance.

The real annoying ones are those with the foodstamps who have 2 carts full, dont have enough money and keep taking off and adding things holding up a line (where there is 2 open thanks Food Lion), they still have cash for the dogfood though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    True, store brands are hardly any different. But we are also assuming that he could be saving money with the sales on brand named products.
    Yeah, and I dont think Ive EVER seen a SNAP user use a single coupon either. They should have a whole binder full of coupons

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe a situation like that would legally entitle the man to hit the woman with a chair dead on the head then smear fecal matter on her face.

I'm no lawyer, but I really think that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, and I dont think Ive EVER seen a SNAP user use a single coupon either. They should have a whole binder full of coupons
    Seen those with foodstamps buy things like Sugar at full price with another brand is on sale right next to it.

I knew someone who had foodstamps, she let me go with her and use coupons once so she could get more stuff (I had lots of coupons due to a connection) had to pay sales tax on the coupon amounts in cash, rest of foodstamp purchase is not taxed.

Heh. What an absolute asshole.
    She should be happy she didn't get her face smashed in for that crap.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In my last year of graduate school my wife and I were on food stamps for about 9 months, kept us fed. I wish some ignorant woman like her would have tried that shit with me.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Truly this video is shocking... that it was filmed the wrong way!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Seen those with foodstamps buy things like Sugar at full price with another brand is on sale right next to it.
    You guys pay an awful lot of attention to what poor people are buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well it is their job to keep the poor people honest. Sort of like the lady in the video.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Im in line, see someone with 4 bags of sugar thats $4.19 on the shelf, I got the one the ones that was on sale $1.88 (plus I got a coupon) and wonder why are they getting that, then see them whip out the card.

10+ Year Old Account
    They pay an awful lot of attention to people's genitals in the bathroom as well. Seems like a really terrible life to live don't ya think? Spending your whole life worried about what other people are buying and if the person next to you has balls.

I don't understand why someone would even be paying attention to that, I've never looked at what someone else used to pay for something. I also have several people in my family that hate on food stamp people, but would never feel the need to say anything to some random person, as they'd consider that rude. It's like a lot of people today think their opinion is just that important...can you not keep things in your head?
    X

I think she did the right thing here. Obviously the guy never had a good role model to look up to and learn from growing up. Maybe this'll get him motivated to actually do something with his life instead of wasting it on welfare. Sad sad life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    A video posted online last week purportedly shows an unidentified woman castigating a man in the checkout line at Walmart for using SNAP benefits, more commonly called “food stamps.”

The video, which was first noted by HotTopics, has amassed nearly 122,000 views since going online on April 24. The woman can be seen standing in line behind the unidentified man, who is at the counter with his child.

“I put in 50 to 60 hour weeks,” the man says toward the start of the video. “I’m trying to provide for my family.”

“You’re not providing for it, I am,” she replies. “The government is. They take it out of my check, bullsh*t they don’t.”

The man turns back to her and says, “OK, then contact your local senator and congressman and issue a complaint. Vote Republican. I don’t know what to tell you, I’m sorry, I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Oh, trust me — I am not a bleeding heart f*cking liberal,” she says. “That ain’t gonna happen.”

With his back turned to her, the man responds, “I don’t care about you, lady. Shut the f*ck up.”

“I don’t have to; it’s a free country, remember?” she says. “If I’m gonna pay for all your sh*t the least I can do is talk.”

“It is a free country, isn’t it?” he asks.

“It is for people like you,” she shoots back, adding, “Bernie supporters,” making reference to Sen. Bernie Sanders.

And the point of posting the video is what?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    He's shitting you. You pay higher taxes on the portion of the income that falls into the next bracket. This is just the go to sob story for rich people that want to pay lower taxes in general.
    Nope it's 100% possible and factual for those on bracket cusps at a certain point in income where you get ridiculous increases if you hit the next bracket.

This response is just the go to sob story that poor people use to try to act like they're not leeching off others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well said Zan. W/e I think of my country's foreign policy, no member of the military should EVER be paid so little that they qualify for food stamps.
    They aren't. I was in the Army for 11 years. I know people who were getting WIC and SNAP just because those programs only operate off your taxable income. So while on paper they're only making maybe 20k a year, in reality they're also getting another 20-40k for housing allowance and a food stipend. So the military on SNAP and WIC are taking advantage of it.

If you're a veteran and homeless after the 90's, it's your own fault as the VA has a ridiculous number of programs to get you on your feet.

Deleted
    Salty cunt, probably didn't get a fuck in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nope it's 100% possible and factual for those on bracket cusps at a certain point in income where you get ridiculous increases if you hit the next bracket.

This response is just the go to sob story that poor people use to try to act like they're not leeching off others.
    This is factually untrue. You're demonstrating you have no idea how progressive tax brackets work. You're only taxed on the income that falls into that bracket.

Its mathematically impossible to have some major tax hit unless said person is also receiving a massive pay raise at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

That's simply not how brackets work. Your doctor is playing on the fact that most of the people he tells this story to won't bother to check, and then they'll vote accordingly.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tool.../INF14795.html
    Progressive tax rates are "marginal," meaning that each rate applies to specific portions of your taxable income within a specified range, or tax bracket. For example, if you are single and have taxable income of $200,000 in 2015, then you are in the 33 percent "bracket."

However, you will not pay 33 percent on all taxable income. Instead, you pay 10 percent on everything up to $9,225, then 15 percent on the excess up to $37,450, 25 percent on taxable income between $37,451 and $90,750, 28 percent on the amount over $90,750 up to $189,300, 33 percent on the amount over $189,300 up to $411,500, 35 percent on the amount over $411,500 up to $413,200, and 39.6 percent on the rest.
    This really is only something that people say when they 1) want to argue for lower taxes on high income or 2) want to talk you out of a promotion so that they can take it themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    This is factually untrue. You're demonstrating you have no idea how progressive tax brackets work. You're only taxed on the income that falls into that bracket.

Its mathematically impossible to have some major tax hit unless said person is also receiving a massive pay raise at the same time.
    It doesn't matter if they get a massive pay raise, they don't pay a higher tax rate on the amount they made before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It doesn't matter if they get a massive pay raise, they don't pay a higher tax rate on the amount they made before.
    He's talking tax amount, you're talking tax rate. You're both right.