Off topic, but even if we don't always agree this thread has been really good for some meaningful discussions. Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    PM them to me and I'll post them for you. I like to have the screenshots to make sure I got the quotes down exactly right. But yeah, these are new. I don't mind there being duplicates if it can help nail down what activates them.

Need to make 10 posts before I can PM anyone, yay! So looks like I'll be active on here for a bit, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrri View Post
    Need to make 10 posts before I can PM anyone, yay! So looks like I'll be active on here for a bit, haha
    if you post the links someone should be able to repost them as images.

I will upload them as soon as I get home. Too busy with the Overwatch beta last night

How is Shadow questing in Legion? I hear it's based around on VT and self-healing. Is it possible to drain tank almost as good as Affliction locks?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    How is Shadow questing in Legion? I hear it's based around on VT and self-healing. Is it possible to drain tank almost as good as Affliction locks?
    While questing a bit on my shadow, I had no issues just tearing through packs of mobs. I just dot them up and pve rotation everything down followed by shadowmending to full between pulls. It's very very very easy.

Just as long as it's not WotLK leveling easy for Shadow. When I went into that, the healing via the VE toggle put you in a position where normal mobs outright could not kill you. You could just put your dots on and stand there while they beat on you to no avail. When you could just stand there and have VE ticks heal you faster than they could damage you.. nope, not my idea of fun. I like Shadow to be a force to be reckoned with, but that leveling experience was not engaging. There is such a thing as too easy. I like challenge in my game. When I ask that shadow be improved in areas, it's never to make it some unstoppable juggernaut. That's not fun (Though, WotLK, it was just the leveling, in Raids and such Shadow felt just fine, so, that didn't really seem to be a Shadow issue, as much as a, 'why are the mobs so wimpy?' issue).

If we're talking that sort of easy, my only conclusion is that the mobs need to be stronger, tougher and nastier to deal with for all classes, across the board. That, "should every mob be mini-boss level with actual mechanics and gimmicks you have to deal with?" question that wonders if common mobs should prepare you for boss mechanics by having boss style mechanics, simply on a smaller scale.

That's not really a Shadow issue though, I feel leveling being too easy is an every class and spec issue.
    Last edited by Purple; 2016-05-03 at 08:31 PM.

I don't recall VE being that strong in Wrath until I overgeared what I was fighting. When leveling at level, in quest gear, I recall a very different experience. It was very slow, and I died a lot if I took on too much.

After I started getting raid gear, I could do that, but I didn't find it boring. It felt rewarding to have made some progress and a change. I remember soloing that dragon for some argent quest in icecrown, and feeling very happy the day that I was finally able to.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Just as long as it's not WotLK leveling easy for Shadow. When I went into that, the healing via the VE toggle put you in a position where normal mobs outright could not kill you. You could just put your dots on and stand there while they beat on you to no avail. When you could just stand there and have VE ticks heal you faster than they could damage you.. nope, not my idea of fun. I like Shadow to be a force to be reckoned with, but that leveling experience was not engaging. There is such a thing as too easy. I like challenge in my game. When I ask that shadow be improved in areas, it's never to make it some unstoppable juggernaut. That's not fun (Though, WotLK, it was just the leveling, in Raids and such Shadow felt just fine, so, that didn't really seem to be a Shadow issue, as much as a, 'why are the mobs so wimpy?' issue).

If we're talking that sort of easy, my only conclusion is that the mobs need to be stronger, tougher and nastier to deal with for all classes, across the board. That, "should every mob be mini-boss level with actual mechanics and gimmicks you have to deal with?" question that wonders if common mobs should prepare you for boss mechanics by having boss style mechanics, simply on a smaller scale.

That's not really a Shadow issue though, I feel leveling being too easy is an every class and spec issue.
    Well it is easy, but it isn't I can pull 50 mobs easy. You need to target swap constantly with voidbolt, manage power word shield, and use CC. I guess my definition of easy isn't quite the same as yours. None of it was particularly difficult to do at all, but it is engaging. There are also mini-boss types of mobs all over the place from what I experienced that actually felt like a heroic dungeon boss in terms of length if I was solo.

Even if nothing I was doing was hard at all, it felt engaging and fun to me.

One HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE change from the past is that the world felt more natural. When you go in to a forest, it felt so much more dense. You don't have questing zones dominated by these massive roads and urban city level of obvious paths. I haven't seen all the zones, but that's what I got from where I did end up going.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-05-03 at 09:17 PM.

If you guys are curious about how is the lvling for shadow, just take a look at this vid and you will have an idea on how it is. <3

I really really hate that we're not purple all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    I really really hate that we're not purple all the time.
    Blizzard should had kept the glyph of shadow. I for one really love to show my transmog so i use the glyph, but i understand why people just prefer to be purple all the time. They should had kept the choice for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    While questing a bit on my shadow, I had no issues just tearing through packs of mobs. I just dot them up and pve rotation everything down followed by shadowmending to full between pulls. It's very very very easy.
    I don't know which level you were but at 100-110 without every artifact perks it is "harder" than on live realms. On live realms i can't remember having to flash heal while leveling. On alpha realms i constantly have to shadowmend when pulling more than 2 mobs.

As soon as you get the dispersion artifact and VT shield perk it gets easier. Dominant Mind helps quite a lot too.

Shadow needs baseline damage reduction. And not only for pvp. It is quite obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    If you guys are curious about how is the lvling for shadow, just take a look at this vid and you will have an idea on how it is. <3

Thanks for posting but in this quest you are getting random buffs that overpower your character. Not a good showcase of "real questing".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Blizzard should had kept the glyph of shadow. I for one really love to show my transmog so i use the glyph, but i understand why people just prefer to be purple all the time. They should had kept the choice for the players.
    Glyphs are not active on alpha realms. We don't know which ones are still in the game or what new stuff we get.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post

Thanks for posting but in this quest you are getting random buffs that overpower your character. Not a good showcase of "real questing".

- - - Updated - - -

Yep i know =/ I was looking for the latest released and unfortunately that was the only one i have found =(

Deleted
    @Kretan If i remember correctly, you're messi on feedback forums right?

In regards to the last few posts on that forum about shadowcrash i got a couple questions.

1. Is shadow crash cooldown reduced by haste?
    2. Would shadow crash be less akward to use if its projectile speed was increased by your haste? Making it less of a "skillshot" during voidforms when you got other stuff going on and sort of further emphasising void forms benefits.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2016-05-03 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I don't know which level you were but at 100-110 without every artifact perks it is "harder" than on live realms. On live realms i can't remember having to flash heal while leveling. On alpha realms i constantly have to shadowmend when pulling more than 2 mobs.

As soon as you get the dispersion artifact and VT shield perk it gets easier. Dominant Mind helps quite a lot too.

Shadow needs baseline damage reduction. And not only for pvp. It is quite obvious.
    Shadow might need it for pvp, but it doesn't need baseline dmg reduc for pve. You basically have to shadowmend in place of devouring plague now. That's the biggest difference.

I will agree it is definitely "harder" than WoD, but on a scale of 1 to 10 it went from like 1 in WoD to 3 in Legion. If you don't know what you are doing though, I could see shadow being a pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    @Kretan If i remember correctly, you're messi on feedback forums right?

In regards to the last few posts on that forum about shadowcrash i got a couple questions.

1. Is shadow crash cooldown reduced by haste?
    2. Would shadow crash be less akward to use if its projectile speed was increased by your haste? Making it less of a "skillshot" during voidforms when you got other stuff going on and sort of further emphasising void forms benefits.
    Yes that is me on the forums.

1) shadow crash does now scale with haste in any way.

2) Shadow crash is actually perfectly fine to use, and the travel time is fine imo....the problem is that it is SO bad damage wise. It is very easy to hit what you want to hit, but I feel like I am lobbing a balloon trailed by a pool noodle with a devastating explosion of happiness on the other end. It just needs more damage per cast.

My big complaint is that it has a 30 sec cd, but you need to wait on that CD even more to get in to void form.....it's like a cd on a cd and can feel quite awkward. If it hit like it should hit.....then even that problem seems trivial to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Shadow might need it for pvp, but it doesn't need baseline dmg reduc for pve. You basically have to shadowmend in place of devouring plague now. That's the biggest difference.

I will agree it is definitely "harder" than WoD, but on a scale of 1 to 10 it went from like 1 in WoD to 3 in Legion. If you don't know what you are doing though, I could see shadow being a pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is me on the forums.

1) shadow crash does now scale with haste in any way.

2) Shadow crash is actually perfectly fine to use, and the travel time is fine imo....the problem is that it is SO bad damage wise. It is very easy to hit what you want to hit, but I feel like I am lobbing a balloon trailed by a pool noodle with a devastating explosion of happiness on the other end. It just needs more damage per cast.

My big complaint is that it has a 30 sec cd, but you need to wait on that CD even more to get in to void form.....it's like a cd on a cd and can feel quite awkward. If it hit like it should hit.....then even that problem seems trivial to me.
    Ok, context of the rest of the reply makes me think the now is a typo to say not but not sure

Ok so its just a numbers thing, its animation looked really slow to me, i imagine it will do decent damage by release so if thats the only issue with it thats great.

Thanks for reply

I already posted about the questing before :

It is harder than previously. It's not painfully harder tho. Yes you have to heal with shadowmend once in a while. I don't heal myself every pack of mob. What I usually do : I dot like 4-5 mobs, usually one of them is dead before getting to me then when they're in melee, i shield myself and tab target them with voidbolt/swd for the refresh/insanity. And I use my fear everytime I can. After a few packs, I don't have much health (and it's generally when you have to kill a "mini boss") so what I do is dot the mini boss, pop voidform, use VE and use Vot => the mini boss dies really fast and I get so much health back. Also, when you do that be sure to pop your pet/MC target and use Fade so you don't take any damage while healing a ton.

When VE is on CD, just shadowmend, it doesn't take that long.

Glyphs do work on the alpha. I am using the glyph of Fade (tho it's quite buggy for SP but it basically turn us into a purple translucid thing) and the Levitate Glyph that adds a little cloud on our feet when levitating.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I already posted about the questing before
    Sorry, I read through like ten pages in this thread and gave up on looking for the info I wanted. But thanks to those who responded. I wasn't a fond of Void Tendrils and DP and I really liked the idea of VT healing and Shadowmend. Kinda reminded me of BC era Siphon Life Afflock play. Seems like the response is mixed.

Well I guess when you're used to kinda "faceroll" through levelling with Shadow (because of how DP worked) and you play Legion SP, it can cause a "shock" since you don't have that heal anymore. I think it is the main issue + the loss of damage reduction baseline.

But in no way is questing impossible or hard, imo. I may be died 2 times but that was mosty due to me pulling mobs that kept ccing (and when you pull a lot of them it's basically impossible to cast) or not watching my health.

Homophobia is so gay.