Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So you've never given people shit for being on welfare?
    Nope. What's the point?

I will give people shit for thinking destitution or hunger completely justify theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No, it was. My mind is just fuzzy, as I said, so expressing it well didn't exactly work. you're still brought back and they decide whether or not additional penalties are necessary, which would be the judgment.
    Well, the legalese may differ depending on the country (and common law uses different terms for the same concepts all the time just to be contrarian) but not all court decisions are judgments in the legal sense. Plus, while I'm not aware of the actual procedures in the countries in question, I don't really see a reason for courts to be involved. Sounds like something the penitentiary can handle alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Nope. What's the point?

I will give people shit for thinking destitution or hunger completely justify theft.
    It's not a justification so much as an inevitability. People don't just lay down and die, they have this desire to live. Hungry populations revolt and stage revolutions when there's enough hungry people and otherwise abundant resources. There's a reason modern countries have welfare systems in place that keep people fed and entertained.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

What is the big deal? You really want to send someone to jail, over a fucking twinkie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Are you in a crisis situation, or are you just being dense?
    I live in reality and when people figure out they can take shit with no consequence that's what will happen. You think homeless people are only hungry once?

It's not a justification so much as an inevitability. People don't just lay down and die, they have this desire to live. Hungry populations revolt and stage revolutions when there's enough hungry people and otherwise abundant resources. There's a reason modern countries have welfare systems in place that keep people fed and entertained.
    I keep getting the feeling that people are trying to invoke this image of an army of emaciated people, staring in hungrily through a barred window to watch a guy take one bite of an apple, throw it away and repeat.

And, as you said, there are systems in place so people don't have to resort to thievery. But, creating a condition that can't be confirmed easily to allow thievery to go alongside it is just going to create abuse. How is it disproven you were hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    What is the big deal? You really want to send someone to jail, over a fucking twinkie?
    Not a big deal until you're the one buying the twinkie every day times however many people decide to eat for free at your spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not a big deal until you're the one buying the twinkie every day times however many people decide to eat for free at your spot.
    You mean like the restaurant Jon Bon Jovi has setup? Where you can eat for a minimum donation or choose to work for your meal, or people can purchase Pay-It-Forward Cards for $20 so other people can eat?

http://www.jbjsoulkitchen.org/en

Oh you're trying to push your typical Breitbart narrative that everyone is going to exploit the system because reasons.....

Since you can't seem to tell the difference between someone shit posting in one thread and saying they're a shit poster period, yeah it's most definitely not dead.
    And you base that I can't tell the difference on what exactly? The voices told you that? Task number two: do point where have I said that you're shitposting all the time or go back to elementary school and seriously learn to read. Since the former still doesn't exist, have fun looking out of place surrounded by children. It's almost as if I just said the reason I don't take you seriously is not because of your shitposting. In the very same post you just fucking quoted. And yet the only interactions I've had with you were through your posts. How much do you have to fail at reading to take that as a claim that you're "a shitposter, period" (not just one thread though, but keep whitewashing yourself)? And I'm not from US, which I said in this thread. So even by using my words again me and trying to say I'm proof of how illiteracy isn't dead in US you still confirmed that you are one.

You didn't have a point. That's the definition of shit posting.
    I did literally point out my point. Alas, reading hard. Also, none of what you just said even addressed the part you quoted, since that was a reply to your claim of hypocrisy after you pulled out of your ass how I condemned shitposting in general, because you're either dishonest or can't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Depends really. One twinkie? Probably not. A few cases? Perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean like the restaurant Jon Bon Jovi has setup? Where you can eat for a minimum donation or choose to work for your meal, or people can purchase Pay-It-Forward Cards for $20 so other people can eat?

http://www.jbjsoulkitchen.org/en

Oh you're trying to push your typical Breitbart narrative that everyone is going to exploit the system because reasons.....
    None of those exist in what is being discussed. Just that stealing to eat won't be illegal if it's a small amount of money. Also in your example everything is being paid for in one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those exist in what is being discussed. Just that stealing to eat won't be illegal if it's a small amount of money.
    Which is what the initial thread is about -- Not the people are going to exploit the system which is the tangent you were attempting to run off on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Which is what the initial thread is about -- Not the people are going to exploit the system which is the tangent you were attempting to run off on.
    What thread are you reading?
    "Stealing small amounts of food to stave off hunger is not a crime, Italy's highest court of appeal has ruled."
    People will exploit the system once they realize they can steal with no consequence.

As usual, the conservative knee jerk reaction when people actually try and avoid spending hundreds and thousands of taxpayer dollars.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    As usual, the conservative knee jerk reaction when people actually try and avoid spending hundreds and thousands of taxpayer dollars.
    It's not a problem because they aren't stealing from your store.

10+ Year Old Account
    What thread are you reading?
    "Stealing small amounts of food to stave off hunger is not a crime, Italy's highest court of appeal has ruled."
    People will exploit the system once they realize they can steal with no consequence.
    Because it's the same conversation with your lot every time....

If we raise the minimum wage -- People won't work.

If we let transgendered individuals into a bathroom -- They'll molest our children

If we let Syrian refugees into our country -- They'll commit terrorism

It's an endless list of "What If" scenarios that have yet to show any basis in reality. The only places that show such horrible things to happen are Conservative "News" sites that greatly exaggerate or attempt to mislead the reader.

Maybe you need to stop reading so much WND and Breitbart....and join the rest of the world that doesn't think everyone is out to do bad things.

It's not a problem because they aren't stealing from your store.
    It's a problem if people are desperate enough to steal items they need to survive off from my store.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's a problem if people are desperate enough to steal items they need to survive off from my store.
    That problem will always exist.

That problem will always exist.
    Only if a certain group insists on making it that way.

Humanity has came a long way and evolved from being primitive cavemen to becoming great thinkers, scientists, mathematicians, engineers and builders.

We have solved and eliminated bigger and more complicated problems than poverty.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-05-04 at 02:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I did literally point out my point. Alas, reading hard. Also, none of what you just said even addressed the part you quoted, since that was a reply to your claim of hypocrisy after you pulled out of your ass how I condemned shitposting in general, because you're either dishonest or can't read.
    Interjects by pointing out I shit posted in another thread as proof I'm an eternal shit poster... in a thread not even about shit posting. You just shit posted and you apparently don't even want to acknowledge it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"