Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Arialla train itself wasn't out of nowhere. It was the third one started. (The second being my joke vote for Large for AFKing and getting himself lynched last game when we were on a team). I will agree the traction was sort of out of nowhere but we were coming to the end of the day and no trains had anything close to a majority or any basis for their existence. So yes there were several people myself included who saw a chance to possibly get a majority and a lynch with the logic of an AFK as suspicious. To say that it wasn't met with active resistance though is a stretch in my mind because no one attempted to stop my train either. How was I supposed to argue with Large insisting he read a scum slip in my jokes and other people who voted went along for the ride?

10+ Year Old Account
    These mafia games are so polite. Thanking people? Logically thinking out everything you do? BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD PEOPLE STRATING TRAINS PURELY BECAUSE THE PLAYER WON LAST ROUND, OR PERSONALLY SK'D THEM 5 GAMNES AGO! *shakes cane*.

Also maybe someone should give Arialla a little prod to make sure he doesn't go afk for round two again. (they posted, so definitely no reason for a train on that one for D2).

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Given that we have modded majority if scum can't get a lynch on a town they're better off spreading their votes out to make that majority harder to get and get a no lynch. The people who sat on smaller trains until the end raise my suspicion at this point. It would've been better to unvote if they didn't want to commit or jump on one of our trains.
    They could have also been afk, but could have been a tactical thing to make sure the majority lynch didn't happen. So they could have been scum saving scum for the two larger trains, or town saving town for people they know are safe. The question is, how do we tell which ones which?

But that's the thing Kryllian, it is possible the Arialla train was the 'active resistance' to your train. You also can't really compare your train to Arialla's seeing as yours were formed fairly earlier, so it's unlikely that your train would've met any resistance early on.

In any case you don't think it's weird that no one really questioned the Arialla wagon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    But that's the thing Kryllian, it is possible the Arialla train was the 'active resistance' to your train. You also can't really compare your train to Arialla's seeing as yours were formed fairly earlier, so it's unlikely that your train would've met any resistance early on.

In any case you don't think it's weird that no one really questioned the Arialla wagon?
    Why would it be weird? His train was essentially "You have not posted and the game has been going on for over 30 hours, sorry to say but you must be lynched". I see 0 reason why anyone should question that? Also remember this is me saying this and I'm the person who will defend Arialla no matter what.

Listo, see #140. It was weird because there was no resistance yet somehow it didn't manage to go through. Why? Because he showed up?

And when was the last time we had a policy lynch day 1?

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I guess I'll break the ice as far as voting goes, get something started.

Vote: Monkz
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Holy crap people. I didn't even know the game started. I found the email today in my spam folder when they have never gone there before. Allowyn trust me people get lynched or killed for crap from last game all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Holy crap people. I didn't even know the game started. I found the email today in my spam folder when they have never gone there before. Allowyn trust me people get lynched or killed for crap from last game all the time
    Anyone who died early in the last game usually gets a free pass from me for at least 2-3 days (whether I'm town or scum).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    Anyone who died early in the last game usually gets a free pass from me for at least 2-3 days (whether I'm town or scum).
    That's actually a really good philosophy, I might take after your on that one for my future games.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    That's actually a really good philosophy, I might take after your on that one for my future games.
    A lot of people do that as an unofficial rule. Lots of discussion like, 'well <X> died N1 or D2 last game', etc. etc. I agree it can be a nice thing but ultimately it shouldn't cripple your actions in the game.

That said, obviously I didn't vote Arialla, though I would have had he not shown up when he did.
    @dupti who do I want to vote for today? That's a good question. Right now there's so much discussion over Kryl and Arialla that I'm not sure. However, there is one person who hasn't shown up yet, so...

Vote Largehorn
    @Largehorn where are youuuuu

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello peoples of assorted backgrounds and allegiances. Day one 2.0 calls for another die of fate roll for me to start off with.

10....I think that's Kryllian.

vote: Kryllian

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to hear from @Virothe and see what he has to make of D1 and the start of D2, if anything.

Back from my nap.

Didn't see anything interesting yesterday outside of the usual day-1 nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Welp, I guess I'll break the ice as far as voting goes, get something started.

I'll get on with this for my own reasons.

Because of making the last game so much harder than it needed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenaixiii View Post
    however, there is one person who hasn't shown up yet, so...

vote largehorn
    @largehorn where are youuuuu
    lynch the non contributors!

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I'd like to hear from @Virothe and see what he has to make of D1 and the start of D2, if anything.
    I don't have a lot to add, I wasn't around that much day 1 unfortunately and I honestly thought we would be fine if I held my Robo vote. Right now there's a lot of people throwing mud around trying to get it to stick but there isn't a lot of direction to it.

Seems like as well for such a small game we're lacking any real charisma to get days moving faster than a snails pace.

but I will respond to this....

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    2) I'm reading this as currently just joking around on Day 1, because it seems too obvious to be a slip for a veteran Robo, and Kryllian is getting more confident as he plays.

It's a mistake to think because someones a veteran that they wouldn't make a rookie error. We're all human and all just as likely to fuck up as anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm off to bed, I will be more active tomorrow. Promise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for checking in, Duck.

I always have a hard time reading Monkz and find him to be a problem late game regularly due to his unpredictability. As such, I am ok with

that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so first off.

FoS: Kurenai and Large

Both were around near the end of day and could have switched to Arialla to guarantee his lynched but neither switched, Large due to assuming Arialla was doomed and from what I see Kurenai had no vote out whatsoever. And 2nd

Vote: dupti

It just feels like you are trying to paint it as either Arialla or Kryl have to be scum. Now while it is possible one of them is scum, who would you think it is? Scum could get free "town cred" by voting off Arialla because it was a policy lynch when it was growing. If it is Kryl it is possible they used Arialla as a scapegoat but even if he wasn't scum when it was realized Arialla hadn't posted he was going to get votes quick. As to maybe the scum didn't care. Maybe they didn't know Arialla didn't have the number of votes needed to get a lynch off? We are using Modified Majority instead of Minority. If they just assumed we could get Arialla lynched without having to do anything they could maybe just try not to.

FoS: Everyone that wasn't on Arialla yesterday to secure a lynch
    Big FoS: KurenaiXIII, Largehorn and Xanjori

All those three were here and posting in the final hours, and they didn't help to secure a lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'll get on with this for my own reasons.

Because of making the last game so much harder than it needed to be.
    Explain please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I always have a hard time reading Monkz and find him to be a problem late game regularly due to his unpredictability. As such, I am ok with

So this is a valid reasoning. My problem is that you could use this reason every game from now on and "get away" with a vote on me. Because it has nothing to do with the current game. Would be an easy way to lynch me if/when you're mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    That said, obviously I didn't vote Arialla, though I would have had he not shown up when he did.
    This feels strange to me. Yes, Arialla showed up towards the end of the day but at that point it would have been very difficult to get any other lynch off. It's a shame that Arialla didn't realise that the game had started but someone needed to be lynched and it would have provided information.

D1 isn't pleasant. It's never fun to have to vote on someone without there being any real reasoning behind it. Yet in Arialla's case the reasoning behind it was solid. He didn't show up and he had his reasons, sure but everybody else had already posted by that point.

Vote: Kurenai

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    This feels strange to me. Yes, Arialla showed up towards the end of the day but at that point it would have been very difficult to get any other lynch off. It's a shame that Arialla didn't realise that the game had started but someone needed to be lynched and it would have provided information.

D1 isn't pleasant. It's never fun to have to vote on someone without there being any real reasoning behind it. Yet in Arialla's case the reasoning behind it was solid. He didn't show up and he had his reasons, sure but everybody else had already posted by that point.

I agree. That reasoning is very weak on a day 1. Someone has to go.
    Why would'nt you wan't to vote Arialla just because they showed up? Everyone else showed up too?

As I highlighted him in my FoS earlier, I'm fine with this vote.