Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imagine the outrage had the person been black...!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not really. People are morons who can't do math to realize that welfare recipients cost them about 20 dollars a year, versus the fact that nearly every penny of their tax money is going towards pork barrel sweetheart deals/tax breaks being slung around like candy for the top 0.1%.

So they bite down on the shit biscuit that their lives suck, because poor people are robbing them blind. When in reality their life sucks because their boss cut their Christmas bonus so he could buy a gold plated swimming pool.

But god forbid we ever direct our ire at the people who deserve it. But then we would give up our delusion that we're all just "temporarily embarrassed millionaires".

I see it all the time in a grocery store. If somebody is paying with food stamps, their head is usually slung pretty low.
    The guy who gold plated his swimming pool cannot be found at the Walmart checkout line. So where is she going to find those guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    And she did that in front of her kids and his kid...I don't understand that. If he was buying something crazy, maybe, but it looked like he was just buying his kid food.

Sometimes (maybe more than sometimes) the White Trash isn't the one using the foodstamps. SMH.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    The guy who gold plated his swimming pool cannot be found at the Walmart checkout line. So where is she going to find those guys?
    Target of course..
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    You don't. heh. They aren't stupid like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It doesn't matter if they get a massive pay raise, they don't pay a higher tax rate on the amount they made before.
    I understand that. I was arguing against his "On the cusp" claim that people would see massive tax increases if they're pushed into the next bracket. They would have to be pushed heavily into the next bracket in order to see such a raise that he's claiming. It's an almost unlikely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    There is an outrage lol, but good job bringing race into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Im in line, see someone with 4 bags of sugar thats $4.19 on the shelf, I got the one the ones that was on sale $1.88 (plus I got a coupon) and wonder why are they getting that, then see them whip out the card.
    So true. Let's ammend the constitution to reflect the mindset.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. The limit of the blessings of liberty is of course the citizen's grocery choices and that general welfare thing, pleaaaaase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, you just have to cunt-punch someone.

I have to wonder whether this was staged.

They don't actually issue food stamps anymore. They issue SNAP cards, that basically look like a visa debit card.

Upon request, the same type of cards are also issued for unemployment and tax refunds (for these, alternatively, you can still request a mailed paper check or have it wired to your bank account.)

SNAP cards are swiped, just like any other credit or debit card, so how would that woman have known that guy was paying with food stamps?

I call BS on this video.
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-04 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks overweight and he looks skinny. Clearly he is eating all her food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post

If you're a veteran and homeless after the 90's, it's your own fault as the VA has a ridiculous number of programs to get you on your feet.
    Considering that most of those people have mental issues that aren't taken care of, you're way off base here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    One in four chance. Nearly half of Snap recipients are white. Oh, and 80 percent of them are employed. The man in the video is highly representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Nope it's 100% possible and factual for those on bracket cusps at a certain point in income where you get ridiculous increases if you hit the next bracket.

This response is just the go to sob story that poor people use to try to act like they're not leeching off others.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't. I was in the Army for 11 years. I know people who were getting WIC and SNAP just because those programs only operate off your taxable income. So while on paper they're only making maybe 20k a year, in reality they're also getting another 20-40k for housing allowance and a food stipend. So the military on SNAP and WIC are taking advantage of it.

If you're a veteran and homeless after the 90's, it's your own fault as the VA has a ridiculous number of programs to get you on your feet.
    you should take some accounting classes. you could really use the education in how taxes actually work.
    also lol the v.a. is notorious for how little it actually benefits veterans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    One in four chance. Nearly half of Snap recipients are white. Oh, and 80 percent of them are employed. The man in the video is highly representative.
    i know a lot of people that work and still have to use food stamps.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    I have to wonder whether this was staged.

They don't actually issue food stamps anymore. They issue SNAP cards, that basically look like a visa debit card.

Upon request, the same type of cards are also issued for unemployment and tax refunds (for these, alternatively, you can still request a mailed paper check or have it wired to your bank account.)

SNAP cards are swiped, just like any other credit or debit card, so how would that woman have known that guy was paying with food stamps?

I call BS on this video.
    The SNAP cards here are quite noticeable. They have a very distinctive logo, a lack of a credit card symbol, and say "LOUISIANA PURCHASE" on the side in big letters. I guess you could try to hide it, but...
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The SNAP cards here are quite noticeable. They have a very distinctive logo, a lack of a credit card symbol, and say "LOUISIANA PURCHASE" on the side in big letters. I guess you could try to hide it, but...
    you just gave scott walker a great idea. thanks heather.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Let me guess, she's for food stamps, it's just that they're abusing the system.

Wait, he was using food stamps for their intended purpose? What the literal fuck.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Let me guess, she's for food stamps, it's just that they're abusing the system.

Wait, he was using food stamps for their intended purpose? What the literal fuck.
    didn't you get the memo poor people should starve to death. if it was me i would have asked her if she was too poor for target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you just gave scott walker a great idea. thanks heather.
    He probably already knew about it since last I heard he was great buddies with Bobby Jindal.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    didn't you get the memo poor people should starve to death. if it was me i would have asked her if she was too poor for target.
    Oh right, the humanitarian position of 'fuck those people.'
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii