Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So Zelda and Metroid make a system now?
    Hell yes they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    ha ha ha ha no
    Nintendo has so much money they can literally operate in the red for decades.
    The only way Nintendo goes the way of Sega is if they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Nintendo really just needs to step out of the console hardware market, transition their Flagship Franchises to other systems as a Games Developer instead of a "console" developer, and focus their hardware efforts on maintaining their absolutely crushing deathgrip on the handheld marketspace.

That's pretty much a guaranteed win for just about everybody involved.
    The handheld market space is dying outside of Japan. If anything Nintendo needs to find a way to be relevant in the west period and they can do that without being 3rd party.

Japan accounts for over 1/3rd of the 3DS console sales, which is not a good thing for Nintendo when NA and Europe are both far larger markets then Japan. DS sold 150 million units, 3DS is limping across 60 mil to close it's life. The decline is real there, and Nintendo can not count on that market as a sure thing going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Hell yes they do.
    Sorry but I'll take Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze over any Zelda or Metroid game any day. Good games are good games regardless of the IP behind them.

If you only buy games because of the name on the box you're doing it wrong.

This is like asking if Sony circa 2005 will bow out because their home console only sold 100 million.

So long as their handheld market continues to completely dominate Sony's poor attempts, no, Nintendo will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Nintendo doesn't seem like it's doing so well anymore. Do you think we will see one of our old gaming Titans join the ranks of Sega in the city of the video game damned?

No NX @ E3?
    I'll say it once, I'll say it a million times...

What I wouldn't do to have Nintendo just go third party, and SPEND ACTUAL TIME on producing Video Game Generation defining games once again instead of just shitting out another Smash Brothers and Zelda every couple of years to keep their dying consoles on life support.

If they took the time/effort that Bethesda does for Fallout/Elder Scrolls and just make the most monumental Open World Legend of Zelda ever... and with the sell-through on PS4/Xbox it would make back WAY more than just selling a modicum of their new gimmick hardware + game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    This is like asking if Sony circa 2005 will bow out because their home console only sold 100 million.

So long as their handheld market continues to completely dominate Sony's poor attempts, no, Nintendo will be fine.
    People do ask that... and Sony kinda really is more focusing on the home console front these days instead of keeping Vita on life support. Only thing it's being touted for is the ability to remote-play your PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo does well when they have consoles with controllers you plug in and play games with. The Wii and Wii U were questionable decisions at best, and they lost market share for them, no question. But they can still set things right by pulling the company out of the hole they're in, blowing on it, and putting it back in.

Umm, Gamecube had Wind Waker and Wii had Skyward Sword so not sure what you're talking about.
    EDIT: Scratch that - I'm thinking Twilight Princess >_< Eff me, there's more damn shat-out versions of Zelda's and poorly realized sequels than there are Halo/GTA games! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If they took the time/effort that Bethesda does for Fallout/Elder Scrolls and just make the most monumental Open World Legend of Zelda ever... and with the sell-through on PS4/Xbox it would make back WAY more than just selling a modicum of their new gimmick hardware + game.
    I'm sorry but IMO there isn't a fallout or elderscrolls that holds a candle to zelda. I don't give a dam how big the worlds in those two games are when 90% of the content is boring/empty as fuck.

I enjoyed Fo3/NV and I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim. But you can't sit there and tell me those games are any different from each other. Only difference is one is a wasteland and other is medieval.

Personally dispite there bullshit I still feel Nintendo is one of the few who takes time to make decent games and delivers. Look at FO4 from Bethesda and how long it took to be made. Its FO3 with a worse story and build ur house mode.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    The handheld market space is dying outside of Japan. If anything Nintendo needs to find a way to be relevant in the west period and they can do that without being 3rd party.

Japan accounts for over 1/3rd of the 3DS console sales, which is not a good thing for Nintendo when NA and Europe are both far larger markets then Japan. DS sold 150 million units, 3DS is limping across 60 mil to close it's life. The decline is real there, and Nintendo can not count on that market as a sure thing going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I'll take Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze over any Zelda or Metroid game any day. Good games are good games regardless of the IP behind them.

If you only buy games because of the name on the box you're doing it wrong.
    I've been playing Nintendo games since i was 4 years old, starting with Tetris on the big brick gameboy. and i've owned virtually every Nintendo console there is and have purchased over 200 games over the years.

I am still playing SNES games even today, latest game being Yoshi's Island for the 5th+ time and ran trough Final Fantasy 6 again for the umpteenth time.
    But my Wii U is gathering dust, last time it was used was Bayonetta 2 and while the game was good, it had no replayability, i sold it after 3 days which is what it took to complete it. It was not as fun as my last FF6 replay was better.

Telling someone that they are doing it *wrong* is stupid. Everyone has their own opinion and interests.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-05-04 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    I've been playing Nintendo games since i was 4 years old, starting with Tetris on the big brick gameboy. and i've owned virtually every Nintendo console there is and have purchased over 200 games over the years.

I am still playing SNES games even today, latest game being Yoshi's Island for the 5th+ time and ran trough Final Fantasy 6 again for the umpteenth time.
    But my Wii U is gathering dust, last time it was used was Bayonetta 2 and while the game was good, it had no replayability, i sold it after 3 days which is what it took to complete it. It was not as fun as my last FF6 replay was better.

Telling someone that they are doing it *wrong* is stupid. Everyone has their own opinion and interests.
    You seem to be failing to grasp the point. I can name over 10 Wii U games that are worth playing that are not named Zelda or Metroid. Claiming a game has to be from a certain IP to be good is a fallacy, claiming a system is shit because it lacked said IP is again a fallacy. If the Wii U disappointing you it's because it lacked games to interest you or you failed to discover ones that might. It's not because it didn't have ____ IP on it.

If the last time you touched your Wii U was for Bayonetta 2 that is quite sad indeed since the(IMO) defining game of this generation in Splatoon came out well after that. Pick it up. Oh and also the best exploration based game to ever be put out in X(story could be disappointing to some but the world they created and exploration you can do in it is matched by no one)
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-04 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post

look at sony's overall finances and yes they are at death's door. there is a very real possibility of them going bankrupt despite the ps4's success. their other divisions have been doing very badly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

EDIT: Scratch that - I'm thinking Twilight Princess >_< Eff me, there's more damn shat-out versions of Zelda's and poorly realized sequels than there are Halo/GTA games! >_<
    There have only been 5 3D Zelda games released since 1998. There has been 7 Halo games released since 2001. There has been only 7 mainline GTA games in the entire history of the franchise(1997).

You're barking up the wrong tree arguing any of these games get constant releases.

Deleted
    Probably not. Nintendo still makes most of their money from their handheld devices and games, Sega didn't have any share on the handheld market at that time.

That being said, they could be doing a lot better if they didn't "innovate" for the sake of innovating. They did that with the recent Star Fox game and it sucks. I want the Nintendo that we got during the SNES, N64 and Gamecube eras, innovating in games rather than console design.

It would also help if Nintendo didn't censor any Youtube style content and this lack of coverage is really hurting them. Nobody hugely significant covers Nintendo releases and reviews.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-04 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    look at sony's overall finances and yes they are at death's door. there is a very real possibility of them going bankrupt despite the ps4's success. their other divisions have been doing very badly.
    What other divisions. You do realise Sony has sold off nearly all divisions right?

Sony is in the black now thanks to ps4 sells and the only thing they kept was there high end tv crap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Sony posted a 1.3 billion profit for FY 2015. PS4 pulled them out of the red and they have chomped off their limbs that where losing them money for the most part. Sony atm is a very healthy company and on the rise after 8 years of disaster and it's all thanks to PS4/selling off divisions losing them money.

Doesn't Nintendo hold the rights to Pokémon? If they do then they're golden. Pokemon Go on mobile devices will be the death of me!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

There have only been 5 3D Zelda games released since 1998. There has been 7 Halo games released since 2001. There has been only 7 mainline GTA games in the entire history of the franchise(1997).

You're barking up the wrong tree arguing any of these games get constant releases.
    If you're counting/including the re-releases of Halo, why are you not counting/including the re-releases of previous Zeldas?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Doesn't Nintendo hold the rights to Pokémon? If they do then they're golden. Pokemon Go on mobile devices will be the death of me!
    Pokemon is 1/3rd owned by Nintendo, 1/3rd owned by Game Freak and 1/3rd owned by creatures. While it's an exclusive Nintendo franchise there are situations that could end that IE creatures and game freak merging and taking majority ownership of The Pokemon Company, or another company buying both of them. Obviously just hypothetical and Nintendo would likely fight anything like that happening as hard as they could, just for the record/reference.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're counting/including the re-releases of Halo, why are you not counting/including the re-releases of previous Zeldas?
    I'm counting re-releases of Halo?

Halo
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo Reach
    Halo 4
    Halo 5

That is 7. We know how to count right? No where am I counting MCC homes.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-04 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about the whole deal with Pokemon. I know for a fact they're pretty beholden to whatever GameFreak decides to do with the game (which is why there has NEVER been a straight-up home console version of the game. Only the "snaps" and "Stadiums" and those goofy gimmick versions.)

Deleted
    I think there is a reason to be worried, the last console did not sell that well, and it juts seems Nintendo tries to innovate to much then actually do any decend gaming advancement. They do fine with their own games, but few other big companies even bother makeing games for it.